Do IMF-Supported Programs Catalyze Donor Assistance to Low-Income Countries?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alesina, Alberto & Dollar, David, 2000.
"Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Alberto Alesina & David Dollar, 1998. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," NBER Working Papers 6612, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dollar, David & Alesina, Alberto, 2000. "Who Gives Foreign Aid to Whom and Why?," Scholarly Articles 4553020, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Markus Frlich, 2004. "Finite-Sample Properties of Propensity-Score Matching and Weighting Estimators," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 77-90, February.
- Paul Clist & Alessia Isopi & Oliver Morrissey, 2012.
"Selectivity on aid modality: Determinants of budget support from multilateral donors,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 267-284, September.
- Paul Clist & Alessia Isopi & Oliver Morrissey, 2011. "Selectivity on Aid Modality: Determinants of Budget Support from Multilateral Donors," Discussion Papers 11/01, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Yasemin Bal Gunduz & Christian H Ebeke & Burcu Hacibedel & Linda Kaltani & Vera V Kehayova & Chris Lane & Christian Mumssen & Nkunde Mwase & Joseph Thornton, 2013. "The Economic Impact of IMF-Supported Programs in Low-Income Countries," IMF Occasional Papers 277, International Monetary Fund.
- Laura Jaramillo & Cemile Sancak, 2009. "Why Has the Grass Been Greener on One Side of Hispaniola? A Comparative Growth Analysis of the Dominican Republic and Haiti," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(2), pages 323-349, June.
- Morris, Stephen & Shin, Hyun Song, 2006.
"Catalytic finance: When does it work?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 161-177, September.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2003. "Catalytic Finance: When Does It Work?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1400, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2004. "Catalytic Finance: When Does It Work?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm339, Yale School of Management.
- Jean‐Claude Berthélemy, 2006.
"Bilateral Donors’ Interest vs. Recipients’ Development Motives in Aid Allocation: Do All Donors Behave the Same?,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 179-194, May.
- Jean-Claude Berthelemy, 2005. "Bilateral donors' interest vs. recipients' development motives in aid allocation : do all donors behave the same ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00193273, HAL.
- Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 2005. "Bilateral donors' interest vs. Recipients' development motives in aid allocation : do all donors behave the same ?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla05001, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jean-Claude Berthelemy, 2006. "Bilateral Donor's Interest vs. Recipients' Development Motives in Aid Allocation: Do All Donors Behave the Same?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00305510, HAL.
- Stijn Claessens & Danny Cassimon & Bjorn Van Campenhout, 2009. "Evidence on Changes in Aid Allocation Criteria," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 185-208, June.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1982. "Multivariate regression models for panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Martin Steinwand & Randall Stone, 2008. "The International Monetary Fund: A review of the recent evidence," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 123-149, June.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2006. "Catalysing Private Capital Flows: Do IMF Programmes Work as Commitment Devices?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(513), pages 843-867, July.
- Clist, Paul, 2011. "25Years of Aid Allocation Practice: Whither Selectivity?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1724-1734.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2002. "Do IMF Programmes Have a Catalytic Effect on Other International Capital Flows?," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 229-249.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luca Papi & Andrea F Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2015.
"IMF Lending and Banking Crises,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 63(3), pages 644-691, November.
- Luca Papi Author-Name-First Luca & Andrea F. Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2013. "IMF Lending and Banking Crises," Working Papers CASMEF 1304, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Luca Papi & Andrea F Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2015. "IMF Lending and Banking Crises," IMF Working Papers 15/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Luca Papi & Andrea Filippo Presbitero & Alberto Zazzaro, 2013. "IMF Lending and Banking Crises," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 80, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Weneyam Hippolyte Balima & Jean-Louis Combes & Alexandru Minea, 2016. "Bond Markets Initiation and Tax Revenue Mobilization in Developing Countries," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 550-572, October.
- ., 2016. "Introduction and overview: the purposes and operations of the IMF," Chapters, in: The International Monetary Fund, chapter 1, pages 1-18, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bal Gündüz, Yasemin, 2016. "The Economic Impact of Short-term IMF Engagement in Low-Income Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 30-49.
- Ali J Al-Sadiq, 2015. "The Impact of IMF-Supported Programs on FDI in Low-income Countries," IMF Working Papers 15/157, International Monetary Fund.
- Calixte Ahokpossi & Laurence Allain & Giovanna Bua, 2014. "A Constrained Choice? Impact of Concessionality Requirements on Borrowing Behavior," IMF Working Papers 14/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Rasmané Ouedraogo & Sampawende J Tapsoba, 2016. "What Does Aid Do to Fiscal Policy? New Evidence," IMF Working Papers 16/112, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEconometric models; Official development assistance; Low-income developing countries; Foreign aid; Fund-supported adjustment programs; Variables (Mathematics); IMF-Supported programs; official development assistance (ODA); catalytic impact of IMF-supported programs; low-income countries; propensity score matching; disbursements; balance of payments; foreign direct investment; investment; direct investment; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; Globalization: Economic Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:14/202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.