Credit and Exchange Rate-Based Stabilization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marilyn E. Skiles, 1991. "Stabilization and financial sector reform in Mexico," Research Paper 9125, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Vegh, Carlos A., 1995.
"Nominal interest rates, consumption booms, and lack of credibility: A quantitative examination,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 357-378, April.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Vegh, Carlos, 1995. "Nominal interest rates, consumption booms, and lack of credibility: A quantitative examination," MPRA Paper 13898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Allan Drazen & Elhanan Helpman, 1987. "Stabilization with Exchange Rate Management under Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 2268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Vegh, Carlos, 1994.
"Inflation stabilization in chronic inflation countries: The empirical evidence,"
13689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Vegh, Carlos, 1999. "Do Exchange Rate-Based Stabilizations Carry the Seeds of Their Own Destruction?," MPRA Paper 8952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Vegh, Carlos, 1994. "Intertemporal consumption substitution and inflation stabilization:An empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 13427, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1988. "Monetary Policy without Quantity Variables," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 440-445, May.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Razin, Assaf, 1987. "Exchange Rate Management: Intertemporal Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 107-123, March.
- Mathieson, Donald J., 1982. "Inflation, interest rates, and the balance of payments during a financial reform: The case of Argentina," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(9), pages 813-827, September.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1988. "Monetary Policy Without Quantity Variables," NBER Working Papers 2552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N Gregory, 1985. "Consumer Durables and the Real Interest Rate," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 353-362, August.
- Allan Drazen & Elhanan Helpman, 1987. "Stabilization with Exchange Rate Management," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(4), pages 835-855.
- Cochrane, John H, 1988. "How Big Is the Random Walk in GNP?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 893-920, October.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Fabrizio Coricelli, 1993.
"Output Collapse in Eastern Europe: The Role of Credit,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 32-52, March.
- Guillermo Calvo & Fabrizio Coricelli, 1992. "Output Collapse in Eastern Europe; The Role of Credit," IMF Working Papers 92/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Elhanan Helpman & Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka (ed.), 1988. "Economic Effects of the Government Budget," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026258090x, January.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H, 1988. "Money and Credit in the Monetary Transmission Process," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 446-451, May.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1982. "The Argentine stabilization plan of December 20th," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(9), pages 801-811, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 1997. "The Determinants of Banking Crises; Evidence From Developing and Developed Countries," IMF Working Papers 97/106, International Monetary Fund.
- C. A. E. Goodhart & Miguel A. Segoviano Basurto & Boris Hofmann, 2006. "Default, Credit Growth, and Asset Prices," IMF Working Papers 06/223, International Monetary Fund.
- Adam Koronowski, 2009. "Divergent business cycles as an effect of a monetary union," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 103-113, July.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1997. "The determinants of banking crises : evidence from industrial and developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1828, The World Bank.
- Isik, Ihsan & Hassan, M. Kabir, 2003. "Financial disruption and bank productivity: The 1994 experience of Turkish banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 291-320.
- Adam Koronowski, 2014. "Dual Currency System as a Solution to the Eurozone Crisis," Gospodarka Narodowa, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 2, pages 5-23.
More about this item
KeywordsChile; Inflation; Argentina; Mexico; Israel; inflation stabilization; inflation rate; annual inflation; monetary fund;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:96/51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .