Social and Political Factors in a Model of Endogenous Economic Growth and Distribution: An Application to the Philippines
This paper proposes a model of endogenous economic growth and distribution explicitly incorporating social extraction and political competition, with an application to the Philippine historical experience. The major objective is to explain developments in the distribution of national income and wealth and in the growth rate of per capita capacity output. When calibrated, the proposed model is found to be consistent with the broad contours of Philippine macroeconomic history.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 1969. "Dimensions of Postwar Philippine Economic Progress," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(1), pages 93-109.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 1971. "Capital Accumulation, Labor Saving, and Labor Absorption Once More," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(1), pages 40-65.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao & Ostry, Jonathan, 1996.
"Saving Behavior in Low- and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison,"
6978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masao Ogaki & Jonathan D. Ostry & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "Saving Behavior in Low- and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 38-71, March.
- Masao Ogaki & Jonathan David Ostry & Carmen Reinhart, 1995. "Saving Behavior in Low and Middle-Income Developing Countries: A Comparison," IMF Working Papers 95/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ogaki, Masao & Ostry, Jonathan, 1995. "Saving behavior in low- and middle-income developing countries," MPRA Paper 13757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Delano Villanueva, 1993.
"Openness, Human Development, and Fiscal Policies: Effectson Economic Growth and Speed of Adjustment,"
IMF Working Papers
93/59, International Monetary Fund.
- Delano Villanueva, 1994. "Openness, Human Development, and Fiscal Policies: Effects on Economic Growth and Speed of Adjustment," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(1), pages 1-29, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:96/139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.