Central Bank Vulnerability and the Credibility of Commitments; A Value-at-Risk Approach to Currency Crises
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & E. Murat Ucer, 1999. "Exchange market reform, inflation, and fiscal deficits," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 81-96.
- Teijeiro, Mario O., 1989. "Central bank losses : origins, conceptual issues, and measurement problems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 293, The World Bank.
- Rudi Dornbusch, 2001. "Fewer Monies, Better Monies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 238-242, May.
- Peter Stella, 1997. "Do Central Banks Need Capital?," IMF Working Papers 97/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Peter Stella, 2005. "Central Bank Financial Strength, Transparency, and Policy Credibility," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(2), pages 335-365, September.
- George A Mackenzie & Peter Stella, 1996. "Quasi-Fiscal Operations of Public Financial Institutions," IMF Occasional Papers 142, International Monetary Fund.
- Claudia H Dziobek & John W. Dalton, 2005. "Central Bank Losses and Experiences in Selected Countries," IMF Working Papers 05/72, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Stella, 2002. "Central Bank Financial Strength, Transparency, and Policy Credibility," IMF Working Papers 02/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Schobert, Franziska, 2006. "Linking financial soundness and independence of central banks--Central and Eastern Europe, Turkey and CIS countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 239-255, June.
- Christoffersen, Peter & Errunza, Vihang, 2000. "Towards a global financial architecture: capital mobility and risk management issues," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-20, May.
- Ante Babić & Ante Žigman, 2001. "Currency Crises: Theoretical and Empirical Overview of the 1990s," Surveys 5, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:21-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederico Pechir Gomes & Marcelo Yoshio Takami & Vinicius Ratton Brandi, 2008. "Foreign Exchange Market Volatility Information: An Investigation of Real-Dollar Exchange Rate," Working Papers Series 174, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Kämpfe, Martina & Knedlik, Tobias, 2017. "The appropriateness of the macroeconomic imbalance procedure for Central and Eastern European countries," IWH Discussion Papers 16/2017, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- González, M. & Minguez, R., 2005. "The Method Of Simulated Maximum Likelihood For The Estimaton Of Dynamic Ordered Probit: An Application To Country-Risk For Non-Developed Countries," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(3), pages 99-133.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral banks; Central banking; financial vulnerability; value at risk; currency crises; central bank; domestic currency; foreign debt;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:98/65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .