Optimal Debt Policy Under Asymmetric Risk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elva Bova & Marta Ruiz-Arranz & Frederik G Toscani & H. Elif Ture, 2016. "The Fiscal Costs of Contingent Liabilities; A New Dataset," IMF Working Papers 16/14, International Monetary Fund.
- Barro, Robert J., 1987.
"Government spending, interest rates, prices, and budget deficits in the United Kingdom, 1701-1918,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 221-247, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 1986. "Government Spending, Interest Rates, Prices, and Budget Deficits in the United Kingdom, 1701-1918," NBER Working Papers 2005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- António Afonso & Vítor Gaspar, 2007. "Dupuit, Pigou and cost of inefficiency in public services provision," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 485-502, September.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2005.
"Tests for Skewness, Kurtosis, and Normality for Time Series Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 49-60, January.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2001. "Tests for Skewness, Kurtosis, and Normality for Time Series Data," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 501, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 2012. "Nobel Lecture: United States Then, Europe Now," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(1), pages 1-40.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Ghosh, Atish R, 1995. "Intertemporal Tax-Smoothing and the Government Budget Surplus: Canada and the United States," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1033-1045, November.
- Eli M Remolona & Michela Scatigna & Eliza Wu, 2007. "Interpreting sovereign spreads," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Kay, J. A., 1980. "The deadweight loss from a tax system," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 111-119, February.
- Francesco Lisi, 2007. "Testing asymmetry in financial time series," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 687-696.
- A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), 1985. "Handbook of Public Economics," Handbook of Public Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 1, number 1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:apacel:v:33:y:2019:i:1:p:33-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luc Eyraud & Xavier Debrun & Andrew Hodge & Victor Duarte Lledo & Catherine A Pattillo, 2018. "Second-Generation Fiscal Rules; Balancing Simplicity, Flexibility, and Enforceability," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 18/04, International Monetary Fund.
- Ernesto Crivelli & Sanjeev Gupta & Carlos Mulas-Granados & Carolina Correa-Caro, 2016. "Fragmented Politics and Public Debt," IMF Working Papers 16/190, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:94:y:2017:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Serhan Cevik, 2019.
"Anchor me: the benefits and challenges of fiscal responsibility,"
Asian-Pacific Economic Literature,
Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 33(1), pages 33-47, May.
- Serhan Cevik, 2019. "Anchor Me: The Benefits and Challenges of Fiscal Responsibility," IMF Working Papers 19/70, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:pal:imfecr:v:66:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1057_s41308-018-0054-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:col:000107:017284 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bdr:ensayo:y:2019:i:90:p:1-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Serhan Cevik, 2019. "Back to the Future: Fiscal Rules for Regaining Sustainability," IMF Working Papers 19/242, International Monetary Fund.
- Laura Jaramillo & Carlos Mulas-Granados & Elijah Kimani, 2016. "The Blind Side of Public Debt Spikes," IMF Working Papers 16/202, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt strategy; Fiscal risk; Public debt; Debt service ratios; Debt reduction; Government Debt; Optimal Debt Policies; Fiscal Risks; Fiscal Shocks.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PBE-2016-09-11 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:16/178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.