Determinants of Korean Trade Flows and their Geographical Destination
This paper investigates the behavior of Korean trade flows during the last three decades and presents estimates of aggregate export and import equations. In particular, it considers different choices for scale and price variables and assesses the relative merits of these alternative specifications in terms of stability and forecasting performance. It also provides an assessment of the drastic change in the geographical destination of Korean exports during the 1990s.
|Date of creation:||01 Apr 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Jisoon, 1992. "An economic analysis of the Korean trade policies: 1960-1990," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 335-355.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1993. "Structural change in import demand behavior: The Korean experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 223-227, April.
- Gian Maria Milesi-Ferrett & Assaf Razin, 1996.
"Current Account Sustainability: Selected East Asian and Latin American Experiences,"
NBER Working Papers
5791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Assaf Razin & Gian-Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 1996. "Current Account Sustainability; Selected East Asian and Latin American Experiences," IMF Working Papers 96/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria & Razin, Assaf, 1996. "Current Account Sustainability: Selected East Asian and Latin American Experiences," CEPR Discussion Papers 1509, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991.
"A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems,"
Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues
91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993. "A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- Houthakker, Hendrik S & Magee, Stephen P, 1969. "Income and Price Elasticities in World Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(2), pages 111-25, May.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1991.
"Co-Integration, Aggregate Consumption, and the Demand For Imports: A Structural Econometric Investigation,"
NBER Working Papers
3812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarida, Richard H, 1994. "Cointegration, Aggregate Consumption, and the Demand for Imports: A Structural Econometric Investigation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 298-308, March.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1992. "Cointegration, aggregate consumption, and the demand for imports: a structural econometric investigation," Research Paper 9213, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Riedel, James, 1988. "The Demand for LDC Exports of Manufactures: Estimates from Hong Kong," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(389), pages 138-48, March.
- Andrew M. Warner, 1992.
"Does world investment demand determine U.S. exports?,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
423, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Warner, Andrew M, 1994. "Does World Investment Demand Determine U.S. Exports?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1409-22, December.
- Khan, Mohsin S, 1975. "The Structure and Behavior of Imports of Venezuela," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(2), pages 221-24, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:97/54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.