Macroeconomic Effects of Japan’s Demographics: Can Structural Reforms Reverse Them?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hiau LooiKee & Alessandro Nicita & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2009.
"Estimating Trade Restrictiveness Indices,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(534), pages 172-199, January.
- Kee, Hiau Looi & Nicita, Alessandro & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2006. "Estimating Trade Restrictiveness Indices," CEPR Discussion Papers 5576, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kee, Hiau Looi & Nicita, Alessandro & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2006. "Estimating trade restrictiveness indices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3840, The World Bank.
- Andrea Bassanini & Luca Nunziata & Danielle Venn, 2009.
"Job protection legislation and productivity growth in OECD countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 24, pages 349-402, April.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Nunziata, Luca & Venn, Danielle, 2008. "Job Protection Legislation and Productivity Growth in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 3555, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan J. Dolado & Salvador Ortigueira & Rodolfo Stucchi, 2016.
"Does dual employment protection affect TFP? Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms,"
SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 421-459, November.
- Stucchi, Rodolfo & Ortigueira, Salvador & Dolado, Juan José, 2011. "Does dual employment protection affect TFP? Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1137, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Ortigueira, Salvador & Stucchi, Rodolfo, 2012. "Does dual employment protection affect TFP? Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 8763, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:pal:imfecr:v:66:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41308-017-0045-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chie Aoyagi & Giovanni Ganelli, 2017.
"Unstash the Cash! Corporate Governance Reform in Japan,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics,
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(7), pages 51-69, May.
- Chie Aoyagi & Giovanni Ganelli, 2014. "Unstash the Cash! Corporate Governance Reform in Japan," IMF Working Papers 14/140, International Monetary Fund.
- Balázs Égert & Peter Gal, 2017.
"The quantification of structural reforms in OECD countries: A new framework,"
OECD Journal: Economic Studies,
OECD Publishing, vol. 2016(1), pages 91-108.
- Balázs Égert & Peter Gal, 2017. "The quantification of structural reforms in OECD countries: A new framework," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1354, OECD Publishing.
- Balázs Egert & Peter Gal, 2017. "The quantification of structural reforms in OECD countries: A new framework," Post-Print hal-01705203, HAL.
- Balazs Egert & Peter Gal, 2017. "The Quantification of Structural Reforms in OECD Countries: A New Framework," CESifo Working Paper Series 6420, CESifo Group Munich.
- BalÃ¡zs Ã‰gert & Peter Gal, 2017. "The Quantification of Structural Reforms in OECD countries: A New Framework," EconomiX Working Papers 2017-15, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Waikei R Lam & Jongsoon Shin, 2012. "What Role Can Financial Policies Play in Revitalizing SMEs in Japan?," IMF Working Papers 12/291, International Monetary Fund.
- Paolo Mauro & Jan Zilinsky, 2016. "Reducing Government Debt Ratios in an Era of Low Growth," Policy Briefs PB16-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Ellen R. McGrattan & Kazuaki Miyachi & Adrian Peralta-Alva, 2018. "On Financing Retirement, Health, and Long-term Care in Japan," IMF Working Papers 18/249, International Monetary Fund.
- Takuji Fueki & Ichiro Fukunaga & Hibiki Ichiue & Toyoichiro Shirota, 2016.
"Measuring Potential Growth with an Estimated DSGE Model of Japan’s Economy,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 12(1), pages 1-32, March.
- Takuji Fueki & Ichiro Fukunaga & Hibiki Ichiue & Toyoichiro Shirota, 2010. "Measuring Potential Growth with an Estimated DSGE Model of Japan's Economy," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 10-E-13, Bank of Japan.
- Elif C Arbatli & Dennis P Botman & Kevin Clinton & Pietro Cova & Vitor Gaspar & Zoltan Jakab & Douglas Laxton & Constant A Lonkeng Ngouana & Joannes Mongardini & Hou Wang, 2016. "Reflating Japan; Time to Get Unconventional?," IMF Working Papers 16/157, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:bla:asiapr:v:13:y:2018:i:1:p:23-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michal Andrle & Alvar Kangur & Mehdi Raissi, 2018. "Italy: Quantifying the Benefits of a Comprehensive Reform Package," IMF Working Papers 18/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Benjamin Carton & Emilio Fernández Corugedo & Benjamin L Hunt, 2017. "No Business Taxation Without Model Representation; Adding Corporate Income and Cash Flow Taxes to GIMF," IMF Working Papers 17/259, International Monetary Fund.
- Demertzis Maria & Marcellino Massimiliano & Viegi Nicola, 2012. "A Credibility Proxy: Tracking US Monetary Developments," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-36, June.
- Hara, Hiromi, 2014. "The impact of firm-provided training on productivity, wages, and transition to regular employment for workers in flexible arrangements," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 336-359.
- Günter Coenen & Christopher J. Erceg & Charles Freedman & Davide Furceri & Michael Kumhof & René Lalonde & Douglas Laxton & Jesper Lindé & Annabelle Mourougane & Dirk Muir & Susanna Mursula & Carlos d, 2012.
"Effects of Fiscal Stimulus in Structural Models,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 22-68, January.
- Michael Kumhof & Dirk V Muir & Carlos de Resende & Jan in ‘t Veld & René Lalonde & Davide Furceri & Annabelle Mourougane & John Roberts & Stephen Snudden & Mathias Trabandt & Günter Coenen & Susanna M, 2010. "Effects of Fiscal Stimulus in Structural Models," IMF Working Papers 10/73, International Monetary Fund.
- Kyoji Fukao & Ryo Kambayashi & Daiji Kawaguchi & Hyeog Ug Kwon & Young Gak Kim & Izumi Yokoyama, 2006. "Deferred Compensation: Evidence from Employer-Employee Matched Data from Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d06-187, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Inflation Targeting Under Imperfect Policy Credibility," IMF Working Papers 09/94, International Monetary Fund.
- Lusine Lusinyan & Dirk V Muir, 2013. "Assessing the Macroeconomic Impact of Structural Reforms The Case of Italy," IMF Working Papers 13/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Galen Sher, 2014. "Cashing in for Growth; Corporate Cash Holdings as an Opportunity for Investment in Japan," IMF Working Papers 14/221, International Monetary Fund.
- Sugo, Tomohiro & Ueda, Kozo, 2008. "Estimating a dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model for Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 476-502, December.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal reforms; Demographic indicators; Labor market reforms; Product markets; Corporate sector; International trade; Public debt; Gross domestic product; Structural reforms; demographics; OLG models; Forecasting and Simulation; General; General; Contracts: Specific Human Capital; Matching Models; Efficiency Wage Models; and Internal Labor Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2018-12-24 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2018-12-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2018-12-24 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DGE-2018-12-24 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2018-12-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2018-12-24 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:18/248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.