Macroeconomic Adjustment with Segmented Labor Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 1999. "Macroeconomic adjustment with segmented labor markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 277-296, April.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 1994. "Macroeconomic Adjustment with Segmented Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 4769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 1997.
"Technological change, relative wages, and unemployment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 187-205, February.
- Joshua Aizenman & Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1994. "Technological Change, Relative Wages, and Unemployment," IMF Working Papers 94/111, International Monetary Fund.
- Pisauro, Giuseppe, 1991. "The effect of taxes on labour in efficiency wage models," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 329-345, December.
- Lindbeck, A. & Snower, D.J., 1990. "Segmented Labour Markets and Unemployment," Papers 483, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Drazen, Allan, 1986. "Optimal Minimum Wage Legislation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 774-784, September.
- Dimitri G. Demekas, 1990.
"Labor Market Segmentation in a Two-Sector Model of an Open Economy,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(4), pages 849-864, December.
- Dimitri G Demekas, 1990. "Labor Market Segmentation in a Two-Sector Model of An Open Economy," IMF Working Papers 90/33, International Monetary Fund.
- Julio A. Santaella & Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1993. "Efficiency Wages and Labor Mobility in an Open Economy," IMF Working Papers 93/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmichael, H Lorne, 1990. "Efficiency Wage Models of Unemployment--One View," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(2), pages 269-295, April.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Santaella, Julio A., 1998. "Efficiency wages, disinflation and labor mobility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 267-291, February.
- Mazumdar, Dipak, 1983. "Segmented Labor Markets in LDCs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 254-259, May.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1988. "Terms of Trade, Tariffs, and Labor Market Adjustment in Developing Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(2), pages 165-185, May.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Horton, Susan & Kanbur, Ravi & Mazumdar, Dipak, 1991. "Labor markets in an era of adjustment : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 694, The World Bank.
- Aizenman, Joshua, 1989. "Country Risk, Incomplete Information and Taxes on International Borrowing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 147-161, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal policy; Wages; wage; unemployment; employment; minimum wage;
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:94/56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.