Developing Countries and the Globalization of Financial Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 1995.
"Varieties of Capital-Market Crises,"
Research Department Publications
4008, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 1995. "Varieties of Capital-Market Crises," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 5721, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:01:y:1998:i:01:n:s0219091598000053 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Knight & Norman Loayza & Delano Villanueva, 1993. "Testing the Neoclassical Theory of Economic Growth: A Panel Data Approach," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(3), pages 512-541, September.
- Malcolm D. Knight & Delano Villanueva & Norman Loayza, 1992. "Testing the Neoclassical Theory of Economic Growth; A Panel Data Approach," IMF Working Papers 92/106, International Monetary Fund.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- Michael D. Bordo & Bruce Mizrach & Anna J. Schwartz, 1998. "Real versus Pseudo-International Systemic Risk Some Lessons from History," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(01), pages 31-58.Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
- Michael D. Bordo & Bruce Mizrach & Anna J. Schwartz, 1995. "Real Versus Pseudo-International Systemic Risk: Some Lessons from History," NBER Working Papers 5371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J Benson Durham, "undated". "Econometrics of the Real Effects of Cross-Border Capital Flows in Emerging Markets," QEH Working Papers qehwps52, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Gary Dymski, 2011. "The International Debt Crisis," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Globalisation, Second Edition, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Duo Qin, 1999. "How Much Did Excess Debt Contribute to the 1997 Currency Crisis in Korea?," Working Papers 407, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Federico Esposito, 2016. "Risk Diversification and International Trade," 2016 Meeting Papers 302, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- J Benson Durham, "undated". "A Survey of the Econometric Literature on the Real Effects of International Capital Flows in Lower Income Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps50, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Komulainen, Tuomas, 2001. "Currency crises in emerging markets : Capital flows and herding behaviour," BOFIT Discussion Papers 10/2001, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Gabriel Srour, 2004. "Economic Integration, Sectoral Diversification, and Exchange Rate Policy in a Developing Economy," IMF Working Papers 04/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Ursel Baumann & Glenn Hoggarth & Darren Pain, 2005. "The substitution of bank for non-bank corporate finance: evidence for the United Kingdom," Bank of England working papers 274, Bank of England.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Babinard, Julie & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Thomas, Marcelle, 2002. "Globalizing health benefits for developing countries," TMD discussion papers 108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gary Dymski, 2005. "Financial Globalization, Social Exclusion and Financial Crisis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 439-457.
- Morgan Bazilian & Patrick Nussbaumer & Giorgio Gualberti & Erik Haites & Michael Levi & Judy Siegel & Daniel M. Kammen & Joergen Fenhann, 2011. "Informing the Financing of Universal Energy Access: An Assessment of Current Flows," Working Papers 2011.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kleimeier, Stefanie & Versteeg, Roald, 2010.
"Project finance as a driver of economic growth in low-income countries,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 49-59, April.
- Kleimeier Stefanie & Versteeg Roald, 2009. "Project Finance as a Driver of Economic Growth in Low-Income Countries," Research Memorandum 011, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Christie Dike, 2016. "Stock Market Efficiency Promotes Economic Development: Empirical Evidence from Africa," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1287-1298.
- Bee-Hoong Tay & Pei-Tha Gan, 2016. "The Determinants of Investment Rewards: Evidence for Selected Developed and Developing Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1180-1188.
- E. P. Davis, 2001. "Multiple Avenues of Intermediation, Corporate Finance and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 01/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Demir, Firat, 2004. "A Failure Story: Politics and Financial Liberalization in Turkey, Revisiting the Revolving Door Hypothesis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 851-869, May.
- Komulainen, Tuomas, 1999. "Currency crisis theories : Some explanations for the Russian case," BOFIT Discussion Papers 1/1999, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Durham, J.B.J. Benson, 2004. "Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, April.
- J Benson Durham, "undated". "Econometrics of the Effects of Stock Market Development on Growth and Private Investment in Lower Income Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps53, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- repec:prs:recofi:ecofi_0987-3368_1999_num_55_5_4937 is not listed on IDEAS
- Islam, S.M.A, 2008. "Financial repression and economic distortions to the stage of economic growth and agricultural development in Bangladesh," Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES), vol. 6.
- Roland Gillet & Yves Wagner, 2002. "Les phénomènes de globalisation," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 115-130.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital markets; Globalization; Capital flows; developing and transition economies; banking; financial markets; supervision; international cooperation; financial system; banking sector; financial systems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:98/105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .