Dollarization in Transition Economies; Evidence and Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sahay, Ratna & Vegh, Carlos, 1995. "Dollarization in transition economies: Evidence and policy implications," MPRA Paper 20490, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vegh, Carlos A., 1989. "The optimal inflation tax in the presence of currency substitution," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 139-146, July.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Reynoso, Alejandro, 1989. "Financial Factors in Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 204-209, May.
- Steven B. Kamin & Neil R. Ericsson, 1993. "Dollarization in Argentina," International Finance Discussion Papers 460, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mohamed El-Erian, 1988. "Currency Substitution in Egypt and the Yemen Arab Republic: A Comparative Quantitative Analysis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(1), pages 85-103, March.
- Alberto Giovannini & Bart Turtelboom, 1992. "Currency Substitution," NBER Working Papers 4232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander W. Hoffmaister & Carlos A. VÃ©gh, 1996.
"Disinflation and The Recession-Now-versus-Recession-Later Hypothesis: Evidence from Uruguay,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(2), pages 355-394, June.
- Carlos A. Végh Gramont & Willy W. Hoffmaister, 1995. "Disinflation and the Recession-Now-Versus-Recession-Later Hypothesis; Evidence From Uruguay," IMF Working Papers 95/99, International Monetary Fund.
- Dimitri G Demekas & Mohsin S. Khan, 1991. "The Romanian Economic Reform Program," IMF Working Papers 91/80, International Monetary Fund.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-625, June.
- John Kareken & Neil Wallace, 1981. "On the Indeterminacy of Equilibrium Exchange Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 96(2), pages 207-222.
- Bijan B. Aghevli & Eduardo Borensztein & Tessa Van der Willigen, 1992. "Stabilization and Structural Reform in the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic; First Stage," IMF Occasional Papers 92, International Monetary Fund.
- Johannes Mueller, 1994. "Dollarization in Lebanon," IMF Working Papers 94/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Carlos A. Rodríguez, 1993. "Macroeconomic Developments in Romania," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 90, Universidad del CEMA.
- Adam G. G. Bennett, 1993. "The Operation of the Estonian Currency Board," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(2), pages 451-470, June.
- Carlos A. Végh Gramont & Ratna Sahay, 1995. "Inflation and Stabilization in Transition Economies; A Comparison with Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 95/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Vegh, Carlos A, 1995. "Fighting Inflation with High Interest Rates: The Small Open Economy Case under Flexible Prices," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 49-66, February.
- Bufman, Gil & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993. "Currency Substitution under Nonexpected Utility: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 320-335, August.
- Thomas, Lee R, 1985. "Portfolio Theory and Currency Substitution," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(3), pages 347-357, August.
- Friedman, Benjamin M., 1990. "Targets and instruments of monetary policy," Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1185-1230 Elsevier.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Ferico Sturzenegger & Holger Wolf, 1990. "Extreme Inflation: Dynamics and Stabilization," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(2), pages 1-84.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Khan, Mohsin S., 1996.
"Foreign currency deposits and the demand for money in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 101-118, June.
- Mohsin S. Khan & Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1992. "Foreign Currency Deposits and the Demand for Money in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 92/1, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Macroeconomic Adjustment in a Highly Dollarized Economy; The Case of Cambodia," IMF Working Papers 02/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Isakova, Asel, 2010. "Currency substitution in the economies of Central Asia : how much does it cost?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 14/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Dean, James W., 2001. "Should Latin America's common law marriages to the US dollar be legalized? Should Canada's?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 291-300, April.
- Henrik Müller, 1999. "From dollarisation to euroisation," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 34(6), pages 286-296, November.
- Sarajevs, Vadims, 2000. "Money shocks in a small open economy with dollarization, factor price rigidities and nontradeables," BOFIT Discussion Papers 12/2000, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Paul Mizen, 1996. "The behavior of foreign currency holdings during currency crises: Causes and consequences," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 651-673, March.
- Broda, Christian & Yeyati, Eduardo Levy, 2006. "Endogenous Deposit Dollarization," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(4), pages 963-988, June.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:146-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Duffy & Maxim Nikitin, 2004.
Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings
196, Econometric Society.
- John Duffy & Maxim Nikitin, 2004. "Dollarization Traps," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 456, Econometric Society.
- Vetlov, Igor, 2001. "Dollarization in Lithuania : An econometric approach," BOFIT Discussion Papers 1/2001, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Samreth, Sovannroeun, 2011. "An empirical study on the hysteresis of currency substitution in Cambodia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 518-527.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder & Budina, Nina, 2001.
"Inflation Stabilization, Fiscal Deficits, and Public Debt Management in Poland,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 293-309, June.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen & Nina Budina, 1999. "Inflation Stabilization, Fiscal Deficits and Public Debt Management in Poland," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-022/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Harrison, Barry & Vymyatnina, Yulia, 2007. "Currency substitution in a de-dollarizing economy : the case of Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2007, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Asel Isakova, 2010. "Currency Substitution in the Economies of Central Asia: How Much Does it Cost?," Chapters,in: The Euro and Economic Stability, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Helene Poirson Ward, 2001. "How Do Countries Choose their Exchange Rate Regime?," IMF Working Papers 01/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Komárek Luboš & Melecký Martin, 2001. "Demand for Money in the Transition Economy : The Case of the Czech Republic 1993–2001," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 614, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Lora Rocha, 1999. "Ventajas de mantener la moneda nacional en Bolivia," Revista de Análisis del BCB, Banco Central de Bolivia, vol. 2(2), pages 41-86, December.
- Komárek Luboš & Melecký Martin, 2001. "Currency Substitution in the Transition Economy : A Case of the Czech Republic 1993-2001," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 613, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Luoana D. Santarossa, 2001. "Arrears as a Sign of Financial Repression in Transition Economies - The Case of Romania," CERT Discussion Papers 0104, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Fridman Alla & Verbetsky Aleksey, 2001. "Currency Substitution in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 01-05e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Velimir Šonje & Boris Vujčić, 1999. "Croatia In the Second Stage of Transition 1994–1999," Working Papers 1, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
More about this item
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:95/96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .