What Can Boost Female Labor Force Participation in Asia?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 279-288, Part II, .
- Zvi Eckstein & Osnat Lifshitz, 2011.
"Dynamic Female Labor Supply,"
Econometric Society, vol. 79(6), pages 1675-1726, November.
- Eckstein, Zvi & Lifshitz, Osnat, 2009. "Dynamic Female Labor Supply," IZA Discussion Papers 4550, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zvi Eckstein, 2010. "Dynamic Female Labor Supply," 2010 Meeting Papers 223, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Eckstein, Zvi & Lifshitz, Osnat, 2009. "Dynamic Female Labor Supply," CEPR Discussion Papers 7548, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James J. Heckman, 2008.
"Schools, Skills, And Synapses,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(3), pages 289-324, July.
- Heckman, James J., 2008. "Schools, Skills, and Synapses," IZA Discussion Papers 3515, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James J. Heckman, 2008. "Schools, Skills, and Synapses," NBER Working Papers 14064, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman, 2008. "Schools, Skills, and Synapses," Working Papers 200833, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- YAMAMOTO Isamu, 2014. "Female Employment and Firm Performance: An empirical analysis using firm panel data (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 14016, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- David C. Ribar, 1992.
"Child Care and the Labor Supply of Married Women: Reduced Form Evidence,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, pages 134-165.
- Ribar, D.C., 1990. "Child Care And The Labor Supply Of Married Women: Reducted Form Evidence," Papers 9-90-9, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Fang Guo, 2013. "What Causes China's High Inflation? A Threshold Structural Vector Autoregression Analysis," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 21(6), pages 100-120, November.
- Ghazala Naz, 2004. "The impact of cash-benefit reform on parents’ labour force participation," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 369-383, June.
- Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell, 2010. "Female labor force participation and total fertility rates in the OECD: New evidence from panel cointegration and Granger causality testing," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 48-64, January.
- Andres Vikat, 2004. "Women’s labor force attachment and childbearing in Finland," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2004-001, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Bernanke, Ben S., 1986.
"Alternative explanations of the money-income correlation,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, pages 49-99.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1986. "Alternative Explanations of the Money-Income Correlation," NBER Working Papers 1842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siv Gustafsson & Frank Stafford, 1992. "Child Care Subsidies and Labor Supply in Sweden," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 204-230.
- Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Smith, Nina & Verner, Mette, 2006. "Child Care and Parental Leave in the Nordic Countries: A Model to Aspire to?," IZA Discussion Papers 2014, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- FFF1Andres NNN1Vikat, 2004. "Women’s Labor Force Attachment and Childbearing in Finland," Demographic Research Special Collections, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 3(8), pages 177-212, April.
- Sauré, Philip & Zoabi, Hosny, 2014. "International trade, the gender wage gap and female labor force participation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 17-33.
- È˜erban Georgescu, 2012. "Japan," Conjunctura economiei mondiale / World Economic Studies, Institute for World Economy, Romanian Academy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:japwor:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:45-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akihito Asano & Rod Tyers, 2016. "Japan's oligopolies: potential gains from third arrow reforms," CAMA Working Papers 2016-03, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Nishitateno, Shuhei & Shikata, Masato, 2017.
"Has improved daycare accessibility increased Japan's maternal employment rate? Municipal evidence from 2000–2010,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, pages 67-77.
- Shuhei Nishitateno & Masato Shikata, 2017. "Has improved daycare accessibility increased Japan's maternal employment rate? Municipal evidence from 2000-2010," Departmental Working Papers 2017-05, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Akihito Asano & Rod Tyers, 2015. "Third Arrow Reforms and Japan’s Economic Performance," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 15-17, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrimination; Japan; Korea; Republic of; female labor force participation; fertility; labor market duality; employment; labor; labor force; female labor; regular employment; Labor Economics Policies; Economics of Gender; Labor Force and Employment; Size; and Structure;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SEA-2015-04-19 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:15/56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .