Debt, Taxes, and Banks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Rongbing & Ritter, Jay R., 2009. "Testing Theories of Capital Structure and Estimating the Speed of Adjustment," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 237-271, April.
- De Haan, Jakob & Poghosyan, Tigran, 2012.
"Bank size, market concentration, and bank earnings volatility in the US,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 35-54.
- Jacob de Haan & Tigran Poghosyan, 2011. "Bank Size, Market Concentration, and Bank Earnings Volatility in the US," DNB Working Papers 282, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Murray Z. Frank & Vidhan K. Goyal, 2009.
"Capital Structure Decisions: Which Factors Are Reliably Important?,"
Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Frank, Murray Z. & Goyal, Vidhan K., 2009. "Capital Structure Decisions: Which Factors are Reliably Important?," MPRA Paper 22525, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 1065-1188, November.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," CEMA Working Papers 595, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 13882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Reint Gropp & Florian Heider, 2010. "The Determinants of Bank Capital Structure," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 14(4), pages 587-622.
- Slemrod, Joel, 2009. "Lessons for Tax Policy in the Great Recession," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 62(3), pages 387-397, September.
- Feld, Lars P. & Heckemeyer, Jost H. & Overesch, Michael, 2013.
"Capital structure choice and company taxation: A meta-study,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2850-2866.
- Feld, Lars P. & Heckemeyer, Jost H. & Overesch, Michael, 2011. "Capital structure choice and company taxation: A meta-study," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-075, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lars P. Feld & Jost Henrich Heckemeyer & Michael Overesch, 2011. "Capital Structure Choice and Company Taxation: A Meta-Study," CESifo Working Paper Series 3400, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alfons J. Weichenrieder & Tina Klautke, 2008. "Taxes and the Efficiency Costs of Capital Distortions," CESifo Working Paper Series 2431, CESifo Group Munich.
- Asl? Demirgüç-Kunt & Edward J. Kane & Luc Laeven (ed.), 2008. "Deposit Insurance around the World: Issues of Design and Implementation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262042541, March.
- Gordon, Roger H., 2010. "Taxation and Corporate Use of Debt: Implications for Tax Policy," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 63(1), pages 151-174, March.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Karacaovali, Baybars & Laeven, Luc, 2005. "Deposit insurance around the world : a comprehensive database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3628, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bas B. Bakker & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Luc Laeven & Jérôme Vandenbussche & Deniz O Igan & Hui Tong, 2012. "Policies for Macrofinancial Stability; How to Deal with Credit Booms," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 12/06, International Monetary Fund.
- European Commission, 2013. "Tax reforms in EU Member States - Tax policy challenges for economic growth and fiscal sustainability – 2013 Report," Taxation Papers 38, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:81-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cappelletti, Giuseppe & Guazzarotti, Giovanni & Tommasino, Pietro, 2017.
"The stock market effects of a securities transaction tax: Quasi-experimental evidence from Italy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 81-92.
- Tommasino, Pietro & Cappelletti, Giuseppe & Guazzarotti, Giovanni, 2016. "The stock market effects of a securities transaction tax: quasi-experimental evidence from Italy," Working Paper Series 1949, European Central Bank.
- Serena Fatica & Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan Nicodème, 2013. "The Debt-Equity Tax Bias: Consequences and Solutions," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 5-18.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:24:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10797-016-9432-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:125:y:2017:i:2:p:266-285 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steve Bond & Kyung Yeon Ham & Giorgia Maffini & Andrea Nobili & Giacomo Ricotti, 2016. "Regulation, tax and capital structure: evidence from administrative data on Italian banks," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 361, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Peter Birch Sørensen, 2014. "Taxation and the Optimal Constraint on Corporate Debt Finance," CESifo Working Paper Series 5101, CESifo Group Munich.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller & Rossana Merola & Volker Ziemann, 2012. "Debt and Macroeconomic Stability," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1003, OECD Publishing.
- Johannesen, Niels, 2014. "Tax avoidance with cross-border hybrid instruments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 40-52.
- Peter Birch Sørensen, 2014. "Taxation and the optimal constraint on corporate debt finance," Working Papers 1427, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller, 2012. "Debt and Macroeconomic Stability: An Overview of the Literature and Some Empirics," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1006, OECD Publishing.
- repec:men:journl:v:3:y:2017:i:1:p:5-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfinin:v:30:y:2017:i:c:p:86-106 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Corporate taxes; Commercial banks; Debt; Bank taxation; corporate tax; debt bias; leverage; tax rate; capital requirement; deposit insurance; bank capital; Business Taxes and Subsidies including sales and value-added (VAT);
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2012-03-21 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-03-21 (Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.