Fiscal Performance, Institutional Design and Decentralization in European Union Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco Buti & João Nogueira Martins & Alessandro Turrini, 2007.
"From Deficits to Debt and Back: Political Incentives under Numerical Fiscal Rules,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 53(1), pages 115-152, March.
- Buti, Marco & Martins, Joao Nogueira & Turrini, Alessandro Antonio, 2006. "From Deficits to Debt and Back: Political Incentives under Numerical Fiscal Rules," CEPR Discussion Papers 5809, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jürgen Von Hagen & Massimo Bordignon & Bhajan S. Grewal & Per Peterson & Helmut Seitz & Matz Dahlberg, 2000. "Subnational Government Bailouts in OECD Countries: Four Case Studies," Research Department Publications 3100, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Bruno, Giovanni S.F., 2005.
"Approximating the bias of the LSDV estimator for dynamic unbalanced panel data models,"
Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 361-366, June.
- Giovanni S.F. Bruno, 2004. "Approximating the Bias of the LSDV Estimator for Dynamic Unbalanced Panel Data Models," KITeS Working Papers 159, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2004.
- Douglas Sutherland & Robert W. R. Price & Isabelle Joumard, 2005. "Fiscal Rules for Sub-central Governments: Design and Impact," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 465, OECD Publishing.
- Luiz de Mello, 2007. "Local Government Finances: The Link between Intergovernmental Transfers and Net Worth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 581, OECD Publishing.
- Xavier Debrun & Laurent Moulin & Alessandro Turrini & Joaquim Ayuso-i-Casals & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2008. "Tied to the mast? National fiscal rules in the European Union," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 23, pages 297-362, April.
- Charles E. McLure, Jr. & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 1998. "Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations in Vietnam," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper9802, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesco Forte & Mihai Mutascu, 2015. "State fragility and fiscal decentralization in EU ex-communist countries in a public choice approach," Working Papers halshs-01101558, HAL.
- Sola, Sergio & Palomba, Geremia, 2016. "Sub-nationals' risk premia in fiscal federations: Fiscal performance and institutional design," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 165-187.
- Richard I Allen & Yasemin Hurcan & Peter Murphy & Maximilien Queyranne & Sami Yläoutinen, 2015. "The Evolving Functions and Organization of Finance Ministries," IMF Working Papers 15/232, International Monetary Fund.
- Agnese Sacchi & Simone Salotti, 2017.
"The influence of decentralized taxes and intergovernmental grants on local spending volatility,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(4), pages 507-522, April.
- Agnese Sacchi & Simone Salotti, 2014. "The influence of decentralized taxes and intergovernmental grants on local spending volatility," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1405, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- David Bartolini & Agnese Sacchi & Simone Salotti & Raffaella Santolini, 2015. "Fiscal decentralisation in times of financial crises," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1506, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Luc Eyraud & Marialuz Moreno Badia, 2013. "Too Small to Fail? Subnational Spending Pressures in Europe," IMF Working Papers 13/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Davide Furceri & Agnese Sacchi & Simone Salotti, 2016.
"Can Fiscal Decentralization Alleviate Government Consumption Volatility?,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 611-636, September.
- Furceri, Davide & Sacchi, Agnese & Salotti, Simone, 2014. "Can fiscal decentralization alleviate government consumption volatility?," MPRA Paper 54513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergio Sola & Geremia Palomba, 2015. "Sub-National Government’s Risk Premia; Does Fiscal Performance Matter?," IMF Working Papers 15/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Santiago Lago-Peñas & Jorge Martínez-Vázquez & Agnese Sacchi, 2018. "Fiscal stability during the great recesion: Putting decentralization design to the test," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1806, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Shijaku, Gerti, 2012. "Sustainability of fiscal policy: the case of Albania," MPRA Paper 79089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michele Cincera & Antonio Estache & Wolf Alexander, 2012. "Would Less Fiscal Decentralization Reduce Public Sector Size across Sectors in Europe ?," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2012-028, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Moussé Sow & Ivohasina F Razafimahefa, 2015. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Efficiency of Public Service Delivery," IMF Working Papers 15/59, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Spain; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Ananya Kotia & Victor Duarte Lledo, 2016. "Do Subnational Fiscal Rules Foster Fiscal Discipline? New Empirical Evidence from Europe," IMF Working Papers 16/84, International Monetary Fund.
- Benos, Christos & Angelopoulou, Ioanna & Metaxas, Theodore, 2017. "“Decentralization” of income per capita and its relationship to administrative decentralization in the context of European Union members," MPRA Paper 78777, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Checherita-Westphal, Cristina & Žďárek, Václav, 2017. "Fiscal reaction function and fiscal fatigue: evidence for the euro area," Working Paper Series 2036, European Central Bank.
- Santiago Lago-Peñas & Agnese Sacchi & Pablo Simon-Cosano, 2014. "Who honor the rules of federalism? Party system nationalization and fiscal performance," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1409, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Moessinger, Marc-Daniel & Yeter, Mustafa, 2015.
"Do Fiscal Rules Constrain Fiscal Policy? A Meta-Regression-Analysis,"
Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy
112800, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Moessinger, Marc-Daniel & Yeter, Mustafa, 2016. "Do fiscal rules constrain fiscal policy? A meta-regression-analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-027, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Romania; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/80, International Monetary Fund.
- Sacchi, Agnese & Salotti, Simone, 2014. "The asymmetric nature of fiscal decentralization: theory and practice," MPRA Paper 54506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:171:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0441-0 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal decentralization; European Union; European Economic and Monetary Union; Government expenditures; Fiscal policy; Fiscal rules; fiscal institutions; decentralization; subnational governments; fiscal performance; State and Local Taxation; Subsidies; and Revenue; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .