Speculative Attacks, Forward Market Intervention and the Classic Bear Squeeze
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dodd, Randall, 2002. "Derivatives, the Shape of International Capital Flows and the Virtues of Prudential Regulation," WIDER Working Paper Series 093, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Young-Han Kim, 2003. "International policy coordination for financial market stability in the Asian economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(10), pages 1123-1132.
- Daniëls, Tijmen R. & Jager, Henk & Klaassen, Franc, 2011.
"Currency crises with the threat of an interest rate defence,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 14-24, September.
- Tijmen R. Daniels & Henk Jager & Franc Klaassen, 2008. "Defending against Speculative Attacks," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-090/2, Tinbergen Institute, revised 06 Apr 2009.
- Tijmen DaniÃ«ls & Henk Jager & Franc Klaassen, 2009. "Defending Against Speculative Attacks," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-011, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Herman Kamil, 2008. "Is Central Bank Intervention Effective Under Inflation Targeting Regimes? The Case of Colombia," IMF Working Papers 08/88, International Monetary Fund.
- Woosik Moon & Yeongseop Rhee, 2006. "Spot and foward market intervention during the 1997 Korean currency crisis," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(238), pages 243-268.
- Bacha, Obiyathulla I., 1997. "The Asian Currency Crisis - A Fait Accompli?," MPRA Paper 12756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pichit Phatrawimolporn & Teeraphol Rattanalungkarn, 2001. "Open Market Operation & Effectiveness of Monetary Policy," Working Papers 2001-01, Monetary Policy Group, Bank of Thailand.
- Kraay, Aart, 2003.
"Do high interest rates defend currencies during speculative attacks?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 297-321, March.
- Kraay, Aart, 2000. "Do high interest rates defend currencies during speculative attacks ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2267, The World Bank.
- Woosik Moon & Yeongseop Rhee, 2006. "Spot and foward market intervention during the 1997 Korean currency crisis," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(238), pages 243-268.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Subir Lall, 2000. "The double play: simultaneous speculative attacks on currency and equity markets," Working Paper Series WP-00-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jorge I Canales Kriljenko & Cem Karacadag & Roberto Pereira Guimarães, 2003. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market; Elements of Best Practice," IMF Working Papers 03/152, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:97/164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .