VAR meets DSGE; Uncovering the Monetary Transmission Mechanism in Low-Income Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, Prachi & Montiel, Peter & Pedroni, Peter & Spilimbergo, Antonio, 2014.
"Monetary policy and bank lending rates in low-income countries: Heterogeneous panel estimates,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 117-131.
- Mishra, Prachi & Montiel, Peter J & Pedroni, Peter & Spilimbergo, Antonio, 2014. "Monetary Policy and Bank Lending Rates in Low-Income Countries: Heterogeneous Panel Estimates," CEPR Discussion Papers 10230, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michal Andrle & Andrew Berg & R. Armando Morales & Rafael Portillo & Jan Vlcek, 2015. "On the Sources of Inflation in Kenya: A Model-Based Approach," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(4), pages 475-505, December.
- Kim, Soyoung & Roubini, Nouriel, 2000. "Exchange rate anomalies in the industrial countries: A solution with a structural VAR approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 561-586, June.
- Waggoner, Daniel F. & Zha, Tao, 2003. "A Gibbs sampler for structural vector autoregressions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 349-366, November.
- Shanaka J Peiris & Magnus Saxegaard, 2007. "An Estimated DSGE Model for Monetary Policy Analysis in Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/282, International Monetary Fund.
- Nelson, Edward, 2002.
"Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 687-708, May.
- Edward Nelson, 2000. "Direct effects of base money on aggregate demand: theory and evidence," Bank of England working papers 122, Bank of England.
- Nelson, Edward, 2001. "Direct Effects of Base Money on Aggregate Demand: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2666, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alfredo Baldini & Jaromir Benes & Andrew Berg & Mai C. Dao & Rafael A. Portillo, 2015.
"Monetary Policy in Low Income Countries in the Face of The Global Crisis: A Structural Analysis,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 149-192, February.
- Jaromir Benes & Andrew Berg & Rafael A Portillo & Mai Dao & Alfredo Baldini, 2012. "Monetary Policy in Low Income Countries in the Face of the Global Crisis; The Case of Zambia," IMF Working Papers 12/94, International Monetary Fund.
- Michal Andrle & Andrew Berg & Enrico G Berkes & Rafael A Portillo & Jan Vlcek & R. Armando Morales, 2013. "Money Targeting in a Modern Forecasting and Policy Analysis System; an Application to Kenya," IMF Working Papers 13/239, International Monetary Fund.
- Levin, Andrew T., 2014. "The design and communication of systematic monetary policy strategies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 52-69.
- Jaromír Beneš & Jaromír Hurník & David Vávra, 2008. "Exchange Rate Management and Inflation Targeting: Modeling the Exchange Rate in Reduced-Form New Keynesian Models," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 58(03-04), pages 166-194, May.
- Prachi Mishra & Peter J Montiel & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2012. "Monetary Transmission in Low-Income Countries: Effectiveness and Policy Implications," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 60(2), pages 270-302, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eip:journl:y:2018:i:4:p:129-150 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary transmission mechanism; Low-income developing countries; Variables (Mathematics); Vector autoregression; General equilibrium models; Monetary Transmission Mechanism; Monetary Policy; Low Income Countries; Vector Autoregression Methods; Monte Carlo Methods;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:16/90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.