The Egyptian Stock Market; Efficiency Tests and Volatility Effects
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009.
"Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-11, March.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa’s emerging equity markets," Discussion Paper Series 2009_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2009.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-04, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- repec:rss:jnljef:v3i4p1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tran MANH Tuyen, 2011. "Modeling Volatility Using GARCH Models: Evidence from Vietnam," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 1935-1942.
- Ekaterini Tsouma, 2007. "Stock return dynamics and stock market interdependencies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(10), pages 805-825.
- Mazin A. M. Al Janabi & Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Manuchehr Irandoust, 2010.
"Modeling Time-Varying Volatility and Expected Returns: Evidence from the GCC and MENA Regions,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(5), pages 39-47, September.
- Mazin A. M. Al Janabi & Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Manuchehr Irandoust, 2010. "Modeling Time-Varying Volatility and Expected Returns: Evidence from the GCC and MENA Regions," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(5), pages 39-47, September.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Anisul M. Islam & Syed Abul Basher, 2000.
"Market Efficiency, Time-Varying Volatility and Equity Returns in Bangladesh Stock Market,"
2002_6, York University, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2002.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Anisul M. Islam & Syed Basher, 2003. "Market Efficiency, Time-Varying Volatility and Equity Returns in Bangladesh Stock Market," Finance 0310015, EconWPA.
- Ansotegui, Carmen & Bassiouny, Aliaa & Tooma, Eskandar, 2013. "The proof is in the pudding: Arbitrage is possible in limited emerging markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 342-357.
- Lagoarde-Segot, Thomas & Lucey, Brian M., 2008. "Efficiency in emerging markets--Evidence from the MENA region," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 94-105, February.
- Ezzat, Hassan, 2012. "The Application of GARCH and EGARCH in Modeling the Volatility of Daily Stock Returns During Massive Shocks: The Empirical Case of Egypt," MPRA Paper 50530, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdmoulah, Walid, 2010. "Testing the evolving efficiency of Arab stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 25-34, January.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2003. "Capital Flows, Capital Account Regimes, and Foreign Exchange Rate Regimes in Africa," Working Papers wp55, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Arshad, Shaista & Rizvi, Syed Aun R. & Ghani, Gairuzazmi Mat & Duasa, Jarita, 2016. "Investigating stock market efficiency: A look at OIC member countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 402-413.
- Keith Jefferis & Pako Thupayagale, 2008. "Long Memory In Southern African Stock Markets," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 76(3), pages 384-398, September.
- Ghassan Omet & Mohammad Khasawneh & Jamal Khasawneh, 2002. "Efficiency tests and volatility effects: evidence from the Jordanian stock market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(12), pages 817-821.
- Alagidede, Paul, 2011. "Return behaviour in Africa's emerging equity markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 133-140, May.
- Billmeier, Andreas & Massa, Isabella, 2008.
"Go long or short in pyramids? News from the Egyptian stock market,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 949-970, December.
- Isabella Massa & Andreas Billmeier, 2007. "Go Long or Short in Pyramids? News from the Egyptian Stock Market," IMF Working Papers 07/179, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEgypt; Emerging stock markets; GARCH models; stock exchange; stock returns; stock market; capital market; capital market authority;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:99/48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.