Growth, Investment, and Savings in the Arab Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, January.
- Young, Alwyn, 1994. "Lessons from the East Asian NICS: A contrarian view," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 964-973, April.
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, 1991.
"Equipment Investment and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 445-502.
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, "undated". "Equipment Investment and Economic Growth," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _122, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- J. Bradford De Long & Lawrence H. Summers, 1990. "Equipment Investment and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1993. "The role of macroeconomic factors in growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 485-512, December.
- Michael Sarel, 1995. "Demographic Dynamics and the Empirics of Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 398-410, June.
- Masao Ogaki & Jonathan D. Ostry & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996.
"Saving Behavior in Low- and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 38-71, March.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao & Ostry, Jonathan, 1995. "Saving behavior in low- and middle-income developing countries," MPRA Paper 13757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masao Ogaki & Jonathan David Ostry & Carmen Reinhart, 1995. "Saving Behavior in Low and Middle-Income Developing Countries; A Comparison," IMF Working Papers 95/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao & Ostry, Jonathan, 1996. "Saving Behavior in Low- and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison," MPRA Paper 6978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John F. Wilson & Susan Fennell & Nigel A Chalk & Mohamed A. El-Erian & Alexei P Kireyev, 1997. "Kuwait; From Reconstruction to Accumulation for Future Generations," IMF Occasional Papers 150, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohamed A. El-Erian & Manmohan S. Kumar, 1995. "Emerging Equity Markets in Middle Eastern Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 313-343, June.
- Nehru, Vikram & Dhareshwar, Ashok & DEC, 1994. "New estimates of total factor productivity growth for developing and industrial countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1313, The World Bank.
- Alwyn Young, 1992. "A Tale of Two Cities: Factor Accumulation and Technical Change in Hong Kong and Singapore," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1992, Volume 7, pages 13-64 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alwyn Young, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-680.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brach Juliane, 2010. "Technology, Political Economy, and Economic Development in the Middle East and North Africa," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 1-23, February.
- Samir Makdisi,Zeki Fattah and Imed Limam, "undated". "Determinants of Growth in the Mena Countries," API-Working Paper Series 0301, Arab Planning Institute - Kuwait, Information Center.
- Auty, Richard M., 2001. "The political state and the management of mineral rents in capital-surplus economies: Botswana and Saudi Arabia," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 77-86, June.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martín & Elsa V. Artadi, 2003. "Economic growth and investment in the Arab world," Economics Working Papers 683, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Middle East; Investment; Growth; Savings; Growth Accounting; Arab; Middle East and North Africa; tfp; growth rate; growth rates; economic growth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:97/85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .