Four Decades of Terms-of-Trade Booms; Saving-Investment Patterns and a New Metric of Income Windfall
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kohli, Ulrich, 2004. "Real GDP, real domestic income, and terms-of-trade changes," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 83-106, January.
- Sebastian Sosa & Gustavo Adler, 2011. "Commodity Price Cycles; The Perils of Mismanaging the Boom," IMF Working Papers 11/283, International Monetary Fund.
- Gustavo Adler & Sebastian Sosa, 2013. "External Conditions and Debt Sustainability in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 13/27, International Monetary Fund.
- Ethan Ilzetzki & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2017.
"Exchange Arrangements Entering the 21st Century: Which Anchor Will Hold?,"
NBER Working Papers
23134, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ilzetzki, Ethan & Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2017. "Exchange Arrangements Entering the 21st Century: Which Anchor Will Hold?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11826, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ethan Ilzetzki & Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2017. "Exchange Arrangements Entering the 21st Century: Which Anchor Will Hold?," Working Paper 503441, Harvard University OpenScholar.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Trofimov, Ivan D., 2018. "Income terms of trade and economic convergence: Evidence from Latin America," MPRA Paper 87598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cordella, Tito & Gupta, Poonam, 2015.
"What makes a currency procyclical? An empirical investigation,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 240-259.
- Cordella,Tito & Gupta,Poonam - DECOS, 2014. "What makes a currency procyclical ? an empirical investigation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7113, The World Bank.
- Augusto de la Torre & Federico Filippini & Alain Ize, "undated". "The Commodity Cycle in Latin America," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24014, The World Bank.
- Chowdhury, Abdur, 2015. "Terms of trade shocks and private savings in the developing countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 1122-1134.
- Francesco Grigoli & Alexander Herman & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2015. "Saving in Latin America and the Caribbean; Performance and Policies," IMF Working Papers 15/108, International Monetary Fund.
- Bertrand Gruss, 2014. "After the Boom–Commodity Prices and Economic Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean," IMF Working Papers 14/154, International Monetary Fund.
- Daan Steenkamp, 2014. "How volatile are New Zealand’s terms of trade? An international comparison," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 77, pages 3-14, June.
- Rhenals Monterrosa, Remberto & Gómez, Wilman, 2013. "La coyuntura macroeconómica reciente," PERFIL DE COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, issue 22, pages 9-38, July.
- Jorge Toro & Aarón Garavito & David Camilo López & Enrique Montes, 2015.
"El choque petrolero y sus implicaciones en la economía colombiana,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
013829, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Jorge Toro & Aarón Garavito & David Camilo López & Enrique Montes, 2015. "El choque petrolero y sus implicaciones en la economía colombiana," Borradores de Economia 906, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Cristina Fernández Mejía & Leonardo Villar Gómez, 2014. "Temporary Resource Booms and Manufacturing Output: A Global Perspective," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 161-216, July-Dece.
- Melesse Tashu, 2015. "Drivers of Peru's Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate; Is the Nuevo Sol a Commodity Currency?," IMF Working Papers 15/26, International Monetary Fund.
- Adler, Gustavo & Magud, Nicolas E., 2015. "Four decades of terms-of-trade booms: A metric of income windfall," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 162-192.
More about this item
KeywordsTerms of trade; windfall; real income; aggregate saving; saving rate; trade shocks; trade shock; terms-of-trade shocks; domestic investment; Other; Open Economy Macroeconomics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-09-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INT-2013-09-28 (International Trade)
- NEP-LAM-2013-09-28 (Central & South America)
- NEP-OPM-2013-09-28 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:13/103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.