The Effect of Globalization on Wages in the Advanced Economies
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arti Grover, 2005.
"Outsourcing Versus Foreign Direct Investment--A Welfare Analysis,"
140, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Arti Grover, 2010. "Outsourcing Versus Foreign Direct Investment: A Welfare Analysis," Working Papers id:3010, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2215-2288 is not listed on IDEAS
- Branko Milanovic & Lyn Squire, 2007.
"Does Tariff Liberalization Increase Wage Inequality? Some Empirical Evidence,"
NBER Chapters, in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 143-182,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Branko Milanovic & Lyn Squire, 2005. "Does tariff liberalization increase wage inequality? Some empirical evidence," Labor and Demography 0501012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Milanovic, Branko & Squire, Lyn, 2005. "Does tariff liberalization increase wage inequality ? - Some empirical evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3571, The World Bank.
- Branko Milanovic & Lyn Squire, 2005. "Does tariff liberalization increase wage inequality? Some empirical evidence," International Trade 0502012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Branko Milanovic & Lyn Squire, 2005. "Does Tariff Liberalization Increase Wage Inequality? Some Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristin Forbes, 2001. "Skill classification does matter: estimating the relationship between trade flows and wage inequality," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 175-209.
- Andersen, Torben M & Sorensen, Allan, 2005. "Product Market Integration, Wages and Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 4963, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jo Seldeslachts, 2002. "Interactions Between Product and Labour Market Reforms," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 519.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Chiara Bentivogli & Patrizio Pagano, 1999. "Trade, Job Destruction and Job Creation in European Manufacturing," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 165-184, May.
- Franz, Wolfgang, 1999.
"Real and monetary challenges to wage policy in Germany at the turn of the millennium: technical progress, globalization and European Monetary Union,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
99-48, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Wolfgang Franz, 1999. "Real and Monetary Challenges to Wage Policy in Germany at the Turn of the Millennium: Technical Progress, Globalization and European Monetary Union," CESifo Working Paper Series 200, CESifo Group Munich.
- Andersen, Torben M & Sorensen, Allan, 2003. "International Product Market Integration, Rents and Wage Formation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3995, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodolfo Helg & Riccardo Faini & Anna M. Falzoni & Marzio Galeotti & Alessandro Turrini, 2001.
"Importing Jobs And Exporting Firms? On The Wage And Employment Implications Of Italy’S Trade And Foreign Direct Investment Flows,"
0103001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Riccardo Faini & Anna M. Falzoni & Marzio Galeotti & Rodolfo Helg & Alessandro Turrini, 2001. "Importing Jobs And Exporting Firms? On The Wage And Employment Implications Of Italy’S Trade And Foreign Direct Investment Flows," International Trade 0103002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Filip Abraham & Ellen Brock, 2003. "Sectoral employment effects of trade and productivity in Europe," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 223-238.
- Milanovic, Branko, 2002.
"Can we discern the effect of globalization on income distribution? evidence from household budget surveys,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2876, The World Bank.
- Branko Milanovic, 2003. "CAN WE DISCERN THE EFFECT OF GLOBALIZATION ON INCOME DISTRIBUTION? Evidence from Household Budget Surveys," International Trade 0303004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Branko Milanovic, 2005.
"Can We Discern the Effect of Globalization on Income Distribution? Evidence from Household Surveys,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 21-44.
- Branko Milanovic, 2003. "Can We Discern The Effect Of Globalization On Income Distribution? Evidence From Household Surveys," HEW 0310002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petit, Sylvain, 2016.
"International trade in services and inequalities: Empirical evaluation and role of tourism services,"
75206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sylvain Petit, 2017. "International trade in services and inequalities: empirical evaluation and role of tourism services," Post-Print hal-01830362, HAL.
- Yong-Yil Choi, 1998. "Free Trade and Wage Inequality in an Advanced Economy," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 349-359, October.
- Davies, Ronald B., 2005.
"Fragmentation of headquarter services and FDI,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 61-79, March.
- Ronald B. Davies, 2003. "Fragmentation of Headquarter Services and FDI," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2003-25, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Sep 2003.
- Tahir Abdi, 2007. "Trade liberalization, technology, relative factor supplies and the relative wage: evidence from the South," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(19), pages 2451-2463.
- David Brauer, 1998. "The changing U.S. income distribution: facts, explanations, and unresolved issues," Research Paper 9811, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Manasse, Paolo & Turrini, Alessandro, 2001.
"Trade, wages, and 'superstars',"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 97-117, June.
- Paolo Manasse & Alessandro Turrini, "undated". "Trade, Wages and "Superstars"," Working Papers 140, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Manasse, Paolo & Turrini, Alessandro Antonio, 1999. "Trade, Wages, and Superstars," CEPR Discussion Papers 2262, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paolo Manasse & Alessandro Turrini, 1999. "Trade, Wages and ´Superstars’," Development Working Papers 127, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Mauricio Zunino, 2012. "Impactos de la reinstauración de los Consejos de Salarios sobre la distribución salarial en Uruguay," Económica, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, vol. 0, pages 129-167, January-D.
- Nijkamp, Peter & van Hemert, Patricia, 2007. "Going for Growth; a Theoretical and Policy Framework," Papers DYNREG14, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Torben M. Andersen & Allan Sørensen, 2008. "Product Market Integration and Heterogeneity—Rent Sharing and Pricing to Market," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 268-284, May.
- Chang, Hsaio-chuan, 1999. "Wage Differential, Trade, Productivity Growth and Education," Departmental Working Papers 2000-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsWages; Globalization; trade and wages; capital mobility; wage; skilled workers; import competition; international trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:97/43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.