Do the Type of Sukuk and Choice of Shari'a Scholar Matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2016. "Do the type of sukuk and choice of shari’a scholar matter?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 63-76.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2014. "Do the type of sukuk and choice of shari’a scholar matter?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 21/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
References listed on IDEAS
- Najeeb, Syed Faiq & Ibrahim, Shahul Hameed Mohamed, 2014. "Professionalizing the role of Shari'ah auditors: How Malaysia can generate economic benefits," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 91-109.
- Kedia, Simi & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2011. "Do the SEC's enforcement preferences affect corporate misconduct?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 259-278, April.
- Sattar A. Mansi & William F. Maxwell & Darius P. Miller, 2004. "Does Auditor Quality and Tenure Matter to Investors? Evidence from the Bond Market," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 755-793, September.
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Byron Song & Judy Tsui, 2013. "Auditor size, tenure, and bank loan pricing," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 75-99, January.
- Datar, Srikant M. & Feltham, Gerald A. & Hughes, John S., 1991. "The role of audits and audit quality in valuing new issues," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-49, March.
- Wilson, Rodney, 2009. "The development of Islamic finance in the GCC," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55281, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Godlewski, Christophe J. & Turk-Ariss, Rima & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Sukuk vs. conventional bonds: A stock market perspective," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 745-761.
- Campbell, Cynthia J. & Cowan, Arnold R. & Salotti, Valentina, 2010. "Multi-country event-study methods," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 3078-3090, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Saiful Azhar Rosly, 2010. "Shariah parameters reconsidered," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 132-146, June.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Kathleen Fuller & Jeffry Netter & Mike Stegemoller, 2002. "What Do Returns to Acquiring Firms Tell Us? Evidence from Firms That Make Many Acquisitions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1763-1793, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naifar, Nader & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Al dohaiman, Mohamed S., 2016. "Dependence structure between sukuk (Islamic bonds) and stock market conditions: An empirical analysis with Archimedean copulas," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 148-165.
- Naifar, Nader & Mroua, Mourad & Bahloul, Slah, 2017. "Do regional and global uncertainty factors affect differently the conventional bonds and sukuk? New evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 65-74.
- Paul-Olivier KLEIN & Rima TURK & Laurent WEILL, 2017. "How Religiosity Shapes Investor Behavior: Sukuk Issuances During Ramadan," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2017-01, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Naifar, Nader & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2016. "Do global financial distress and uncertainties impact GCC and global sukuk return dynamics?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 57-69.
- Nagano, Mamoru, 2017. "Sukuk issuance and information asymmetry: Why do firms issue sukuk?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 142-157.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:10:y:2015:i:3:p:1-28 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul-Olivier KLEIN & Laurent WEILL & Christophe J. GODLEWSKI, 2015. "How Sukuk Shapes Firm Performance," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2015-05, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:50-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayturk, Yusuf & Asutay, Mehmet & Aksak, Ercument, 2017. "What explains corporate sukuk primary market spreads?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 141-149.
- Mariam El Hamiani Khatat, 2016. "Monetary Policy in the Presence of Islamic Banking," IMF Working Papers 16/72, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:10:y:2015:i:3:p:73-85 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsExternal financing; Financial instruments; Bonds; Bond issues; Islamic finance; Islamic banking; Stock markets; Financial Istruments; Shari’a Scholars; ijara; sukuk; stock market; murabaha; Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-13 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:14/147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .