The Quest for Non-Resource-Based FDI; Do Taxes Matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tidiane Kinda, 2018. "The quest for non-resource-based FDI: Do taxes matter?," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 1-18, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye, 2006. "Investment climate and international integration," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1498-1516, September.
- Tidiane Kinda & Patrick Plane & Marie‐Ange Véganzonès‐Varoudakis, 2011.
"Firm Productivity And Investment Climate In Developing Countries: How Does Middle East And North Africa Manufacturing Perform?,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 49(4), pages 429-462, December.
- Patrick PLANE & Marie-Ange VEGANZONES-VAROUDAKIS & Tidiane KINDA, 2011. "Firm Productivity and Investment Climate in Developing Countries: How Does Middle East and North Africa Manufacturing Perform?," Working Papers 201126, CERDI.
- Patrick Plane & Marie-Ange Veganzones & Tidiane Kinda, 2011. "Firm Productivity and Investment Climate in Developing Countries: How Does Middle East and North Africa Manufacturing Perform?," Working Papers halshs-00617574, HAL.
- Patrick Plane & Marie-Ange Veganzones & Tidiane Kinda, 2011. "Firm Productivity and Investment Climate in Developing Countries: How Does Middle East and North Africa Manufacturing Perform?," Working Papers halshs-00617575, HAL.
- Patrick Plane & Marie-Ange Veganzones-Varoudakis & Tidiane Kinda, 2011. "Firm productivity and investment climate in developing countries: how does Middle East and North Africa manufacturing perform?," Post-Print halshs-00666887, HAL.
- Aterido, Reyes & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Pagés, Carmen, 2007.
"Investment Climate and Employment Growth: The Impact of Access to Finance, Corruption and Regulations Across Firms,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3138, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aterido, Reyes & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Pagés, Carmen, 2011. "Investment Climate and Employment Growth: The Impact of Access to Finance, Corruption and Regulations across Firms," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3301, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & Reyes Aterido & Mary Hallward-Driemeier, 2007. "Investment Climate and Employment Growth: The Impact of Access to Finance, Corruption and Regulations Across Firms," Research Department Publications 4559, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Tidiane Kinda, 2012.
"Foreign ownership, sales to multinationals and firm efficiency: the case of Brazil, Morocco, Pakistan, South Africa and Vietnam,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(6), pages 551-555, April.
- Kinda, Tidiane, 2009. "Foreign ownership, sales to multinationals, and firm efficiency: The Case of Brazil, Morocco, Pakistan, South Africa, and Vietnam," MPRA Paper 19160, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Honorati, Maddalena & Mengistae, Taye, 2007. "Corruption, business environment, and small business fixed investment in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4356, The World Bank.
- Urata, Shujiro & Kawai, Hiroki, 2000. "The Determinants of the Location of Foreign Direct Investment by Japanese Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 79-103, September.
- Ruud A. de Mooij & Sjef Ederveen, 2008.
"Corporate tax elasticities: a reader's guide to empirical findings,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 680-697, winter.
- Ruud A. de Mooij & Sjef Ederveen, 2008. "Corporate Tax Elasticities A Reader’s Guide to Empirical Findings," Working Papers 0822, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Du, Julan & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang, 2008. "Economic institutions and FDI location choice: Evidence from US multinationals in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 412-429, September.
- Kinda, Tidiane, 2010.
"Investment Climate and FDI in Developing Countries: Firm-Level Evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 498-513, April.
- Tidiane Kinda, 2010. "Investment Climate and FDI in Developing Countries: Firm-Level Evidence," Post-Print hal-00465921, HAL.
- Smarzynska, Beata K. & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Corruption and the composition of foreign direct investment - firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2360, The World Bank.
- Beata K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
7969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beate K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2001. "Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence," CID Working Papers 60A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Liu, Zhiqiang, 2008. "Foreign direct investment and technology spillovers: Theory and evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 176-193, February.
- Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "Investment Climate and Firm Performance in Developing Economies," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Stephen Ross Yeaple, 2003. "The Role of Skill Endowments in the Structure of U.S. Outward Foreign Direct Investment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(3), pages 726-734, August.
- Lall, Somik V. & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "The impact of business environment and economic geography on plant-level productivity : an analysis of Indian industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3664, The World Bank.
- S. Van Parys & S. James, 2010. "The Effectiveness of Tax Incentives in Attracting FDI: Evidence from the Tourism Sector in the Caribbean," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 10/675, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Mohamed Chaffai & Tidiane Kinda & Patrick Plane, 2012. "Textile Manufacturing in Eight Developing Countries: Does Business Environment Matter for Firm Technical Efficiency?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(10), pages 1470-1488, October.
- Mario Mansour & Michael Keen, 2009. "Revenue Mobilization in Sub-Saharan Africa; Challenges from Globalization," IMF Working Papers 09/157, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kalle Hirvonen & Giulia Mascagni & Keetie Roelen, 2016.
"Linking taxation and social protection Evidence on redistribution and poverty reduction in Ethiopia,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
111, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Mascagni, Giulia & Roelen , Keetie, 2017. "Linking Taxation and Social Protection: Evidence on Redistribution and Poverty Reduction in Ethiopia," Working Papers 12794, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Marco Carreras & Purnachandar Dachapalli & Giulia Mascagni, 2017. "Effective corporate tax burden and firm size in South Africa: A firm-level analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 162, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Republic of Congo; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/273, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsCape Verde; Cameroon; Burundi; Burkina Faso; Botswana; Benin; Africa; Angola; Developing countries; Djibouti; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Congo; Republic of; Congo; Democratic Republic of the; Ethiopia; Eritrea; Equatorial Guinea; Rwanda; Seychelles; Senegal; Sierra Leone; South Africa; Foreign direct investment; Gabon; Gambia; The; Ghana; Human capital; Guinea-Bissau; Guinea; Infrastructure; Liberia; Lesotho; Madagascar; Malawi; Kenya; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Niger; Zambia; Zimbabwe; Sub-Saharan Africa; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Uganda; Togo; Taxes; Taxation; Investment climate; Non-resource-based FDI; horizontal FDI; vertical FDI; firm-level data; fdi; foreign ownership; tax incentives; foreign capital; sub-Saharan Africa.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:14/15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.