Public Investment as an Engine of Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles R. Hulten, 1996. "Infrastructure Capital and Economic Growth: How Well You Use It May Be More Important Than How Much You Have," NBER Working Papers 5847, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1994. "Infrastructure Investment: A Review Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1176-1196, September.
- Andrew Berg & Rafael A Portillo & Edward F Buffie & Catherine A Pattillo & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2012. "Public Investment, Growth, and Debt Sustainability; Putting together the Pieces," IMF Working Papers 12/144, International Monetary Fund.
- John G. Fernald, 1999.
"Roads to Prosperity? Assessing the Link between Public Capital and Productivity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 619-638, June.
- John G. Fernald, 1997. "Roads to prosperity? assessing the link between public capital and productivity," International Finance Discussion Papers 592, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Swaroop, Vinaya & Heng-fu, Zou, 1996.
"The composition of public expenditure and economic growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 313-344, April.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Vinaya Swaroop & Heng-fu Zou, 1996. "The composition of public expenditure and economic growth," CEMA Working Papers 77, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Don Patinkin, 1993. "Israel's Stabilization Program of 1985, or Some Simple Truths of Monetary Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 103-128, Spring.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1994. "Public-Sector Capital and the Productivity Puzzle," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 12-21, February.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Kangur, Alvar & Papageorgiou, Chris & Wane, Abdoul, 2014. "Efficiency-Adjusted Public Capital and Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 164-178.
- David Canning & Peter Pedroni, 2008. "Infrastructure, Long-Run Economic Growth And Causality Tests For Cointegrated Panels," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(5), pages 504-527, September.
- Robert S. Dohner & Ponciano Intal, Jr., 1989. "III: The Marcos Legacy: Economic Policy and Foreign Debt in the Philippines," NBER Chapters,in: Developing Country Debt and Economic Performance, Volume 3: Country Studies - Indonesia, Korea, Philippines, Turkey, pages 371-372 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:198-215 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asian Development Bank Institute, 2017. "Local Currency Bonds and Infrastructure Finance in ASEAN+3," Working Papers id:11883, eSocialSciences.
- Jean-Marc Fournier, 2016. "The Positive Effect of Public Investment on Potential Growth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1347, OECD Publishing.
- Presbitero, Andrea F., 2016.
"Too much and too fast? Public investment scaling-up and absorptive capacity,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 17-31.
- Andrea Filippo Presbitero, 2015. "Too much and too fast? Public investment scaling-up and abssoptive capacity," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 115, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- repec:vrn:journl:y:2017:i:3:p:281-290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kose,Ayhan & Ohnsorge,Franziska Lieselotte & Ye,Lei Sandy & Islamaj,Ergys, 2017.
"Weakness in investment growth : causes, implications and policy responses,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7990, The World Bank.
- Islamaj, Ergys & Kose, Ayhan & Ohnsorge, Franziska & Ye, Lei Sandy, 2017. "Weakness in Investment Growth: Causes, Implications and Policy Responses," CEPR Discussion Papers 11886, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Lei Sandy Ye & Ergys Islamaj, 2017. "Weakness in investment growth: Causes, implications and policy responses," CAMA Working Papers 2017-19, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Lei Sandy Ye & Ergys Islamaj, 2017. "Weakness in Investment Growth: Causes, Implications and Policy Responses," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1707, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Melina, Giovanni & Yang, Shu-Chun S. & Zanna, Luis-Felipe, 2016.
"Debt sustainability, public investment, and natural resources in developing countries: The DIGNAR model,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 630-649.
- Giovanni Melina & Susan S. Yang & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2014. "Debt Sustainability, Public Investment, and Natural Resources in Developing Countries; the DIGNAR Model," IMF Working Papers 14/50, International Monetary Fund.
- Guerguil, Martine & Mandon, Pierre & Tapsoba, René, 2017.
"Flexible fiscal rules and countercyclical fiscal policy,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 189-220.
- Martine Guerguil & Pierre Mandon & Rene Tapsoba, 2016. "Flexible Fiscal Rules and Countercyclical Fiscal Policy," IMF Working Papers 16/8, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank Group, 2017. "Global Economic Prospects, January 2017," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 25823, April.
- Moller,Lars Christian & Wacker,Konstantin M., 2015. "Ethiopia?s growth acceleration and how to sustain it?insights from a cross-country regression model," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7292, The World Bank.
- Don Drummond & Evan Capeluck & Matthew Calver, 2015. "The Key Challenge for Canadian Public Policy: Generating Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Growth," CSLS Research Reports 2015-11, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:1:y:2015:i:1:p:30-54 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBolivia; Capital expenditure; Cross country analysis; Economic growth; Public investment; External borrowing; Infrastructure; Korea; Republic of; Mexico; Philippines; Taiwan Province of China; Public Capital; Big Push; public investment expenditures; capital expenditures; public investments; public investment spending; Infrastructures; General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2014-12-19 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-GRO-2014-12-19 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-SEA-2014-12-19 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRE-2014-12-19 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:14/148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .