Building Blocks for Effective Macroprudential Policies in Latin America; Institutional Considerations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2000.
"Las crisis gemelas: las causas de los problemas bancarios y de balanza de pagos
[The twin crises: Te causes of banking and balance of payments problems]," MPRA Paper 13842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis I. Jacome H. & Tahsin Saadi Sedik & Simon Townsend, 2011. "Can Emerging Market Central Banks Bail Out Banks? A+L4848 Cautionary Tale From Latin America," IMF Working Papers 11/258, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Credit Growth and the Effectiveness of Reserve Requirements and Other Macroprudential Instruments in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 12/142, International Monetary Fund.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Luis-Fernando Mejía, 2004.
"On the empirics of Sudden Stops: the relevance of balance-sheet effects,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Luis-Fernando Mejia, 2004. "On the Empirics of Sudden Stops: The Relevance of Balance-Sheet Effects," NBER Working Papers 10520, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Luis Fernando Mejía, 2004. "On the Empirics of Sudden Stops: The Relevance of Balance-Sheet Effects," Research Department Publications 4367, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Luis Fernando Mejía, 2004. "On the Empirics of Sudden Stops: The Relevance of Balance-Sheet Effects," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1485, Inter-American Development Bank.
- G. Terrier & Rodrigo O. Valdes & Camilo E Tovar Mora & Jorge A Chan-Lau & Carlos Fernandez Valdovinos & Mercedes Garcia-Escribano & Carlos I. Medeiros & Man-Keung Tang & Mercedes Vera Martin & W. Chri, 2011. "Policy Instruments to Lean Against the Wind in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 11/159, International Monetary Fund.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Alejandro Jara & Ramon Moreno & Camilo E Tovar, 2009. "The global crisis and Latin America: financial impact and policy responses," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Jácome, Luis I. & Vázquez, Francisco, 2008. "Is there any link between legal central bank independence and inflation? Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 788-801, December.
- International Monetary Fund, 2011. "Macroprudential Policy; What Instruments and How to Use them? Lessons From Country Experiences," IMF Working Papers 11/238, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Jimena Zuniga, 2015.
"Varieties of Capital Flows: What Do We Know?,"
CID Working Papers
296, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Jimena Zúñiga, 2015. "Varieties of capital flows: What do we know," Business School Working Papers 2015-01, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Levy Yeyati, Eduardo & Zuniga, Jimena, 2015. "Varieties of Capital Flows: What Do We Know," Working Paper Series rwp15-025, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Olivier J Blanchard & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Paolo Mauro, 2013. "Rethinking Macro Policy II; Getting Granular," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 13/003, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan Finkelstein-Shapiro & Andrés González Gómez, 2015. "Macroprudential Policy and Labor Market Dynamics in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 88738, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Carlos Hurtado, 2012. "The Euro Experience: A Review of the Euro Crisis, Policy Issues, Issues Going Forward and Policy Implications for Latin America," Research Department Publications 4786, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- International Monetary Fund, 2013. "Brazil; Technical Note on Macroprudential Policy Framework," IMF Staff Country Reports 13/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Luis Ignacio Jácome, 2015. "Central Banking in Latin America; From the Gold Standard to the Golden Years," IMF Working Papers 15/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Olivier Blanchard & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Paolo Mauro, 2014. "Introduction: Rethinking Macro Policy II--Getting Granular," MIT Press Book Chapters,in: What Have We Learned? Macroeconomic Policy After the Crisis, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 1-28 The MIT Press.
- Ananthakrishnan Prasad & Heba Abdel Monem & Pilar Garcia Martinez, 2016. "Macroprudential Policy and Financial Stability in the Arab Region," IMF Working Papers 16/98, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan Finkelstein Shapiro & Andres Gonzalez, 2015. "Macroprudential Policy and Labor Market Dynamics in Emerging Economies," IMF Working Papers 15/78, International Monetary Fund.
- Tatiana Didier & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2014. "Emerging Issues in Financial Development : Lessons from Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 16387.
- repec:cml:moneta:v:iv:y:2016:i:2:p:233-273 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose De Gregorio, 2013. "Resilience in Latin America; Lessons from Macroeconomic Management and Financial Policies," IMF Working Papers 13/259, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial stability; Banking crisis; Banking supervision; Cross country analysis; Central banks; Central banks and their policies; Latin America; Macroprudential Policy; Monetary policy; Macrorpudential policy; systemic crises; financial system; financial institutions; banking; banking crises; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAM-2012-08-23 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MAC-2012-08-23 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.