How Risky Are Banks' Risk Weighted Assets? Evidence From the Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maarten de Ridder, 2016.
"Investment in Productivity and the Long-Run Effect of Financial Crises on Output,"
1630, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- de Ridder, M., 2016. "Investment in Productivity and the Long-Run Effect of Financial Crises on Output," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1659, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Maarten de Ridder, 2016. "Investment in Productivity and the Long-Run Effect of Financial Crises on Output," CESifo Working Paper Series 6243, CESifo Group Munich.
- Acharya, Viral & Engle, Robert & Pierret, Diane, 2014.
"Testing macroprudential stress tests: The risk of regulatory risk weights,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 36-53.
- Acharya, Viral V & Engle III, Robert F & Pierret, Diane, 2013. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Viral V. Acharya & Robert Engle & Diane Pierret, 2013. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," NBER Working Papers 18968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Engle III, Robert F & Pierret, Diane, 2014. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brunella Bruno & Giacomo Nocera & Andrea Resti, 2015. "The credibility of European banks’ risk-weighted capital: structural differences or national segmentations?," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1509, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Behn, Markus & Haselmann, Rainer & Vig, Vikrant, 2014. "Risk weights, lending, and financial stability: Limits to model-based capital regulation," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100430, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Andrievskaya & Semenova, 2015. "Market Discipline in the Interbank Market: Evidence from Russia," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 69-98, March.
- Diane Pierret, 2015.
"Systemic Risk and the Solvency-Liquidity Nexus of Banks,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 11(3), pages 193-227, June.
- PIERRET, Diane, 2014. "Systemic risk and the solvency-liquidity nexus of banks," CORE Discussion Papers 2014038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:mes:eaeuec:v:53:y:2015:i:2:p:69-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chan-Lau, Jorge A. & Liu, Estelle X. & Schmittmann, Jochen M., 2015.
"Equity returns in the banking sector in the wake of the Great Recession and the European sovereign debt crisis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 164-172.
- Jorge A Chan-Lau & Estelle X Liu & Jochen M. Schmittmann, 2012. "Equity Returns in the Banking Sector in the Wake of the Great Recession and the European Sovereign Debt Crisis," IMF Working Papers 12/174, International Monetary Fund.
- Chan-Lau, Jorge A. & Liu, Estelle X. & Schmittmann, Jochen M., 2013. "Equity returns in the banking sector in the wake of the great recession and the European sovereign debt crisis," Discussion Papers 32/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- de Ridder, Maarten, 2016. "Investment in productivity and the long-run effect of financial crises on output," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86180, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Tümer Kapan & Camelia Minoiu, 2013.
"Balance Sheet Strength and Bank Lending During the Global Financial Crisis,"
IMF Working Papers
13/102, International Monetary Fund.
- Kapan, Tümer & Minoiu, Camelia, 2013. "Balance sheet strength and bank lending during the global financial crisis," Discussion Papers 33/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Shimizu, Katsutoshi, 2015. "Adjusting denominators of capital ratios: Evidence from Japanese banks," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 60-68.
- David G. Mayes & Hanno Stremmel, 2014. "The Effectiveness of Capital Adequacy Measures in Predicting Bank Distress," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Matthew Schurin, 2012. "Optimal Fiscal Policy and the Banking Sector," Working papers 2012-40, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2013.
- Andrievskaya, Irina & Semenova, Maria, 2013. "Market discipline and the Russian interbank market," BOFIT Discussion Papers 29/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- repec:erf:erfstu:78 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBank supervision; Asset management; Capital; Banks; Credit risk; Financial crisis; Investment; Liquidity; Global Financial Crisis 2008-2009; Stock prices; crisis; regulation; risk weighted assets; Basel III; banking; return on assets; dummy variables; standard errors; independent variables; Financial Institutions and Services: General; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .