SMEs’ Access to Finance in the Euro Area; What Helps or Hampers?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ciccarelli, Matteo & Maddaloni, Angela & Peydró, José-Luis, 2013. "Heterogeneous transmission mechanism: monetary policy and financial fragility in the euro area," Working Paper Series 1527, European Central Bank.
- Ayadi, Rym & Gadi, Salim, 2013. "Access by MSMEs to Finance in the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean: What role for credit guarantee schemes?," CEPS Papers 8061, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Matteo Ciccarelli & Angela Maddaloni & José-Luis Peydró, 2013. "Heterogeneous transmission mechanism: monetary policy and financial fragility in the eurozone," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 28(75), pages 459-512, July.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Sarah Holton & Martina Lawless & Fergal McCann, 2013. "SME Financing Conditions in Europe: Credit Crunch or Fundamentals?," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 225(1), pages 52-67, August.
- Gabriel Jimenez & Steven Ongena & Jose-Luis Peydro & Jesus Saurina, 2012. "Credit Supply and Monetary Policy: Identifying the Bank Balance-Sheet Channel with Loan Applications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 2301-2326, August.
- Jeremy C. Stein & Anil K. Kashyap, 2000. "What Do a Million Observations on Banks Say about the Transmission of Monetary Policy?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 407-428, June.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Annalisa Ferrando & Klaas Mulier, 2015.
"Firms’ Financing Constraints: Do Perceptions Match the Actual Situation?,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 46(1), pages 87-117.
- A. Ferrando & K. Mulier, 2013. "Firms’ financing constraints: Do perceptions match the actual situation?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/844, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Ferrando, Annalisa & Mulier, Klaas, 2013. "Firms’ financing constraints: do perceptions match the actual situation?," Working Paper Series 1577, European Central Bank.
- Tümer Kapan & Camelia Minoiu, 2013.
"Balance Sheet Strength and Bank Lending During the Global Financial Crisis,"
IMF Working Papers
13/102, International Monetary Fund.
- Kapan, Tümer & Minoiu, Camelia, 2013. "Balance sheet strength and bank lending during the global financial crisis," Discussion Papers 33/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Kishan, Ruby P & Opiela, Timothy P, 2000. "Bank Size, Bank Capital, and the Bank Lending Channel," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 121-141, February.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2013. "Banking system soundness is the key to more SME financing," Policy Contributions 785, Bruegel.
- Ali J Al-Eyd & Pelin Berkmen, 2013. "Fragmentation and Monetary Policy in the Euro Area," IMF Working Papers 13/208, International Monetary Fund.
- Holton, Sarah & Lawless, Martina & McCann, Fergal, 2012. "Firm Credit in Europe: A Tale of Three Crises," Research Technical Papers 04/RT/12, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & McNutt, Jamie John & Strahan, Philip E. & Tehranian, Hassan, 2011. "Liquidity risk management and credit supply in the financial crisis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 297-312, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristina Fernández & Roberta García & Paloma Lopez-Garcia & Benedicta Marzinotto & Roberta Serafini & Juuso Vanhala & Ladislav Wintr, 2017.
"Firm growth in Europe: An overview based on the COMPNET labour module,"
BCL working papers
107, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Fernandez, Cristina & García, Roberto & Lopez-Garcia, Paloma & Marzinotto, Benedicta & Serafini, Roberta & Vanhala, Juuso & Wintr, Ladislav, 2017. "Firm growth in Europe: an overview based on the CompNet labour module," Working Paper Series 2048, European Central Bank.
- Jörg Bibow, 2015. "The euro's savior? Assessing the ECB's crisis management performance and potential for crisis resolution," IMK Studies 42-2015, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Lawless, Martina & O’Connell, Brian & O’Toole, Conor, 2015.
"SME recovery following a financial crisis: Does debt overhang matter?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 45-59.
- Lawless, Martina & O'Connell, Brian & O'Toole, Conor, 2014. "SME Recovery Following a Financial Crisis: Does Debt Overhang Matter?," Papers WP491, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Jorg Bibow, 2015. "The Euro's Savior? Assessing the ECB's Crisis Management Performance and Potential for Crisis Resolution," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_845, Levy Economics Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking sector; Borrowing; Access to capital markets; Credit; Euro Area; Financial crises; Private sector; Monetary policy; Monetary transmission mechanism; access to finance; micro; small and medium sized enterprises; firm size; bank funding; banking; access to bank; Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2014-07-13 (European Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2014-07-13 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-MAC-2014-07-13 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2014-07-13 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-SBM-2014-07-13 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:14/78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.