The Lender of Last Resort Function after the Global Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles W. Calomiris & Urooj Khan, 2015. "An Assessment of TARP Assistance to Financial Institutions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 53-80, Spring.
- Grahame Johnson & Eric Santor, 2013. "Central Bank Liquidity Provision and Core Funding Markets," RBA Annual Conference Volume (Discontinued), in: Alexandra Heath & Matthew Lilley & Mark Manning (ed.), Liquidity and Funding Markets, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- David Woo, 2000. "Two Approaches to Resolving Nonperforming Assets During Financial Crises," IMF Working Papers 00/33, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2015.
"Financial and Sovereign Debt Crises: Some Lessons Learned and Those Forgotten,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics,
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 2(4), pages 5-17, June.
- Carmen Reinhart & Kenneth Rogoff, 2013. "Financial and Sovereign Debt Crises; Some Lessons Learned and Those Forgotten," IMF Working Papers 13/266, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2013. "Financial and Sovereign Debt Crises: Some Lessons Learned and Those Forgotten," CEPR Discussion Papers 9750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aleš Bulír & Martin Cíhak & David-Jan Jansen, 2014.
"Does the clarity of inflation reports affect volatility in financial markets?,"
DNB Working Papers
439, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Ales Bulir & Martin Cihak & David-Jan Jansen, 2014. "Does the Clarity of Inflation Reports Affect Volatility in Financial Markets?," IMF Working Papers 14/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Thomas M. Humphrey, 1989. "Lender of last resort: the concept in history," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue mar, pages 8-16.
- Charles Goodhart, 1999. "Myths About the Lender of Last Resort," FMG Special Papers sp120, Financial Markets Group.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2012. "Systemic Banking Crises Database; An Update," IMF Working Papers 12/163, International Monetary Fund.
- Froukelien Wendt, 2015. "Central Counterparties; Addressing their Too Important to Fail Nature," IMF Working Papers 15/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Glenn Hoggarth & Jack Reidhill & Peter Sinclair, 2004. "On the resolution of banking crises: theory and evidence," Bank of England working papers 229, Bank of England.
- David LAIDLER, 2003.
"Two Views Of The Lender Of Last Resort: Thornton And Bagehot,"
Cahiers d’économie politique / Papers in Political Economy,
L'Harmattan, issue 45, pages 61-78.
- David Laidler, 2002. "Two Views of the Lender of Last Resort: Thornton and Bagehot," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20029, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Brian Begalle & Antoine Martin & James McAndrews & Susan McLaughlin, 2016.
"The Risk Of Fire Sales In The Tri-Party Repo Market,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 513-530, July.
- Brian Begalle & Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews & Susan McLaughlin, 2013. "The risk of fire sales in the tri-party repo market," Staff Reports 616, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Stéphane Lavoie & Alex Sebastian & Virginie Traclet, 2011. "Lessons from the Use of Extraordinary Central Bank Liquidity Facilities," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2011(Spring), pages 27-36.
- Dong He, 2000. "Emergency Liquidity Support Facilities," IMF Working Papers 00/79, International Monetary Fund.
- E. Gerald Corrigan, 2000. "Are banks special? a revisitation," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue mar, pages 14-17.
- Bindseil, Ulrich, 2014. "Monetary Policy Operations and the Financial System," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198716907.
- Aliona Cebotari, 2008. "Contingent Liabilities; Issues and Practice," IMF Working Papers 08/245, International Monetary Fund.
- Thomas M. Humphrey, 1975. "The classical concept of the lender of last resort," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue jan, pages 2-9.
- Xavier Freixas & Curzio Giannini & Glenn Hoggarth & Farouk Soussa, 2000. "Lender of Last Resort: What Have We Learned Since Bagehot?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 18(1), pages 63-84, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donato Masciandaro & Davide Romelli, 2017. "Twin Peaks And Central Banks: Economics, Political Economy And Comparative Analysis," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1768, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Joost Bats & Jan Willem van den End & John Thoolen, 2018. "Revisiting the central bank's lender of last resort function," DNB Occasional Studies 1604, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsLender of last resort; Central banks and their policies; collateral; risk control measures; market; lender; liquidity; central bank; Government Policy and Regulation; All Countries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2016-03-10 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2016-03-10 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2016-03-10 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2016-03-10 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2016-03-10 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:16/10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.