Liability-Creating Versus Non-Liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilization Policies; Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilization, and EMU
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R, 1998. "Liability-Creating versus Non-liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilisation Policies: Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilisation, and EMU," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1026-1045, July.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Masson, Paul R, 1998. "Liability-Creating Versus Non-Liability-Creating Fiscal Stabilization Policies: Ricardian Equivalence, Fiscal Stabilization and EMU," CEPR Discussion Papers 1984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Majocchi, 2008. "Theories of fiscal federalism and the European experience," ISAE Working Papers 100, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Rosenblatt, David & Webb, Steven B & González, Christian Y, 2003. "Stabilizing intergovernmental transfers in Latin America: a complement to national," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34927, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Kenen, Peter B., 2000.
"Currency areas, policy domains, and the institutionalization of fixed exchange rates,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20170, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter B. Kenen, 2000. "Currency Areas, Policy Domains, and the Institutionalization of Fixed Exchange Rates," CEP Discussion Papers dp0467, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Wagner, Gary A., 2003. "Are state budget stabilization funds only the illusion of savings?: Evidence from stationary panel data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 213-238.
- Becerra, Ligia Melo, 2004. "Intergovernmental fiscal relations : the Colombian case," Economics PhD Theses 0304, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Abdelhak S Senhadji & Carlo Cottarelli, 2016.
"The Role of Fiscal Transfers in Smoothing Regional Shocks; Evidence from Existing Federations,"
IMF Working Papers
16/141, International Monetary Fund.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Abdelhak Senhadji & Carlo Cottarelli, 2016. "The Role of Fiscal Transfers in Smoothing Regional Shocks: Evidence from Existing Federations," Working Papers 18, European Stability Mechanism.
- Gianluigi Giorgioni & Ken Holden, 2003. "Ricardian equivalence, expansionary fiscal contraction and the stock market: a VECM approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(12), pages 1435-1443.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2008.
"The Economic Effects of the EU Budget: A VAR Analysis,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46, pages 933-968, December.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2007. "The Economic Effects of the EU Budget: A VAR Analysis," Discussion Paper Series 0722, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Etienne Farvaque & Florence Huart, 2017.
"A policymaker’s guide to a Euro area stabilization fund,"
Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics,
Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 34(1), pages 11-30, April.
- Etienne Farvaque & Florence Huart, 2016. "A policymaker's guide to a Euro area stabilization fund," Post-Print hal-01526022, HAL.
- Lenaerts, Karolien & Paquier, Félix & Simonetta, Suzanne, 2017. "Unemployment Insurance in America: A model for Europe?," CEPS Papers 12684, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Tomas Wroblowsky, 2007. "Explaining the Variability of Debt Neutrality Tests Results: A Meta-Analysis of Ricardian Equivalence," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 5(1), pages 7-24.
- Fatas, Antonio & Mihov, Ilian, 2001.
"Government size and automatic stabilizers: international and intranational evidence,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 3-28, October.
- Fatás, Antonio & Mihov, Ilian, 1999. "Government Size and Automatic Stabilizers: International and Intranational Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2259, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jha, Raghbendra, 2001.
"Macroeconomics of Fiscal Policy in Developing Countries,"
Departmental Working Papers
2001-05, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Jha, Raghbendra, 2001. "Macroeconomics of Fiscal Policy in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 071, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Muhammad Afzal, 2012. "Ricardian equivalence hypothesis: Evidence from Pakistan," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 3(6), pages 258-265.
- Gonzalez, Christian Y. & Rosenblatt, David & Webb, Steven B., 2002. "Stabilizing intergovernmental transfers in Latin America : a complement to national/subnational fiscal rules?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2869, The World Bank.
- Ligia Alba Melo-Becerra, 2015. "The role of the sub-national public sector in the stabilization function: Evidence from the Colombian case for the period 1990-2001," REVISTA FINANZAS Y POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA, vol. 7(2), pages 299-324, July.
- Fritz Breuss, 2012. "Towards a New EMU," WIFO Working Papers 447, WIFO.
- Thomas Uril, 2001. "Avoiding excessive deficits with fiscal coordination light," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 36(6), pages 281-285, November.
- Casimir Dadak, 2011. "Political Economy of the Euro Area Crisis," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(5), pages 593-604, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Economic and Monetary Union; Fiscal policy; Fiscal Stabilization; Levels of Government; Ricardian Equivalence; tax liability; private consumption; fiscal stabilizers;
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:98/112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .