Endogenous distribution, politics and the growth-equity tradeoff
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Das Satya P & Ghate Chetan, 2004. "Endogenous Distribution, Politics, and the Growth-Equity Tradeoff," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-32, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2000. "Endogenous Inequality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(4), pages 743-759.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 2000. "Das Human Kapital," Working Papers 2000-17, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Loury, Glenn C, 1981. "Intergenerational Transfers and the Distribution of Earnings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 843-867, June.
- Das, Satya P., 2001.
"Endogenous distribution and the political economy of trade policy,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 465-491, September.
- Satya P. Das, 1999. "Endogeneous Distribution and the Political Economy of Trade Policy," Departmental Working Papers 199913, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Jones, Larry E & Manuelli, Rodolfo E, 1990. "A Convex Model of Equilibrium Growth: Theory and Policy Implications," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1008-1038, October.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2000. "A Reassessment of the Relationship between Inequality and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 869-887, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Graziella Bertocchi, 2011.
"The Vanishing Bequest Tax: The Comparative Evolution Of Bequest Taxation In Historical Perspective,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 107-131, March.
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 2007. "The Vanishing Bequest Tax: The Comparative Evolution of Bequest Taxation in Historical Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 2578, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Graziella Bertocchi, 2007. "The vanishing bequest tax. The Comparative Evolution of Bequest Taxation in Historical Perspective," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 005, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 2007. "The Vanishing Bequest Tax: The Comparative Evolution of Bequest Taxation in Historical Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 6115, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chakrabarty Debajyoti & Chanda Areendam & Ghate Chetan, 2006.
"Education, Growth, and Redistribution in the Presence of Capital Flight,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 1-41, November.
- Debajyoti Chakrabarty, 2006. "Education, Growth, and Redistribution in the Presence of Capital Flight," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-21, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Areendam Chanda & Debajyoti Chakrabarty & Chetan Ghate, 2006. "Education, Growth, and Redistribution in the Presence of Capital Flight," Departmental Working Papers 2006-10, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Chetan Ghate, 2005.
"Transitional Dynamics in a Growth Model with Distributive Politics,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
514, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Chetan Ghate, 2006. "Transitional Dynamics in a Growth Model with Distributive Politics," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-22, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Chetan Ghate, 2005. "Transitional dynamics in a growth model with distributive politics," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 05-07, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Chetan Ghate, 2007. "Voting, Wealth Heterogeneity, and Endogenous Labor Supply," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 63(4), pages 477-497, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMedian Voter; Endogenous Growth; Wealth Distribution; Distributive Conflict; Redistributive Policy;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2004-01-08 (Development)
- NEP-MAC-2004-01-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-POL-2004-06-02 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:isipdp:03-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isindin.html .