Stock-Flow Adjustments and Fiscal Transparency; A Cross-Country Comparison
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Campos, Camila F.S. & Jaimovich, Dany & Panizza, Ugo, 2006.
"The unexplained part of public debt,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 228-243, September.
- Dany Jaimovich & Ugo Panizza & Camil F.S. Campos, 2006. "The Unexplained Part of Public Debt," Research Department Publications 4449, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jaimovich, Dany & Panizza, Ugo & Campos, Camil F.S., 2011. "The Unexplained Part of Public Debt," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1571, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Luc Laeven & Fabian Valencia, 2010. "Resolution of Banking Crises; The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," IMF Working Papers 10/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Roel Beetsma & Massimo Giuliodori & Peter Wierts, 2009. "Planning to cheat: EU fiscal policy in real time," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 24, pages 753-804, October.
- S M Ali Abbas & Nazim Belhocine & Asmaa El-Ganainy & Mark Horton, 2011. "Historical Patterns and Dynamics of Public Debt—Evidence From a New Database," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 59(4), pages 717-742, November.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Fiscal Transparency and Economic Outcomes," IMF Working Papers 05/225, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Gandrud & Mark Hallerberg, 2015. "What is a Financial Crisis? Efficiently Measuring Real-Time Perceptions of Financial Market Stress with an Application to Financial Crisis Budget Cycles," CESifo Working Paper Series 5632, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kayahan TÜM, 2015. "Investigating Frauds in Goverment Accounting," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(6), pages 892-907, June.
- Maria Manuel Campos & Cristina Checherita-Westphal & Pascal Jacquinot & Pablo Burriel & Francesco Caprioli, 2019. "Economic consequences of high public debt and challenges ahead for the euro area," Working Papers o201904, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Antonio Fatás & Atish R. Ghosh & Ugo Panizza & Andrea F Presbitero, 2019. "The Motives to Borrow," IMF Working Papers 19/101, International Monetary Fund.
- Reischmann, Markus, 2016.
"Creative accounting and electoral motives: Evidence from OECD countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 243-257.
- Markus Reischmann, 2015. "Creative Accounting and Electoral Motives: Evidence from OECD Countries," ifo Working Paper Series 201, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Timothy C. Irwin, 2015. "Defining The Government'S Debt And Deficit," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 711-732, September.
- Afonso, António & Jalles, João Tovar, 2020.
"Stock flow adjustments in sovereign debt dynamics: The role of fiscal frameworks,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 1-16.
- António Afonso & João Tovar Jalles, 2019. "Stock Flow Adjustments in Sovereign Debt Dynamics: The Role of Fiscal Frameworks," Working Papers REM 2019/66, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- António Afonso & José Alves, 2017. "Stock-Flow Adjustments and Interest Rates," Working Papers Department of Economics 2017/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Lorenzo Cicatiello & Elina Simone & Giuseppe Lucio Gaeta, 2017.
"Political determinants of fiscal transparency: a panel data empirical investigation,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 315-336, November.
- Cicatiello, Lorenzo & De Simone, Elina & Gaeta, Giuseppe Lucio, 2016. "Political determinants of fiscal transparency: a panel data empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 72609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaramillo, Laura & Mulas-Granados, Carlos & Kimani, Elijah, 2017. "Debt spikes and stock flow adjustments: Emerging economies in perspective," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 1-14.
- Wehner, Joachim & de Renzio, Paolo, 2013. "Citizens, Legislators, and Executive Disclosure: The Political Determinants of Fiscal Transparency," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 96-108.
- António Afonso & João Tovar Jalles, 2019. "Stock ﬂow adjustments in sovereign debt dynamics: the role of fiscal frameworks," EconPol Working Paper 20, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- de Renzio, Paolo & Wehner, Joachim, 2017. "The impacts of fiscal openness," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 82521, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Barry Eichengreen & Asmaa El-Ganainy & Rui Esteves & Kris James Mitchener, 2019.
"Public Debt Through the Ages,"
NBER Working Papers
25494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry & El-Ganainy, Asmaa & Esteves, Rui & Mitchener, Kris James, 2019. "Public Debt Through the Ages," CEPR Discussion Papers 13471, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barry J. Eichengreen & Asmaa A ElGanainy & Rui Pedro Esteves & Kris James Mitchener, 2019. "Public Debt Through the Ages," IMF Working Papers 19/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Janků, Jan & Libich, Jan, 2019. "Ignorance isn't bliss: Uninformed voters drive budget cycles," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 21-43.
- Laura Jaramillo & Anke Weber, 2013. "Global Spillovers into Domestic Bond Markets in Emerging Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 13/264, International Monetary Fund.
- Maurer, Henri & Keweloh, Sascha, 2017. "Quality enhancements in Government Finance Statistics since the introduction of the euro - Econometric evidence," Statistics Paper Series 26, European Central Bank.
- Markus Reischmann, 2016. "Empirische Studien zu Staatsverschuldung und fiskalischen Transferzahlungen," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 63.
- Mike Seiferling, 2013. "Stock-Flow Adjustments, Government’s Integrated Balance Sheet and Fiscal Transparency," IMF Working Papers 13/63, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsCross country analysis; Budget deficits; Fiscal analysis; Public debt; Fiscal policy; Fiscal transparency; debt; deficits; interest; National Budget; Deficit; and Debt: General; International Lending and Debt Problems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.