How Risky Are Banks' Risk Weighted Assets? Evidence From the Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Ridder, Maarten, 2016.
"Investment in productivity and the long-run effect of financial crises on output,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
86180, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- de Ridder, M., 2016. "Investment in Productivity and the Long-Run Effect of Financial Crises on Output," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1659, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Maarten de Ridder, 2016. "Investment in Productivity and the Long-Run Effect of Financial Crises on Output," Discussion Papers 1630, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Acharya, Viral & Engle, Robert & Pierret, Diane, 2014.
"Testing macroprudential stress tests: The risk of regulatory risk weights,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 36-53.
- Viral V. Acharya & Robert Engle & Diane Pierret, 2013. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," NBER Working Papers 18968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Engle III, Robert F & Pierret, Diane, 2014. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acharya, Viral V & Engle III, Robert F & Pierret, Diane, 2013. "Testing Macroprudential Stress Tests: The Risk of Regulatory Risk Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tümer Kapan & Camelia Minoiu, 2013.
"Balance Sheet Strength and Bank Lending During the Global Financial Crisis,"
IMF Working Papers
13/102, International Monetary Fund.
- Kapan, Tümer & Minoiu, Camelia, 2013. "Balance sheet strength and bank lending during the global financial crisis," Discussion Papers 33/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Chan-Lau, Jorge A. & Liu, Estelle X. & Schmittmann, Jochen M., 2015.
"Equity returns in the banking sector in the wake of the Great Recession and the European sovereign debt crisis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 164-172.
- Jorge A Chan-Lau & Estelle X Liu & Jochen M. Schmittmann, 2012. "Equity Returns in the Banking Sector in the Wake of the Great Recession and the European Sovereign Debt Crisis," IMF Working Papers 12/174, International Monetary Fund.
- Chan-Lau, Jorge A. & Liu, Estelle X. & Schmittmann, Jochen M., 2013. "Equity returns in the banking sector in the wake of the great recession and the European sovereign debt crisis," Discussion Papers 32/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Pérez Montes, Carlos & Trucharte Artigas, Carlos & Cristófoli, María Elizabeth & Lavín San Segundo, Nadia, 2018. "The impact of the IRB approach on the risk weights of European banks," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 147-166.
- repec:erf:erfstu:78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diane Pierret, 2015.
"Systemic Risk and the Solvency-Liquidity Nexus of Banks,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 11(3), pages 193-227, June.
- PIERRET, Diane, 2014. "Systemic risk and the solvency-liquidity nexus of banks," CORE Discussion Papers 2014038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Risna Triandhari & Sugiharso Safuan & M. Syamsudin & Halim Alamsyah, 2017. "Banks' Risk Taking Behavior and the Optimization Monetary Policy," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4B), pages 754-769.
- Barucci, Emilio & Milani, Carlo, 2018. "Do European banks manipulate risk weights?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 47-57.
- Brunella Bruno & Giacomo Nocera & Andrea Resti, 2015. "The credibility of European banks’ risk-weighted capital: structural differences or national segmentations?," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1509, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Behn, Markus & Haselmann, Rainer & Vig, Vikrant, 2014. "Risk weights, lending, and financial stability: Limits to model-based capital regulation," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100430, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Maarten de Ridder, 2016. "Investment in Productivity and the Long-Run Effect of Financial Crises on Output," CESifo Working Paper Series 6243, CESifo Group Munich.
- Shimizu, Katsutoshi, 2015. "Adjusting denominators of capital ratios: Evidence from Japanese banks," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 60-68.
- Beltrame, Federico & Previtali, Daniele & Sclip, Alex, 2018. "Systematic risk and banks leverage: The role of asset quality," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 113-117.
- Matthew Schurin, 2012. "Optimal Fiscal Policy and the Banking Sector," Working papers 2012-40, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2013.
- Andrievskaya, Irina & Semenova, Maria, 2013. "Market discipline and the Russian interbank market," BOFIT Discussion Papers 29/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
More about this item
KeywordsBank supervision; Asset management; Capital; Banks; Credit risk; Financial crisis; Investment; Liquidity; Global Financial Crisis 2008-2009; Stock prices; crisis; regulation; risk weighted assets; Basel III; banking; return on assets; dummy variables; standard errors; independent variables; Financial Institutions and Services: General; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.