Determinants of Korean Trade Flows and their Geographical Destination
This paper investigates the behavior of Korean trade flows during the last three decades and presents estimates of aggregate export and import equations. In particular, it considers different choices for scale and price variables and assesses the relative merits of these alternative specifications in terms of stability and forecasting performance. It also provides an assessment of the drastic change in the geographical destination of Korean exports during the 1990s.
|Date of creation:||01 Apr 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 1995.
"Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 290-312, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1994. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade," MPRA Paper 13708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen Reinhart, 1994. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade; Evidence From Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 94/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 1995. "Devaluation, Relative Prices, and International Trade: Evidence from Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 6974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Jisoon, 1992. "An economic analysis of the Korean trade policies: 1960-1990," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 335-355.
- Khan, Mohsin S, 1975. "The Structure and Behavior of Imports of Venezuela," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(2), pages 221-24, May.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1992.
"Cointegration, aggregate consumption, and the demand for imports: a structural econometric investigation,"
9213, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Clarida, Richard H, 1994. "Cointegration, Aggregate Consumption, and the Demand for Imports: A Structural Econometric Investigation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 298-308, March.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1991. "Co-Integration, Aggregate Consumption, and the Demand For Imports: A Structural Econometric Investigation," NBER Working Papers 3812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Tom Doan, . "SWDOLS: RATS procedure to estimate cointegrating vectors using dynamic OLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00207, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Gian Maria Milesi-Ferrett & Assaf Razin, 1996.
"Current Account Sustainability: Selected East Asian and Latin American Experiences,"
NBER Working Papers
5791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Assaf Razin & Gian Milesi-Ferretti, 1996. "Current Account Sustainability; Selected East Asian and Latin American Experiences," IMF Working Papers 96/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria & Razin, Assaf, 1996. "Current Account Sustainability: Selected East Asian and Latin American Experiences," CEPR Discussion Papers 1509, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew M. Warner, 1992.
"Does world investment demand determine U.S. exports?,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
423, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Warner, Andrew M, 1994. "Does World Investment Demand Determine U.S. Exports?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1409-22, December.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- Mah, Jai Sheen, 1993. "Structural change in import demand behavior: The Korean experience," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 223-227, April.
- Houthakker, Hendrik S & Magee, Stephen P, 1969. "Income and Price Elasticities in World Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(2), pages 111-25, May.
- Riedel, James, 1988. "The Demand for LDC Exports of Manufactures: Estimates from Hong Kong," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(389), pages 138-48, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:97/54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.