Monetary Policy in an Emerging European Economic and Monetary Union; Key Issues
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jacob A. Frenkel & Morris Goldstein, 1991. "Monetary Policy in an Emerging European Economic and Monetary Union: Key Issues," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(2), pages 356-373, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rachel Male, 2010. "Developing Country Business Cycles: Characterising the Cycle," Working Papers 663, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Mishra, Prachi & Montiel, Peter & Pedroni, Peter & Spilimbergo, Antonio, 2014.
"Monetary policy and bank lending rates in low-income countries: Heterogeneous panel estimates,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 117-131.
- Mishra, Prachi & Montiel, Peter J & Pedroni, Peter & Spilimbergo, Antonio, 2014. "Monetary Policy and Bank Lending Rates in Low-Income Countries: Heterogeneous Panel Estimates," CEPR Discussion Papers 10230, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 2011. "The Design and Effects of Monetary Policy in Sub-Saharan African Countries-super- †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 20(suppl_2), pages -35, May.
- Hauner, David, 2009. "Public debt and financial development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 171-183, January.
- Hamid R Davoodi & S. V. S. Dixit & Gabor Pinter, 2013. "Monetary Transmission Mechanism in the East African Community; An Empirical Investigation," IMF Working Papers 13/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Ralph De Haas & Neeltje Van Horen, 2013.
"Running for the Exit? International Bank Lending During a Financial Crisis,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(1), pages 244-285.
- Ralph de Haas & Neeltje van Horen, 2011. "Running for the Exit: International Banks and Crisis Transmission," DNB Working Papers 279, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Gabriel Jimenez & Steven Ongena & Jose-Luis Peydro & Jesus Saurina, 2012. "Credit Supply and Monetary Policy: Identifying the Bank Balance-Sheet Channel with Loan Applications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 2301-2326, August.
- Rachel Male, 2011. "Developing Country Business Cycles: Characterizing the Cycle," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 20-39, May.
- Federico Cingano & Francesco Manaresi & Enrico Sette, 2016.
"Does Credit Crunch Investment Down? New Evidence on the Real Effects of the Bank-Lending Channel,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 29(10), pages 2737-2773.
- Federico Cingano & Francesco Manaresi & Enrico Sette, 2013. "Does credit crunch investments down? New evidence on the real effects of the bank-lending channel," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 91, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Roland Hodler & Paul A. Raschky, 2014. "Regional Favoritism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(2), pages 995-1033.
- Martin Brown & Ralph De Haas, 2012.
"Foreign banks and foreign currency lending in emerging Europe,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 27(69), pages 57-98, January.
- Brown, Martin & de Haas, Ralph, 2012. "Foreign banks and foreign currency lending in emerging Europe," MPRA Paper 36323, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Uganda; Third Review Under the Policy Support Instrument, Request for Waiver of Nonobservance of an Assessment Criterion, and Request for Modification of Assessment Criteria: Staff Report; Press Relea," IMF Staff Country Reports 12/125, International Monetary Fund.
- Van den Heuvel Skander J., 2012. "Banking Conditions and the Effects of Monetary Policy: Evidence from U.S. States," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-31, March.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José‐Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2014.
"Hazardous Times for Monetary Policy: What Do Twenty‐Three Million Bank Loans Say About the Effects of Monetary Policy on Credit Risk‐Taking?,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82(2), pages 463-505, March.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2009. "Hazardous times for monetary policy: What do twenty-three million bank loans say about the effects of monetary policy on credit risk-taking?," Working Papers 0833, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Acharya, Viral V & Eisert, Tim & Eufinger, Christian & Hirsch, Christian, 2014. "Real Effects of the Sovereign Debt Crisis in Europe: Evidence from Syndicated Loans," CEPR Discussion Papers 10108, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2012.
"Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 994-1028, April.
- Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2009. "Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space," Working Papers 2009-8, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2009. "Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space," NBER Working Papers 15199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Margherita Bottero & Simone Lenzu & Filippo Mezzanotti, 2014.
"Sovereign Debt Exposure and the Bank Lending Channel: Impact on Credit Supply and the Real Economy,"
220976, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Margherita Bottero & Simone Lenzu & Filippo Mezzanotti, 2015. "Sovereign debt exposure and the bank lending channel: impact on credit supply and the real economy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1032, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Morais,Bernardo & Peydró,José-Luis & Ruiz Ortega,Claudia, 2015. "The international bank lending channel of monetary policy rates and quantitative easing : credit supply, reach-for-yield, and real effects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7216, The World Bank.
- Morais, Bernardo & Peydro, Jose Luis & Ruiz, Claudia, 2015.
"The International Bank Lending Channel of Monetary Policy Rates and QE: Credit Supply, Reach-for-Yield, and Real Effects,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
1137, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Morais Bernardo & Peydró José-Luis & Roldán-Peña Jessica & Ruiz Claudia, 2017. "The International Bank Lending Channel of Monetary Policy Rates and QE: Credit Supply, Reach-for-Yield, and Real Effects," Working Papers 2017-15, Banco de México.
- Donald P. Morgan, 1993. "Asymmetric effects of monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 21-33.
- Prachi Mishra & Peter J Montiel & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2012. "Monetary Transmission in Low-Income Countries: Effectiveness and Policy Implications," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 60(2), pages 270-302, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ullrich, Katrin, 2006. "Market discipline and the use of government bonds as collateral in the EMU," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-046, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Winschel, Viktor, 2001. "Public deficits and borrowing costs: the missing half of market discipline," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-16, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Nicolas Afflatet, 2017. "Deficit Policy within the Framework of the Stability and Growth Pact: An Empirical Analysis," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 76-86, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEurope; European Economic and Monetary Union; Fiscal policy; Monetary policy; Monetary unions; exchange rate; exchange rates; monetary union;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:90/73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.