Revisiting Risk-Weighted Assets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Asli Demirguc‐Kunt & Enrica Detragiache & Ouarda Merrouche, 2013.
"Bank Capital: Lessons from the Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 1147-1164, September.
- Ouarda Merrouche & Enrica Detragiache & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt, 2010. "Bank Capital; Lessons From the Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 10/286, International Monetary Fund.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Bank capital : lessons from the financial crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5473, The World Bank.
- Gordy, Michael B. & Marrone, James, 2012.
"Granularity adjustment for mark-to-market credit risk models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1896-1910.
- Michael B. Gordy & James Marrone, 2010. "Granularity adjustment for mark-to-market credit risk models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Bank capital requirements: Can we fix risk-weighting?
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-05-19 18:21:03
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2014.
"The manipulation of basel risk-weights,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 300-321.
- Mike Mariathasan & Ouarda Merrouche, 2012. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights. Evidence from 2007-10," Economics Series Working Papers 621, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Abbassi, Puriya & Schmidt, Michael, 2018.
"A comprehensive view on risk reporting: Evidence from supervisory data,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 74-85.
- Abbassi, Puriya & Schmidt, Michael, 2018. "A comprehensive view on risk reporting: Evidence from supervisory data," Discussion Papers 08/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:eee:finana:v:59:y:2018:i:c:p:47-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2014. "The manipulation of basel risk-weights," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 300-321.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:129:y:2018:i:3:p:510-530 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:3-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:93:y:2018:i:c:p:213-229 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flannery, Mark J. & Giacomini, Emanuela, 2015. "Maintaining adequate bank capital: An empirical analysis of the supervision of European banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 236-249.
- Maria del Pilar Castillo & Giácomo Balbinotto, 2012. "Las FARC y los costos del secuestro," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 14(27), pages 147-164, July-Dece.
- Berg, Tobias & Koziol, Philipp, 2017. "An analysis of the consistency of banks’ internal ratings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 27-41.
- Curto, José Dias & Quinaz, Pedro Miguel Mateus Dias, 2016. "Prudential regulation in an artificial banking system," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-27, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Barakova, Irina & Palvia, Ajay, 2014. "Do banks’ internal Basel risk estimates reflect risk?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 167-179.
- Adhikari, Binay Kumar & Agrawal, Anup, 2016. "Does local religiosity matter for bank risk-taking?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 272-293.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:331-345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew G. Haldane & Vasileios Madouros, 2012. "El perro y el frisbee," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 14(27), pages 13-56, July-Dece.
- Yann Braouezec & Lakshithe Wagalath, 2016. "Risk-based capital requirements and optimal liquidation in a stress scenario," Working Papers 2016-ACF-01, IESEG School of Management.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Paladino, Giovanna, 2016. "Basel II and regulatory arbitrage. Evidence from financial crises," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 180-196.
- Paolo Angelini & Sergio Nicoletti-Altimari & Ignazio Visco, 2013. "Macroprudential, Microprudential and Monetary Policies: Policies, Complementarities and Trade-Offs," Chapters,in: Stability of the Financial System, chapter 22 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-02-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:erf:erfstu:78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laurent, Jean-Paul & Sestier, Michael & Thomas, Stéphane, 2016. "Trading book and credit risk: How fundamental is the Basel review?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 211-223.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:227-262 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBank supervision; Bank regulations; Asia and Pacific; Capital; Banks; Banking sector; Credit risk; Cross country analysis; Europe; North America; Risk management; Regulation; Risk-weighted Assets; Basel I; II; III; banking; capital requirements; market risk; Revisiting Risk-Weighted Assets; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; Corporate Finance and Governance: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-04-23 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-04-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-REG-2012-04-23 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2012-04-23 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.