Narrowing Vertical Fiscal Imbalances in Four European Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roy Bahl & Sally Wallace, 2004. "Intergovernmental Transfers: The Vertical Sharing Dimension," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0419, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Luc Eyraud & Lusine Lusinyan, 2011. "Decentralizing Spending More Than Revenue; Does it Hurt Fiscal Performance?," IMF Working Papers 11/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Guillem López & Joan Costa-Font & Ivan Planas, 2004.
"Diversity and regional inequalities: Assessing the outcomes of the Spanish 'System of Health Care Services',"
Economics Working Papers
745, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Guillem López & Joan Costa-Font & Ivan Planas, 2004. "Diversity and regional inequalities: Assessing the outcomes of the Spanish 'System of Health Care Services'," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 745, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Maria Flavia Ambrosanio & Massimo Bordignon & Floriana Cerniglia, 2010.
"Constitutional Reforms, Fiscal Decentralization and Regional Fiscal Flows in Italy,"
Chapters,in: The Political Economy of Inter-Regional Fiscal Flows, chapter 4
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Maria Flavia Ambrosanio & Massimo Bordignon & Floriana Cerniglia, 2008. "Constitutional reforms, fiscal decentralization and regional fiscal flows in Italy," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia e Finanza ief0084, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Nadia Fiorino & Roberto Ricciuti, 2007.
"Legislature size and government spending in Italian regions: Forecasting the effects of a reform,"
Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 117-125, April.
- Fiorino, Nadia & Ricciuti, Roberto, 2006. "Legislature size and government spending in Italian regions: forecasting the effects of a reform," POLIS Working Papers 69, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Hansjörg Blöchliger & David King, 2006. "Fiscal Autonomy of Sub-Central Governments," OECD Working Papers on Fiscal Federalism 2, OECD Publishing.
- Isabelle Joumard & Claude Giorno, 2005. "Getting the Most Out of Public Sector Decentralisation in Spain," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 436, OECD Publishing.
- Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarboe, Oddvar M., 2007.
"Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 2129-2137, May.
- Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarbøe, Oddvar M., 2006. "Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform," Working Papers in Economics 02/06, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Lars-Erik Borge, 2006. "Centralized or decentralized financing of local governments? Consequences for efficiency and inequality of service provision," Working Paper Series 7806, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2010.
"On the link between fiscal decentralization and public debt in OECD countries,"
Springer, vol. 145(3), pages 351-378, December.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2010. "On the Link Between Fiscal Decentralization and Public Debt in OECD Countries," MPRA Paper 21599, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Molero, Juan Carlos, 2001. "Analysis Of The Decentralization Of Public Spending In Spain," MPRA Paper 8056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Isabelle Joumard & Tadashi Yokoyama, 2005. "Getting the Most Out of Public Sector Decentralisation in Japan," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 416, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aldasoro, Iñaki & Seiferling, Mike, 2014.
"Vertical fiscal imbalances and the accumulation of government debt,"
SAFE Working Paper Series
61, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Inaki Aldasoro & Mike Seiferling, 2014. "Vertical Fiscal Imbalances and the Accumulation of Government Debt," IMF Working Papers 14/209, International Monetary Fund.
- José Manuel Cordero Ferrera & Francisco Pedraja Chaparro & Javier Suárez Pandiello & Alfonso Utrilla de la Hoz, 2013. "El índice de evolución de los ingresos tributarios del Estado y sus efectos sobre la PIE municipal," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 206(3), pages 137-161, September.
- Eyraud, Luc & Lusinyan, Lusine, 2013. "Vertical fiscal imbalances and fiscal performance in advanced economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 571-587.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal balance; Belgium; Spain; Norway; Italy; Federalism; decentralization; vertical fiscal imbalance; local governments; fiscal decentralization; sub-national governments; fiscal balances; Structure; Scope; and Performance of Government; National Deficit Surplus; State and Local Taxation; Subsidies; and Revenue; State and Local Budget and Expenditures;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2012-04-23 (European Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2012-04-23 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.