Revisiting the Concept of Dollarization; The Global Financial Crisis and Dollarization in Low-Income Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-625, June.
- Basso, Henrique S. & Calvo-Gonzalez, Oscar & Jurgilas, Marius, 2011. "Financial dollarization: The role of foreign-owned banks and interest rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 794-806, April.
- Honig, Adam, 2009. "Dollarization, exchange rate regimes and government quality," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 198-214, March.
- Antonio Doblas-Madrid, 2009. "Fiscal Trends and Self-Fulfilling Crises," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 187-204, February.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2009. "Globalized banks: lending to emerging markets in the crisis," Staff Reports 377, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:rbp:esteco:ree-33-03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sami Ben Naceur & Amr Hosny & Gregory Hadjian, 2015. "How to De-Dollarize Financial Systems in the Caucasus and Central Asia?," IMF Working Papers 15/203, International Monetary Fund.
- Alex Contreras & Zenón Quispe & Fernando Regalado, 2017. "Real dollarization and monetary policy in Peru," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Statistical implications of the new financial landscape, volume 43 Bank for International Settlements.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Angola; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/302, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsDollarization; Econometric models; Exchange rate appreciation; Financial crises; Financial crisis; Low-income developing countries; Global Financial Crisis 2008-2009; Sovereign risk; deposit dollarization; GMM; impulse response; flight to quality; currency; deposit; exchange rate; deposits; foreign currency; Models with Panel Data; General; Portfolio Choice; flight to quality.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:15/12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.