Can Policies Affect Employment Intensity of Growth? A Cross-Country Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Davide Furceri, 2010. "Long-run growth and volatility: which source really matters?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(15), pages 1865-1874.
- Gilles Mourre, 2006.
"Did the pattern of aggregate employment growth change in the euro area in the late 1990s?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(15), pages 1783-1807.
- Mourre, Gilles, 2004. "Did the pattern of aggregate employment growth change in the euro area in the late 1990s?," Working Paper Series 358, European Central Bank.
- Gilles Mourre, 2006. "Did the pattern of aggregate employment growth change in the Euro area in the late 1990s?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14299, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kaufman, Roger T., 1988. "An international comparison of Okun's laws," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 182-203, June.
- Lorenzo E Bernal-Verdugo & Davide Furceri & Dominique Guillaume, 2012.
"Labor Market Flexibility and Unemployment: New Empirical Evidence of Static and Dynamic Effects,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 54(2), pages 251-273, June.
- Lorenzo E. Bernal-Verdugo & Davide Furceri & Dominique M. Guillaume, 2012. "Labor Market Flexibility and Unemployment; New Empirical Evidence of Static and Dynamic Effects," IMF Working Papers 12/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Andrea Bassanini & Romain Duval, 2009.
"Unemployment, institutions, and reform complementarities: re-assessing the aggregate evidence for OECD countries,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 40-59, Spring.
- Andrea Bassanini & Romain Duval, 2009. "Unemployment, institutions and reform complementarities: Re-assessing the aggregate evidence for OECD countries," Post-Print halshs-00395144, HAL.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide, 2010.
"Government size, composition, volatility and economic growth,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 517-532, December.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide, 2008. "Government size, composition, volatility and economic growth," Working Paper Series 849, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Davide Furceri, 2008. "Government Size, Composition, Volatility and Economic Growth," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/04, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Andrea Bassanini & Romain Duval, 2006.
"Employment Patterns in OECD Countries: Reassessing the Role of Policies and Institutions,"
OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers
35, OECD Publishing.
- Andrea Bassanini & Romain Duval, 2006. "Employment Patterns in OECD Countries: Reassessing the Role of Policies and Institutions," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 486, OECD Publishing.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2002. "Book review," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 581-584.
- Roger Perman & Christophe Tavera, 2005.
"A cross-country analysis of the Okun's Law coefficient convergence in Europe,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(21), pages 2501-2513.
- Christophe Tavéra & Roger Perman, 2005. "A cross-country analysis of the Okun's law coefficient convergence in Europe," Post-Print halshs-00010273, HAL.
- Freeman, Donald G, 2001. "Panel Tests of Okun's Law for Ten Industrial Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(4), pages 511-523, October.
- Ana L. Revenga & Samuel Bentolila, 1995. "What Affects the Employment Rate Intensity of Growth?," Working Papers 9517, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Gabrisch, Hubert & Buscher, Herbert S., 2005. "The unemployment-growth relationship in transition countries," IWH Discussion Papers 5/2005, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Davide Furceri & Lorenzo E. Bernal-Verdugo & Dominique M. Guillaume, 2012. "Crises, Labor Market Policy, and Unemployment," IMF Working Papers 12/65, International Monetary Fund.
- Horst Feldmann, 2006. "Government Size and Unemployment: Evidence from Industrial Countries," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(3), pages 443-459, June.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1985. "Economics of Worldwide Stagflation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number brun85-1, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- La dÃ©rÃ©gulation du marchÃ© du travail est-elle une solution au chÃ´mage ?
by ? in D'un champ l'autre on 2014-04-26 18:10:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferdinand Pavel & Yann Girard & Arno Hantzsche & Anselm Mattes & Julius Pahlke & Katherina Peter, 2014. "Wachstumsfaktor Telekommunikation: zum Beitrag der Telekommunikationsbranche zur wirtschaftlichen Entwicklung in Deutschland; Endbericht," DIW Berlin: Politikberatung kompakt, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, volume 78, number pbk78.
- Louise Fox & Cleary Haines & Jorge Huerta Munoz & Alun H. Thomas, 2013. "Africa's Got Work to Do; Employment Prospects in the New Century," IMF Working Papers 13/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin Lábaj & Karol Morvay & Martin Hudcovský, 2015. "Labour Elasticity in V4 countries: Structural decomposition analysis," Department of Economic Policy Working Paper Series 009, Department of Economic Policy, Faculty of National Economy, University of Economics in Bratislava.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:484966 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aleksynska, Mariya., 2014. "Deregulating labour markets : how robust is the analysis of recent IMF working papers?," ILO Working Papers 994849663402676, International Labour Organization.
- Emiliano COLANTONIO & Gianluigi NICO, 2014. "CAN OKUN’s LAW EXPLAIN DECENT WORK DEFICIT FOR YOUNG PEOPLE IN EUROPE? A FOCUS ON THE ROMANIAN ECONOMY," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 38(1(47)), pages 5-35, June.
- Tregenna, Fiona., 2015. "Sectoral dimensions of employment targeting," ILO Working Papers 994867013402676, International Labour Organization.
- K. Burggraeve & G. de Walque & H. Zimmer, 2015. "The relationship between economic growth and employment," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue i, pages 32-52, June.
- Richter, Kaspar & Witkowski, Bartosz, 2014. "Does growth generate jobs in Eastern Europe and Central Asia ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6759, The World Bank.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Algeria; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/342, International Monetary Fund.
- Enrico D'Elia & Alessandra Righi, 2017. "Firm's level labour intensity in Italy after the Great Recession," Working Papers 1, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Magda E. Kandil & Genevieve M Lindow & Mario Mansilla & Joel Chiedu Okwuokei & Jochen M. Schmittmann & Qiaoe Chen & Xin Li & Marika Santoro & Solomon Stavis, 2014. "Labor Market Issues in the Caribbean; Scope to Mobilize Employment Growth," IMF Working Papers 14/115, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Kuwait; Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 12/151, International Monetary Fund.
- Abdelaaziz Aït Ali & Yassine Msadfa, 2017. "Manufacturing Employment Elasticity and Its Drivers in Developing and Emerging Countries : Focus on Sub-Saharan Africa," Research papers & Policy papers 1709, OCP Policy Center.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486701 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEmployment; Cross country analysis; Labor markets; Production growth; Unemployment; employment elasticities; structural policies; reforms; labor market; labor market policies; Macroeconomics: Consumption; Saving; Production; Employment and Investment: Other; Mobility; Unemployment; and Vacancies: General; Analysis Of Collective Decision-making;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-FDG-2012-09-16 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-LAB-2012-09-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2012-09-16 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .