Great Recession and Fiscal Squeeze at U.S. Subnational Government Level
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lutz, Byron & Molloy, Raven & Shan, Hui, 2011.
"The housing crisis and state and local government tax revenue: Five channels,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 306-319, July.
- Byron F. Lutz & Raven S. Molloy & Hui Shan, 2010. "The housing crisis and state and local government tax revenue: five channels," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Svec Justin & Kondo Ayako, 2012.
"Fiscal Policy Cyclicality and Growth within the US States,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-35, March.
- Ayako Kondo & Justin Svec, 2009. "Fiscal Policy Cyclicality and Growth within the U.S. States," Working Papers 0911, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Pasricha, Gurnain Kaur, 2011. "Net Fiscal Stimulus During The Great Recession," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8df5z6j8, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- James M. Poterba, 1996. "Do Budget Rules Work?," NBER Working Papers 5550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic recession; Investment; Fiscal policy; Government expenditures; Stabilization measures; United States; Tax revenues; Tax policy; Tax collection; local government finance; tax revenue; state budget; state budgets; General Financial Markets: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2012-08-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2012-08-23 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .