Bond Markets in Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua Felman & Simon Gray & Mangal Goswami & Andreas A. Jobst & Mahmood Pradhan & Shanaka Peiris & Dulani Seneviratne, 2014.
"ASEAN-5 bond market development: Where does it stand? Where is it going?,"
Asian-Pacific Economic Literature,
Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 28(1), pages 60-75, May.
- Mahmood Pradhan & Shanaka J Peiris & Mangal Goswami & Dulani Seneviratne & Joshua Felman & Andreas Jobst & Simon T Gray, 2011. "Asean Bond Market Development; Where Does it Stand? Where is it Going?," IMF Working Papers 11/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Barry Eichengreen & Pipat Luengnaruemitchai, 2006. "Why doesn’t Asia have bigger bond markets?," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Asian bond markets: issues and prospects, volume 30, pages 40-77 Bank for International Settlements.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Charles Komla Adjasi & Charles Amo Yartey, 2007. "Stock Market Development in Sub-Saharan Africa; Critical Issues and Challenges," IMF Working Papers 07/209, International Monetary Fund.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2006. "Local Currency Bond Markets," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(si), pages 1-7.
- Mame Astou Diouf & Francois Boutin-Dufresne, 2012. "Financing Growth in the WAEMU Through the Regional Securities Market; Past Successes and Current Challenges," IMF Working Papers 12/249, International Monetary Fund.
- Mihasonirina Andrianaivo & Charles Amo Yartey, 2009. "Understanding the growth of african financial markets," Post-Print halshs-00422047, HAL.
- Sandrine Kablan, 2009. "Banking Efficiency and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)," The African Finance Journal, Africagrowth Institute, vol. 11(2), pages 28-50.
- Simon T Gray & Andreas Jobst & Joshua Felman & Ana Carvajal, 2011. "Developing Asean5 Bond Markets; What Still Needs to Be Done?," IMF Working Papers 11/135, International Monetary Fund.
- Burger, John D. & Warnock, Francis E., 2007.
"Foreign participation in local currency bond markets,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 291-304.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2004. "Foreign participation in local-currency bond markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 794, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2006. "Foreign Participation in Local Currency Bond Markets," NBER Working Papers 12548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S M Ali Abbas & Jakob E Christensen, 2010.
"The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(1), pages 209-255, April.
- S. M. Ali Abbas & Jakob E Christensen, 2007. "The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth; An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 07/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Russ, Katheryn N. & Valderrama, Diego, 2012. "A theory of bank versus bond finance and intra-industry reallocation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 652-673.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Danny Cassimon & Dennis Essers & Karel Verbeke, 2016. "The changing face of Rwanda's public debt," BeFinD Working Papers 0114, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Danny Cassimon & Dennis Essers & Karel Verbeke, 2015. "What to do after the clean slate? Post-relief public debt sustainability and management," BeFinD Working Papers 0103, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Klein, Christian & Stellner, Christoph, 2014. "Does sovereign risk matter? New evidence from eurozone corporate bond ratings and zero-volatility spreads," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 64-74.
- Hadeel Yaseen & Ghassan Omet & Morad Abdel-Halim, 2015. "The 2008 Global Financial Crisis: The Case of a Market with Consistent Losses Ever Since," Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, Eurasian Publications, vol. 3(1), pages 8-19.
- Ulrich Volz & Dafe Florence & Dennis Essers, 2017. "Localising Sovereign Debt: The Rise of Local Currency Bond Markets in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 202, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Essers, Dennis & Cassimon, Danny, 2013. "And what about Africa's original sins?," IOB Analyses & Policy Briefs 1, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- repec:nam:befdwp:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Vajs, 2014. "Government debt issuance: issues for central banks," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The role of central banks in macroeconomic and financial stability, volume 76, pages 29-46 Bank for International Settlements.
- Andrea Presbitero & Dhaneshwar Ghura & Olumuyiwa S Adedeji & Lamin Njie, 2015. "International Sovereign Bonds by Emerging Markets and Developing Economies; Drivers of Issuance and Spreads," IMF Working Papers 15/275, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:146-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anand, Vaibhav & Sengupta, Rajeswari, 2014.
"Corporate Debt Market in India: Lessons from the South African Experience,"
57465, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajeswari Sengupta & Vaibhav Anand, 2014. "Corporate debt market in India: Lessons from the South African experience," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-029, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rudra P. Pradhan & Mak B. Arvin & Sara E. Bennett & Mahendhiran Nair & John H. Hall, 2016. "Bond Market Development, Economic Growth and Other Macroeconomic Determinants: Panel VAR Evidence," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 23(2), pages 175-201, June.
- repec:eee:ememar:v:32:y:2017:i:c:p:148-167 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCross country analysis; Corporate sector; Africa; Bond markets; Financial crises; Economic models; Government securities; African bond markets; corporate bonds; bond; bond market; corporate bond; bonds; General; Government Policy and Regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:13/12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .