Institutions, Informality, and Wage Flexibility; Evidence From Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Blien, Uwe & Wolf, Katja, 2009.
"New evidence on the dynamic wage curve for Western Germany: 1980-2004,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 47-51, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Blien, Uwe & Wolf, Katja, 2008. "New Evidence on the Dynamic Wage Curve for Western Germany: 1980–2004," IZA Discussion Papers 3433, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Badi H. Baltagi & Uwe Blien & Katja Wolf, 2008. "New Evidence on the Dynamic Wage Curve for Western Germany: 1980-2004," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 103, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Aureo de Paula & Jose A. Scheinkman, 2006.
"The Informal Sector,"
122247000000001030, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Áureo de Paula & José A. Scheinkman, 2007. "The Informal Sector," NBER Working Papers 13486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aureo de Paula & Jose A Sheinkman, 2007. "The Informal Sector," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000001663, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jose Scheinkman & Aureo de Paula, 2007. "The Informal Sector," 2007 Meeting Papers 117, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Aureo de Paula & Jose A. Scheinkman, 2007. "The Informal Sector," PIER Working Paper Archive 07-033, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Koujianou Goldberg, Pinelopi & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003.
"The response of the informal sector to trade liberalization,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 463-496, December.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2003. "The Response of the Informal Sector to Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 9443, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003. "The Response of the Informal Sector to Trade Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 3874, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Card, 1995. "The Wage Curve: A Review," Working Papers 722, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & JosÈ Luiz Rossi, 2003. "New Evidence from Brazil on Trade Liberalization and Productivity Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1383-1405, November.
- David Card, 1995. "The Wage Curve: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(2), pages 285-299, June.
- Filho, Irineu de Carvalho & Chamon, Marcos, 2012.
"The myth of post-reform income stagnation: Evidence from Brazil and Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 368-386.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho & Marcos d Chamon, 2008. "The Myth of Post-Reform Income Stagnation; Evidence from Brazil and Mexico," IMF Working Papers 08/197, International Monetary Fund.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu & Chamon, Marcos, 2011. "The myth of post-reform income stagnation: Evidence from Brazil and Mexico," MPRA Paper 28532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Carlos Henrique Corseuil, 2004.
"The Impact of Regulations on Brazilian Labor Market Performance,"
NBER Chapters,in: Law and Employment: Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean, pages 273-350
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Carlos Henrique Corseuil, 2001. "The Impact of Regulations on Brazilian Labor Market Performance," Research Department Publications 3124, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Ellery Júnior, Roberto de Góes & Gomes, Victor, 2005.
"Produtividade agregada brasileira (1970-2000): declínio robusto e fraca recuperação,"
FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
594, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & Roberto Ellery Jr & Victor Gomes, 2005. "Produtividade Agregada Brasileira (1970-2000): Declínio Robusto E Fraca Recuperação," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 062, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Moulton, Brent R., 1986. "Random group effects and the precision of regression estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 385-397, August.
- Ulyssea, Gabriel, 2010. "Regulation of entry, labor market institutions and the informal sector," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 87-99, January.
- repec:fth:prinin:343 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alm, James & Bahl, Roy & Murray, Matthew N, 1991. "Tax Base Erosion in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(4), pages 849-872, July.
- Sanz de Galdeano, Anna & Turunen, Jarkko, 2005. "Real wages and local unemployment in the euro area," Working Paper Series 471, European Central Bank.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Institutions, Informality, and Wage Flexibility: Evidence from Brazil
by Maximo Rossi in Wikiprogress América Latina on 2012-04-26 01:05:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Weisbrot & Jake Johnston & Stephan Lefebvre, 2014. "The Brazilian Economy in Transition: Macroeconomic Policy, Labor and Inequality," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2014-14, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Fernanda Brollo, & Forquesato, Pedro & Gozzi, Juan Carlos, 2017.
"To the Victor Belongs the Spoils? Party Membership and Public Sector Employment in Brazil,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
1144, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Brollo, Fernanda & Forquesato, Pedro & Gozzi, Juan Carlos, 2017. "To the Victor Belongs the Spoils? Party Membership and Public Sector Employment in Brazil," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 353, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Ahmed, Waqas & Choudhary, M. Ali & Khan, Sajawal & Naeem, Saima & Zoega, Gylfi, 2014. "Determinants of wage stickiness in a developing economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 296-304.
- Brollo, Fernanda & Forquesato, Pedro & Gozzi, Juan Carlos, 2017. "To the Victor Belongs the Spoils? Party Membership and Public Sector Employment in Brazil," Economic Research Papers 269088, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- M. Ali Choudhary & Saima Mahmood & Sajawal Khan & Waqas Ahmed & Gylfi Zoega, 2013.
"Sticky Wages in a Developing Country: Lessons from Structured Interviews in Pakistan,"
School of Economics Discussion Papers
0213, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Waqas Ahmed & Muhammad Ali Choudhary & Sajawal Khan & Saima Naeem & Gylfi Zoega, 2013. "Stick Wages in a Developing Country: Lessons from Structured Interviews in Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 55, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Charlot, Olivier & Malherbet, Franck & Terra, Cristina, 2015. "Informality in developing economies: Regulation and fiscal policies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1-27.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Brazil; Labor markets; Unemployment; Wage flexibility; Wages; informal work; regulations; wage; unemployment rate; employment; Institutions; Informality; and Wage Flexibility:; Wages; Compensation; and Labor Costs: General; Labor-Management Relations; Trade Unions; and Collective Bargaining: General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2012-04-23 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-IUE-2012-04-23 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2012-04-23 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2012-04-23 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LMA-2012-04-23 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.