Portfolio Flows, Global Risk Aversion and Asset Prices in Emerging Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nasha Ananchotikul & Longmei Zhang, 2016. "Portfolio Flows, Global Risk Aversion and Asset Prices in Emerging Markets," PIER Discussion Papers 36., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Jul 2016.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tillmann, Peter, 2013.
"Capital inflows and asset prices: Evidence from emerging Asia,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 717-729.
- Peter Tillmann, 2012. "Capital Inflows and Asset Prices: Evidence from Emerging Asia," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201215, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Peter Tillmann, 2012. "Capital Inflows and Asset Prices: Evidence from Emerging Asia," Working Papers 182012, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Tillmann, Peter, 2012. "Capital inflows and asset prices: Evidence from emerging Asia," IMFS Working Paper Series 58, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Soyoung Kim & Doo Yong Yang, 2009. "Do Capital Inflows Matter to Asset Prices? The Case of Korea ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 323-348, September.
- Lorenzo Cappiello & Robert F. Engle & Kevin Sheppard, 2006.
"Asymmetric Dynamics in the Correlations of Global Equity and Bond Returns,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(4), pages 537-572.
- Cappiello, Lorenzo & Engle, Robert F. & Sheppard, Kevin, 2003. "Asymmetric dynamics in the correlations of global equity and bond returns," Working Paper Series 204, European Central Bank.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to estimate various forms of DCC GARCH models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00174, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Eduardo Olaberría, 2014.
"Capital Inflows and Booms in Asset Prices: Evidence from a Panel of Countries,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Miguel Fuentes D. & Claudio E. Raddatz & Carmen M. Reinhart (ed.), Capital Mobility and Monetary Policy, edition 1, volume 18, chapter 8, pages 255-290
Central Bank of Chile.
- Eduardo Olaberría, 2012. "Capital Inflows and Booms in Assets Prices: Evidence From a Panel of Countries," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 675, Central Bank of Chile.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:81:y:2018:i:c:p:40-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Kasch & Massimiliano Caporin, 2013.
"Volatility Threshold Dynamic Conditional Correlations: An International Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 11(4), pages 706-742, September.
- Maria Kasch & Massimiliano Caporin, 2008. "Volatility Threshold Dynamic Conditional Correlations: An International Analysis," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0065, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Damien PUY, 2013. "Institutional Investors Flows and the Geography of Contagion," Economics Working Papers ECO2013/06, European University Institute.
- Forbes, Kristin J. & Warnock, Francis E., 2012.
"Capital flow waves: Surges, stops, flight, and retrenchment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 235-251.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Francis E. Warnock, 2011. "Capital Flow Waves: Surges, Stops, Flight, and Retrenchment," NBER Chapters,in: Global Financial Crisis National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Francis E. Warnock, 2011. "Capital Flow Waves: Surges, Stops, Flight, and Retrenchment," NBER Working Papers 17351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taylor, Mark P & Sarno, Lucio, 1997. "Capital Flows to Developing Countries: Long- and Short-Term Determinants," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(3), pages 451-470, September.
- Gyntelberg, Jacob & Loretan, Mico & Subhanij, Tientip, 2018.
"Private information, capital flows, and exchange rates,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 40-55.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Subhanij Tientip & Mico Loretan, 2012. "Private Information, Capital Flows, and Exchange Rates," IMF Working Papers 12/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Mico Loretan & Tientip Subhanij, 2015. "Private information, capital flows, and exchange rates," Working Papers 2015-12, Swiss National Bank.
- Ahmed, Shaghil & Zlate, Andrei, 2014.
"Capital flows to emerging market economies: A brave new world?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 48(PB), pages 221-248.
- Shaghil Ahmed & Andrei Zlate, 2013. "Capital flows to emerging market economies: a brave new world?," International Finance Discussion Papers 1081, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elías Albagli & Luis Ceballos & Sebastián Claro & Damián Romero, 2015.
"Channels of US Monetary Policy Spillovers into International Bond Markets,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
771, Central Bank of Chile.
- Elias Albagli & Luis Ceballos & Sebastián Claro & Damian Romero, 2018. "Channels of US monetary policy spillovers to international bond markets," BIS Working Papers 719, Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:59182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koepke, Robin, 2014. "Fed Policy Expectations and Portfolio Flows to Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 63519, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Apr 2015.
- Bonizzi, Bruno, 2017.
"Institutional investors’ allocation to emerging markets: A panel approach to asset demand,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 47-64.
- Bonizzi, Bruno, 2015. "Institutional Investors Allocation to Emerging Markets: a Panel Approach to Asset Demand," MPRA Paper 61784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:140-163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yildirim, Zekeriya, 2016. "Global financial conditions and asset markets: Evidence from fragile emerging economies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 208-220.
- Alessio Ciarlone & Andrea Colabella, 2018. "Asset price volatility in EU-6 economies: how large is the role played by the ECB?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1175, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:20:y:2017:i:03:n:s0219091517500205 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elisabeth Christen & Sandra Bilek-Steindl & Christian Glocker & Harald Oberhofer, 2017.
"Austria 2025 – Austria's Competitiveness and Export Potentials in Selected Markets,"
WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports),
WIFO, vol. 90(1), pages 83-95, January.
- Elisabeth Christen & Sandra Bilek-Steindl & Christian Glocker & Harald Oberhofer, 2016. "Austria 2025 – Austria's Competitiveness and Export Potentials in Selected Markets," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 59182.
- Beckmann, Joscha & Czudaj, Robert, 2017.
"Capital flows and GDP in emerging economies and the role of global spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 140-163.
- Joscha Beckmann & Robert Czudaj, 2017. "Capital Flows and GDP in Emerging Economies and the Role of Global Spillovers," Chemnitz Economic Papers 009, Department of Economics, Chemnitz University of Technology, revised Jun 2017.
- Koepke, Robin, 2015. "What Drives Capital Flows to Emerging Markets? A Survey of the Empirical Literature," MPRA Paper 62770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasler, Nicole, 2016. "US International Equity Investment and Economic Fundamentals," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145840, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Renu Kohli, 2015. "Capital Flows and Exchange Rate Volatility in India: How Crucial Are Reserves?," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 577-591, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEconometric models; Bond yields; Capital flows; Asset markets; Asset prices; Emerging markets; Exchange rates; Financial risk; Spillovers; International finance; Stock prices; portfolio flows; global risk aversion; exchange rate; bond; bond flows; risk aversion; stock market; Portfolio Choice;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- F37 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Finance Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:14/156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .