Waste Not, Want Not; The Efficiency of Health Expenditure in Emerging and Developing Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Grigoli Author-Email: email@example.com Author-Name: Eduardo Ley Author-Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 2012. "Quality of Government and Living Standards," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 89, pages 1-6, September.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Koetter, Michael & Karmann, Alexander & Fiorentino, Elisabetta, 2006. "The cost efficiency of German banks: a comparison of SFA and DEA," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2006,10, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Ruwan Jayasuriya & Quentin Wodon, 2003. "Efficiency in Reaching the Millennium Development Goals," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13884.
- Bruce Hollingsworth & John Wildman, 2003. "The efficiency of health production: re-estimating the WHO panel data using parametric and non-parametric approaches to provide additional information," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 493-504.
- Herrera, Santiago & Pang, Gaobo, 2005. "Efficiency of public spending in developing countries : an efficiency frontier approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3645, The World Bank.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn, 2001. "The efficiency of government expenditure: experiences from Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 433-467, May.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Bulgaria; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/24, International Monetary Fund.
- Olanubi, Sijuola Orioye & Osode, Oluwanbepelumi Esther, 2017. "The efficiency of government spending on health: A comparison of different administrations in Nigeria," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 79-98.
- Douanla Tayo Lionel, 2015. "Determinants of Health Spending Efficiency: a Tobit Panel Data Approach Based on DEA Efficiency Scores," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(4), pages 56-71, August.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "United Arab Emirates; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Moussé Sow & Ivohasina F Razafimahefa, 2015. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Efficiency of Public Service Delivery," IMF Working Papers 15/59, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank, 2015. "Bulgaria Health Financing," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22964, The World Bank.
- International Monetary Fund, 2016. "United Republic of Tanzania; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 16/254, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Romania; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/80, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:51:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0404-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGovernment expenditures and health; Health expenditure; efficiency; emerging economies; developing economies; public health; health spending; public expenditure; public health spending; Health Production: Nutrition; Mortality; Morbidity; Disability; and Economic Behavior; Health and Economic Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2013-09-26 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2013-09-26 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HEA-2013-09-26 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:13/187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .