Financial De-Dollarization; A Global Perspective and the Peruvian Experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 1999.
"Inversión de las corrientes de capital, tipo de cambio y dolarización
[Capital Flow Reversals, the Exchange Rate Debate, and Dollarization]," MPRA Paper 13692, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2001. "Reflections on Dollarization," MPRA Paper 8206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 1999. "Capital Flow Reversals,the Exchange Rate Debate,and Dollarization," MPRA Paper 8951, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Winkelried, Diego & Castillo, Paul, 2010.
"Dollarization persistence and individual heterogeneity,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1596-1618, December.
- Paul Castillo & Diego Winkelried, 2005. "Dollarization Persistence and Individual Heterogeneity," Macroeconomics 0512014, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Dec 2005.
- Paul Castillo & Diego Winkelried, 2007. "Dollarization Persistence and Individual Heterogeneity," Working Papers 2007-004, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2006.
"The Relationship Between Exchange Rates and Inflation Targeting Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
12163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2006. "The Relationship Between Exchange Rates and Inflation Targeting Revisited," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 409, Central Bank of Chile.
- Miguel A Savastano, 1996. "Dollarization in Latin America; Recent Evidence and Some Policy Issues," IMF Working Papers 96/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Choy, Marylin & Chang, Giancarlo, 2014. "Medidas macroprudenciales aplicadas en el Perú," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 27, pages 25-50.
- Renzo Rossini & Zenon Quispe & Jorge Loyola, 2012.
"Fiscal policy considerations in the design of monetary policy in Peru,"
BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Fiscal policy, public debt and monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 67, pages 253-267,
Bank for International Settlements.
- Rossini, Renzo & Quispe, Zenón & Loyola, Jorge, 2012. "Fiscal policy considerations in the design of monetary policy in Peru," Working Papers 2012-022, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Renzo Rossini & Zenon Quispe & Donita Rodriguez, 2011.
"Capital flows, monetary policy and forex intervention in Peru,"
BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Capital flows, commodity price movements and foreign exchange intervention, volume 57, pages 261-274,
Bank for International Settlements.
- Rossini, Renzo & Quispe, Zenon & Rodriguez, Donita, 2011. "Capital Flows, Monetary Policy and FOREX Interventions in Peru," Working Papers 2011-008, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Aaron Tornell & Frank Westermann (ed.), 2005. "Boom-Bust Cycles and Financial Liberalization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 9780262201599, August.
- Rappoport, Veronica, 2009. "Persistence of dollarization after price stabilization," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 979-989, October.
- Shu Lin & Haichun Ye, 2013. "Does Inflation Targeting Help Reduce Financial Dollarization?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(7), pages 1253-1274, October.
- Nicolo, Gianni De & Honohan, Patrick & Ize, Alain, 2005. "Dollarization of bank deposits: Causes and consequences," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1697-1727, July.
- Mercedes Garcia-Escribano & Sebastian Sosa, 2011. "What is Driving Financial De-Dollarization in Latin America?," IMF Working Papers 11/10, International Monetary Fund.
- Marco Terrones & Luis Catão, 2000. "Determinants of Dollarization; The Banking Side," IMF Working Papers 00/146, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Contreras, Alex & Quispe,Zenón & Regalado, Fernando & Martínez, Martín, 2017. "Dolarización real en el Perú," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 33, pages 43-55.
- Fischer, Andreas M & Yesin, Pinar, 2019.
"Foreign currency loan conversions and currency mismatches,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
13923, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andreas M. Fischer & Pinar Yesin, 2019. "Foreign currency loan conversions and currency mismatches," Working Papers 2019-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Eiji Ogawa & Makoto Muto, 2019. "What Determines Utility of International Currencies?," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Renzo Castellares & Hiroshi Toma, 2019.
"Effects of a mandatory local currency pricing law on the exchange rate pass-through,"
BIS Working Papers
785, Bank for International Settlements.
- Castellares, Renzo & Toma, Hiroshi, 2019. "Effects of a Mandatory Local Currency Pricing Law on the Exchange Rate Pass-Through," Working Papers 2019-001, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Marko Skreb & Kostiantyn Khvedchuk, 2016. "Cashless Society and De-dollarization in Ukraine. What is Missing from Present Discussions?," Visnyk of the National Bank of Ukraine, National Bank of Ukraine, issue 238, pages 6-12.
- Mansour-Ichrakieh, Layal & Zeaiter, Hussein, 2019. "The role of geopolitical risks on the Turkish economy opportunity or threat," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C).
- Mansour Ishrakieh, Layal & Dagher, Leila & El Hariri, Sadika, 2020. "Not the usual suspects: Critical indicators in a dollarized country's Financial Stress Index," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(C).
More about this item
KeywordsDollarization; Peru; Financial sector; Currency substitution; Emerging markets; Macroprudential Policy; Regression analysis; Dollarization; Currrency Substitution; Monetary Policy; Emerging Markets.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:16/97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.