Revisiting Risk-Weighted Assets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Asli Demirguc‐Kunt & Enrica Detragiache & Ouarda Merrouche, 2013.
"Bank Capital: Lessons from the Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 1147-1164, September.
- Ouarda Merrouche & Enrica Detragiache & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt, 2010. "Bank Capital; Lessons From the Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 10/286, International Monetary Fund.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Bank capital : lessons from the financial crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5473, The World Bank.
- Gordy, Michael B. & Marrone, James, 2012.
"Granularity adjustment for mark-to-market credit risk models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1896-1910.
- Michael B. Gordy & James Marrone, 2010. "Granularity adjustment for mark-to-market credit risk models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Bank capital requirements: Can we fix risk-weighting?
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-05-19 18:21:03
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2014. "The manipulation of basel risk-weights," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 300-321.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Giacomini, Emanuela, 2015. "Maintaining adequate bank capital: An empirical analysis of the supervision of European banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 236-249.
- Maria del Pilar Castillo & Giácomo Balbinotto, 2012. "Las FARC y los costos del secuestro," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 14(27), pages 147-164, July-Dece.
- Berg, Tobias & Koziol, Philipp, 2017. "An analysis of the consistency of banks’ internal ratings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 27-41.
- Curto, José Dias & Quinaz, Pedro Miguel Mateus Dias, 2016. "Prudential regulation in an artificial banking system," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-27, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Barakova, Irina & Palvia, Ajay, 2014. "Do banks’ internal Basel risk estimates reflect risk?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 167-179.
- Adhikari, Binay Kumar & Agrawal, Anup, 2016. "Does local religiosity matter for bank risk-taking?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 272-293.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:331-345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew G. Haldane & Vasileios Madouros, 2012. "El perro y el frisbee," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 14(27), pages 13-56, July-Dece.
- Yann Braouezec & Lakshithe Wagalath, 2016. "Risk-based capital requirements and optimal liquidation in a stress scenario," Working Papers 2016-ACF-01, IESEG School of Management.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Paladino, Giovanna, 2016. "Basel II and regulatory arbitrage. Evidence from financial crises," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 180-196.
- David G. Mayes & Hanno Stremmel, 2014. "The Effectiveness of Capital Adequacy Measures in Predicting Bank Distress," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Paolo Angelini & Sergio Nicoletti-Altimari & Ignazio Visco, 2013. "Macroprudential, Microprudential and Monetary Policies: Policies, Complementarities and Trade-Offs," Chapters,in: Stability of the Financial System, chapter 22 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-02-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:erf:erfstu:78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laurent, Jean-Paul & Sestier, Michael & Thomas, Stéphane, 2016. "Trading book and credit risk: How fundamental is the Basel review?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 211-223.
More about this item
KeywordsBank supervision; Bank regulations; Asia and Pacific; Capital; Banks; Banking sector; Credit risk; Cross country analysis; Europe; North America; Risk management; Regulation; Risk-weighted Assets; Basel I; II; III; banking; capital requirements; market risk; Revisiting Risk-Weighted Assets; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; Corporate Finance and Governance: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-04-23 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-04-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-REG-2012-04-23 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2012-04-23 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .