Fiscal Vulnerabilities and Risks from Local Government Finance in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Easterly William R., 2001. "Growth Implosions and Debt Explosions: Do Growth Slowdowns Cause Public Debt Crises?," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-26, February.
- Easterly, william, 2001. "Growth implosions, debt explosions, and my Aunt Marilyn : do growth slowdowns cause public debt crises?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2531, The World Bank.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Yin and the Yang of Shadow Banking in China
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-09-08 17:38:23
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oleg Deev & Martin Hodula, 2016.
"Sovereign default risk and state-owned bank fragility in emerging markets: evidence from China and Russia,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 232-248, April.
- Deev, Oleg & Hodula, Martin, 2014. "Sovereign Default Risk and State-Owned Bank Fragility in Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 62539, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Zhuo & He, Zhiguo & Liu, Chun, 2018. "The Financing of Local Government in the People’s Republic of China: Stimulus Loan Wanes and Shadow Banking Waxes," ADBI Working Papers 800, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Serhan Cevik & Carolina Correa-Caro, 2015. "Growing (Un)equal; Fiscal Policy and Income Inequality in China and BRIC+," IMF Working Papers 15/68, International Monetary Fund.
- Wei Xiong, 2018. "The Mandarin Model of Growth," NBER Working Papers 25296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guonan Ma & Jinzhao Chen, 2019.
"The Role of Internally Financed Capex in Rising Chinese Corporate Debts,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 61(3), pages 413-442, September.
- Guonan Ma & Jinzhao Chen, 2019. "The role of internally financed capex in rising Chinese corporate debts," GRU Working Paper Series GRU_2019_003, City University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics and Finance, Global Research Unit.
- Guo, Shen & Liu, Lezheng & Zhao, Yan, 2015. "The business cycle implications of land financing in China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 225-237.
- Chen, Y. & He, M. & Rudkin, S., 2017. "Understanding Chinese provincial real estate investment: A Global VAR perspective," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 248-260.
- Mo, Jiawei, 2018. "Land financing and economic growth: Evidence from Chinese counties," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 218-239.
- Shalendra D. Sharma, 2014. "Shadow Banking, Chinese Style," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 340-352, October.
- Huang, Yi & Pagano, Marco & Panizza, Ugo, 2016.
"Public Debt and Private Firm Funding: Evidence from Chinese Cities,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11489, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yi Huang & Marco Pagano & Ugo Panizza, 2016. "Public Debt and Private Firm Funding: Evidence from Chinese Cities," IHEID Working Papers 10-2016, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Aug 2016.
- Yi Huang & Marco Pagano & Ugo Panizza, 2016. "Public Debt and Private Firm Funding. Evidence from Chinese Cities," EIEF Working Papers Series 1611, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Aug 2016.
- Rod Tyers & Ying Zhang, 2014. "Short Run Effects of The Economic Reform Agenda," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 14-16, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Yi Huang & Marco Pagano & Ug Panizza, 2016.
"Local Crowding Out in China,"
CSEF Working Papers
450, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 05 Feb 2019.
- Huang, Yi & Pagano, Marco & Panizza, Ugo, 2019. "Local crowding out in China," CFS Working Paper Series 632, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Yi Huang & Marco Pagano & Ugo Panizza, 2017. "Local Crowding Out in China," EIEF Working Papers Series 1707, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Feb 2019.
- Xiang Xu & Alice Siqi Han, 2018. "Will China Collapse: A Review, Assessment And Outlook," Economics Working Papers 18104, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Vipin Arora & Rod Tyers & Ying Zhang, 2014.
"Reconstructing the Savings Glut: The Global Implications of Asian Excess Saving,"
CAMA Working Papers
2014-20, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Vipin Arora & Rod Tyers & Ying Zhang, 2014. "Reconstructing the Savings Glut: The Global Implications of Asian Excess Saving," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 14-24, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Zhuo Chen & Zhiguo He & Chun Liu, 2017. "The Financing of Local Government in China: Stimulus Loan Wanes and Shadow Banking Waxes," NBER Working Papers 23598, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yi Qu & Ting Qu & Yaoan Wu, 2017. "The role of regional formal institutions and foreign direct investment in innovation in Chinese enterprises," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 27-43, January.
More about this item
KeywordsExternal borrowing; External financing; Debt sustainability; China; Budget deficits; Government expenditures; Fiscal policy; Fiscal risk; Infrastructure; Public debt; Fiscal Vulnerabilities; Fiscal Risks; Local Government Finance; Land Finance; Gross Financing Needs; fiscal deficit; fiscal debt; fiscal data; fiscal activity; General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:14/4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.