A Review of Capital Account Restrictions in Chile in the 1990s
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2004.
"Capital Controls: Mud in the Wheels of Market Discipline,"
NBER Working Papers
10284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Forbes, Kristin J., 2004. "Capital Controls: Mud in the Wheels of Market Discipline," Working papers 4454-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Luis Servén, 2010.
"Are All the Sacred Cows Dead? Implications of the Financial Crisis for Macro- and Financial Policies,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 91-124, February.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Serven, Luis, 2009. "Are all the sacred cows dead ? implications of the financial crisis for macro and financial policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4807, The World Bank.
- Forbes, Kristin J., 2007.
"One cost of the Chilean capital controls: Increased financial constraints for smaller traded firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 294-323, April.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2003. "One Cost of the Chilean Capital Controls: Increased Financial Constraints for Smalles Traded Firms," NBER Working Papers 9777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Forbes, Kristin J., 2003. "One Cost of the Chilean Capital Controls: Increased Financial Constraints for Smaller Traded Firms," Working papers 4273-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Jean-Pierre Allegret, 2000. "Quel role pour les controles des mouvements internationaux de capitaux ?," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 81, pages 77-108.
- M. Buch, Claudia & Hanschel, Elke, 2000.
"The Effectiveness of Capital Controls: The Case of Slovenia,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 15, pages 602-628.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Hanschel, Elke, 1999. "The Effectiveness of Capital Controls - The Case of Slovenia," Kiel Working Papers 933, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2002.
"Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises: An Overview,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 1, pages 001-030
Central Bank of Chile.
- Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2001. "Banking, financial integration, and international crises : an overview," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 100, Central Bank of Chile.
- Masahiro Kawai & Shinji Takagi, 2010. "A Survey of the Literature on Managing Capital Inflows," Chapters,in: Managing Capital Flows, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G. P. Garcia, 2008.
"Ineffective Controls on Capital Inflows under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil in the Nineties,"
NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 29-96
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Márcio Gomes Pinto Garcia & Bernando S. de M. Carvalho, 2006. "Ineffective controls on capital inflows under sophisticated financial markets: Brazil in the nineties," Textos para discussão 516, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G. P. Garcia, 2006. "Ineffective Controls On Capital Inflows Under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil In The Nineties," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 58, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Bernardo S. de M. Carvalho & Márcio G.P. Garcia, 2006. "Ineffective Controls on Capital Inflows Under Sophisticated Financial Markets: Brazil in the Nineties," NBER Working Papers 12283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taro Esaka & Shinji Takagi, 2012. "Testing the Effectiveness of Market-Based Controls: Evidence from the Experience of Japan with Short-Term Capital Flows in the 1970s," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 12-03, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Francisco Gallego & Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 1999.
"Capital Controls in Chile: Effective? Efficient?,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
59, Central Bank of Chile.
- Francisco A. Gallego & Leonardo Hernandez & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2000. "Capital Controls in Chile: Effective? Efficient?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0330, Econometric Society.
- José De Gregorio, 2000. "Comment on "Capital Flows, Real Exchange Rates, and Capital Controls: Some Latin American Experiences"," NBER Chapters,in: Capital Flows and the Emerging Economies: Theory, Evidence, and Controversies, pages 247-253 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Le Fort Varela, Guillermo & Lehmann, Sergio, 2003. "The unremunerated reserve requirement and net capital flows: Chile in the 1990s," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2005. "Capital Controls: Mud in the Wheels of Market Efficiency," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 25(1), pages 153-166, Winter.
- Titelman Kardonsky, Daniel & Vera, Cecilia, 2009. "A summary of the experiences of Chile and Colombia with unremunerated reserve requirements on capital flows during the 1990's," Financiamiento para el Desarrollo 221, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
More about this item
KeywordsChile; Monetary policy; Capital controls; interest rates and exchange rates; capital inflows; capital flows; exchange rate; capital outflows; short-term capital;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-01-11 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:99/52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.