Operative Principles of Islamic Derivatives; Towards a Coherent Theory
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heiko Hesse & Andreas (Andy) Jobst & Juan SolÃ©, 2008. "Trends and Challenges in Islamic Finance," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 9(2), pages 175-193, April.
- Andreas Jobst, 2007. "The Economics of Islamic Finance and Securitization," IMF Working Papers 07/117, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas A. Jobst, 2014. "The Islamic debate on derivatives," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 16, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Waemustafa, Waeibrorheem & Sukri, Suriani, 2015. "Theory of Gharar and its interpretation of Risk and Uncertainty from the perspectives of Authentic Hadith and the Holy Quran: A Qualitative Analysis," MPRA Paper 78316, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jan 2016.
- Injadat, Ehab M. M., 2014. "Futures and Forwards Contracts from Perspective of Islamic Law," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 241-252.
- Jean-Baptiste Desquilbet & Fedi Kalai, 2013. "Contrat De Depot Et Partage Du Risque De Liquidite Dans La Banque Islamique :Une Approche A La Diamond Et Dybvig: Deposit Contracts And Liquidity Risk Sharing In Islamic Banks: A Diamond And Dybvig Ap," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 56(3-4), pages 389-412.
- Uddin, Md Akther, 2015. "Conventional Futures: Derivatives from Islamic Law of Contract Perspective," MPRA Paper 70147, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial instruments; Islamic finance; Islamic banking; International financial markets; derivatives; Islamic risk management; shari’ah compliance; sukuk; mudaraba; ijarah; murabaha; riba; istisna; gharar; maisir; maslaha; hedging; derivative; islamic law; Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty; Business Economics: General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .