Fundamental Determinants of Inequality and the Role of Government
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adler, Martin & Schmid, Kai Daniel, 2013.
"Factor Shares and Income Inequality. Empiral Evidence from Germany 2002 – 2008,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 133(2), pages 121-132.
- Adler, Martin & Schmid, Kai Daniel, 2012. "Factor shares and income inequality - Empirical evidence from Germany 2002 - 2008," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 34, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Martin Adler & Kai Daniel Schmid, 2012. "Factor Shares and Income Inequality - Empirical Evidence from Germany 2002-2008," IAW Discussion Papers 82, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Martin Adler & Kai Daniel Schmid, 2012. "Factor Shares and Income Inequality: Empirical Evidence from Germany 2002-2008," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 460, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Peter Hoeller & Isabelle Joumard & Mauro Pisu & Debra Bloch, 2012. "Less Income Inequality and More Growth – Are They Compatible? Part 1. Mapping Income Inequality Across the OECD," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 924, OECD Publishing.
- A. B. Atkinson, 2009. "Factor shares: the principal problem of political economy?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 3-16, Spring.
- Douglas Gollin, 2002. "Getting Income Shares Right," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 458-474, April.
- Luci Ellis & Kathryn Smith, 2010. "The Global Upward Trend in the Profit Share," Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik), Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 56(3), pages 231-256.
- Lane, Philip R. & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, 2007.
"The external wealth of nations mark II: Revised and extended estimates of foreign assets and liabilities, 1970-2004,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 223-250, November.
- Lane, Philip R. & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, 2006. "The External Wealth of Nations Mark II: Revised and Extended Estimates of Foreign Assets and Liabilities, 1970-2004," CEPR Discussion Papers 5644, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philip R. Lane & Gian M Milesi-Ferretti, 2006. "The External Wealth of Nations Mark II; Revised and Extended Estimates of Foreign Assets and Liabilities, 1970–2004," IMF Working Papers 06/69, International Monetary Fund.
- Philip R. Lane & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 2006. "The External Wealth of Nations Mark II: Revised and Extended Estimates of Foreign Assets and Liabilities,1970–2004," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp126, IIIS.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2008. "Did wages reflect growth in productivity?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 591-594.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2008. "Did Wages Reflect Growth in Productivity?," Scholarly Articles 2794832, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1985. "Economics of Worldwide Stagflation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number brun85-1, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Susan Steiner, 2005.
"Decentralisation and Poverty Reduction: A Conceptual Framework for the Economic Impact,"
- Susan Steiner, 2005. "Decentralisation and Poverty Reduction: A Conceptual Framework for the Economic Impact," GIGA Working Paper Series 03, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- J. Mohan Rao, 1999. "Globalization and the Fiscal Autonomy of the State," Working Papers wp25, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Taschowsky, Peter, 2000. "Soziale Sicherheit und Wachstum," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-237, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Belkacem Laabas and Imed Limam, "undated". "Impact of public policies on poverty, income distribution and growth," API-Working Paper Series 0401, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Chu, Ke-young & Davoodi, Hamid & Gupta, Sanjeev, 2003. "Income distribution and tax, and government social spending policies in developing countries," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34918, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Hong-Ghi Min, 2002. "Inequality, the price of nontradables, and the real exchange rate : theory and cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2758, The World Bank.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4994 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vassili Prokopenko & Paul Holden, 2001. "Financial Development and Poverty Alleviation; Issues and Policy Implications for Developing and Transition Countries," IMF Working Papers 01/160, International Monetary Fund.
- Thi Hong Hanh Pham, 2015. "Income Inequality and Foreign Aid," Working Papers hal-01158240, HAL.
- Hong-Ghi Min & Sang-Ook Shin & Judith A. McDonald, 2015. "Income Inequality and the Real Exchange Rate: Linkages and Evidence," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 16(1), pages 115-141, May.
- Alari Paulus, 2004. "Income Inequality and its Decomposition: the Case of Estonia," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration,in: Modelling the Economies of the Baltic Sea Region, volume 17, chapter 7, pages 206-235 Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Jorge N. Valero-Gil & Jose A. Tijerina-Guajardo, 2002. "Effects of Education on the Intergenerational Transmission of Labor Income in Mexico," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 381-392, Summer.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial policy; Public sector; Inequality; Social Norms; Role of Governments; Positional Rents; Social Capital; human capital; income distribution; trade theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:98/178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .