Rules, Discretion, and Macro-Prudential Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2009.
"Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(6), pages 2201-2238, June.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lasse Heje Pederson & Markus K Brunnermeier, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," FMG Discussion Papers dp580, Financial Markets Group.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K. & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market liquidity and funding liquidity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24478, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 12939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Aikman & Piergiorgio Alessandri & Bruno Eklund & Prasanna Gai & Sujit Kapadia & Elizabeth Martin & Nada Mora & Gabriel Sterne & Matthew Willison, 2011.
"Funding Liquidity Risk in a Quantitative Model of Systemic Stability,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Rodrigo Alfaro (ed.), Financial Stability, Monetary Policy, and Central Banking, edition 1, volume 15, chapter 12, pages 371-410
Central Bank of Chile.
- David Aikman & Piergiorgio Alessandri & Bruno Eklund & Prasanna Gai & Sujit Kapadia & Elizabeth Martin & Nada Mora & Gabriel Sterne & Matthew Willison, 2009. "Funding Liquidity Risk in a Quantitative Model of Systemic Stability," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 555, Central Bank of Chile.
- Aikman, David & Alessandri, Piergiorgio & Eklund, Bruno & Gai, Prasanna & Kapadia, Sujit & Martin, Elizabeth & Mora, Nada & Sterne, Gabriel & Willison, Matthew, 2009. "Funding liquidity risk in a quantitative model of systemic stability," Bank of England working papers 372, Bank of England.
- Reza Siregar, 2011.
"Macro-Prudential Approaches to Banking Regulation : Perspectives of Selected Asian Central Banks,"
Finance Working Papers
23211, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Siregar, Reza, 2011. "Macro-Prudential Approaches to Banking Regulation: Perspectives of Selected Asian Central Banks," ADBI Working Papers 325, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Reza Siregar, 2011. "Macro-Prudential Approaches to Banking Regulation : Perspectives of Selected Asian Central Banks," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23211, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Thomas M. Hoenig & Charles S. Morris, 2013.
"Restructuring the Banking System to Improve Safety and Soundness,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Social Value of the Financial Sector Too Big to Fail or Just Too Big?, chapter 21, pages 401-425
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Morris, Charles & Hoenig, Thomas, 2011. "Restructuring the Banking System to Improve Safety and Soundness," MPRA Paper 47614, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2012.
- Charles Goodhart, 2011. "The Macro-Prudential Authority: Powers, Scope and Accountability," FMG Special Papers sp203, Financial Markets Group.
- Stijn Claessens & Lev Ratnovski & Manmohan Singh, 2012. "Shadow Banking; Economics and Policy," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 12/12, International Monetary Fund.
- Ignazio Angeloni, 2009.
"A Tale of Two Policies: Prudential Regulation and Monetary Policy with Fragile Banks,"
- Angeloni, Ignazio & Faia, Ester, 2009. "A tale of two policies: prudential regulation and monetary policy with fragile banks," Kiel Working Papers 1569, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 2011. "Fire Sales in Finance and Macroeconomics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 29-48, Winter.
- Claudio Borio & Ilhyock Shim, 2007. "What can (macro-)prudential policy do to support monetary policy?," BIS Working Papers 242, Bank for International Settlements.
- Darrell Duffie, 2011. "How Big Banks Fail and What to Do about It," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9371.
- Oliver Hart & Luigi Zingales, 2011.
"A New Capital Regulation for Large Financial Institutions,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 453-490.
- Luigi Zingales & Oliver Hart, 2009. "A New Capital Regulation For Large Financial Institutions," Working Papers 2009.124, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hart, Oliver & Zingales, Luigi, 2009. "A New Capital Regulation For Large Financial Institutions," CEPR Discussion Papers 7298, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Quintyn, Marc & Taylor, Michael W., 2008. "Inside and outside the central bank: Independence and accountability in financial supervision: Trends and determinants," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 833-848, December.
- Rosen, Richard J, 2003.
" Is Three a Crowd? Competition among Regulators in Banking,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(6), pages 967-998, December.
- Richard J. Rosen, 2002. "Is three a crowd? competition among regulators in banking," Proceedings 906, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Anat Admati & Martin Hellwig, 2013. "The Bankers' New Clothes: What's Wrong with Banking and What to Do about It," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9929.
- Goodhart, Charles & Schoenmaker, Dirk, 1995. "Should the Functions of Monetary Policy and Banking Supervision Be Separated?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 539-560, October.
- Nier, Erlend & Yang, Jing & Yorulmazer, Tanju & Alentorn, Amadeo, 2007. "Network models and financial stability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2033-2060, June.
- Michal Kowalik, 2011. "Countercyclical capital regulation: should bank regulators use rules or discretion?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II.
- Inci Ötker & Aditya Narain & Anna Ilyina & Jay Surti, 2011. "The Too-Important-to-Fail Conundrum; Impossible to Ignore and Difficult to Resolve," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 11/12, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan D. Morrison, 2011. "Systemic risks and the 'too-big-to-fail' problem'," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 498-516.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Giovanni Favara & Lev Ratnovski, 2012. "Externalities and Macroprudential Policy," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 12/05, International Monetary Fund.
- Erlend Nier & Luis Ignacio Jácome & Jacek Osinski & Pamela Madrid, 2011. "Towards Effective Macroprudential Policy Frameworks; An Assessment of Stylized Institutional Models," IMF Working Papers 11/250, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agur, Itai & Demertzis, Maria, 2013.
"“Leaning against the wind” and the timing of monetary policy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 179-194.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2011. ""Leaning Against the Wind" and the Timing of Monetary Pollicy," DNB Working Papers 303, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2013. "Leaning Against the Wind and the Timing of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 13/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Rita Basto, 2013. "A Macro-prudential Policy for Financial Stability," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Velauthapillai, Jeyakrishna, 2015. "Makroprudenzielle Regulierung – eine kurze Einführung und ein Überblick," EconStor Preprints 116781, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Agur, Itai, 2014. "Bank risk within and across equilibria," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 322-333.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2015.
"Will Macroprudential Policy Counteract Monetary Policy’s Effects on Financial Stability?,"
IMF Working Papers
15/283, International Monetary Fund.
- Itai Agur & Maria Demertzis, 2018. "Will macroprudential policy counteract monetary policy’s effects on financial stability?," Working Papers 23907, Bruegel.
- János Kálmán, 2016. "Bank resolution as a new MNB function – resolution of MKB BankAdministrative law aspects of the macroprudential regulation and supervision of the financial intermediary system – normativity, organisat," Financial and Economic Review, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 15(3), pages 27-50.
- Lainà, Patrizio & Nyholm, Juho & Sarlin, Peter, 2015.
"Leading indicators of systemic banking crises: Finland in a panel of EU countries,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 18-35.
- Lainà, Patrizio & Nyholm, Juho & Sarlin, Peter, 2014. "Leading indicators of systemic banking crises: Finland in a panel of EU countries," Research Discussion Papers 14/2014, Bank of Finland.
- Sarlin, Peter & Laina, Patrizio & Nyholm, Juho, 2015. "Leading indicators of systemic banking crises: Finland in a panel of EU countries," Working Paper Series 1758, European Central Bank.
- Donato Masciandaro & Marc Quintyn, 2013. "The Evolution of Financial Supervision: the Continuing Search for the Holy Grail," SUERF 50th Anniversary Volume Chapters, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Jozsef Mezei & Peter Sarlin, 2014. "Aggregation operators for the measurement of systemic risk," Papers 1412.5452, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2014.
- Stijn Claessens & Laura E. Kodres, 2014. "The Regulatory Responses to the Global Financial Crisis; Some Uncomfortable Questions," IMF Working Papers 14/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Knot, K., 2014. "Governance of macroprudential policy," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 18, pages 25-32, April.
- Remsperger, Hermann, 2013. "Überforderung statt Langeweile?," SAFE White Paper Series 3, Goethe University Frankfurt, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe.
- Carsten Detken & Olaf Weeken & Lucia Alessi & Diana Bonfim & Miguel M. Boucinha & Christian Castro & Sebastian Frontczak & Gaston Giordana & Julia Giese & Nadya Jahn & Jan Kakes & Benjamin Klaus & Jan, 2014. "Operationalising the countercyclical capital buffer: indicator selection, threshold identification and calibration options," ESRB Occasional Paper Series 05, European Systemic Risk Board.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crises; Financial stability; Systemic risk; Macro-prudential policy; regulation; rules; decision makers; regulations; Government Policy and Regulation; Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-09-26 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2013-09-26 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2013-09-26 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:13/65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .