The Eastern Caribbean Currency Union; Would a Fiscal Insurance Mechanism Mitigate National Income Shocks?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jules-Armand Tapsoba, 2009.
"West African Monetary Integration and Interstates Risk-Sharing,"
- Sampawende Jules Tapsoba, 2011. "West African Monetary Integration and Interstates Risk-Sharing," Working Papers halshs-00553244, HAL.
- Sampawende Jules TAPSOBA, 2010. "West African Monetary Integration and Interstates Risk-Sharing," Working Papers 201002, CERDI.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Bent E. Sørensen & Oved Yosha, 1996. "Channels of Interstate Risk Sharing: United States 1963–1990," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1081-1110.
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto & Spolaore, Enrico, 1995.
"Togetheror separately? Issues on the costs and benefits of political and fiscal unions,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 751-758, April.
- Perotti, Roberto & Spolaore, Enrico & Alesina, Alberto, 1995. "Together or Separately? Issues on the Costs and Benefits of Political and Fiscal Unions," Scholarly Articles 4553017, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán, 2005.
"Characterizing macroeconomic shocks in the CEECs,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 227-234, December.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán, "undated". "Characterizing macroeconomic shocks in the CEECs," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 05-12, FEDEA.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán, 2005. "CHARACTERIZING MACROECONOMIC SHOCKS IN THE CEECs," Working Papers 05-12, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán, 2007. "Vulnerability to Shocks in EMU: 1991–2004 (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(5-6), pages 225-234, August.
- Carmen Díaz-Roldán & Oscar Bajo-Rubio, "undated". "Vulnerability to Shocks in EMU: 1991-2004," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 05-08, FEDEA.
- Emilio Pineda & Paul Cashin & Yan M Sun, 2009. "Assessing Exchange Rate Competitiveness in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union," IMF Working Papers 09/78, International Monetary Fund.
- Davide Furceri, 2004. "Does the EMU Need a Fiscal Transfer Mechanism?," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 73(3), pages 418-428.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sebastian Sosa & Paul Cashin, 2009. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations in the Caribbean; The Role of Climatic and External Shocks," IMF Working Papers 09/159, International Monetary Fund.
- Juliana Dutra Araujo, 2009. "Fiscal Cycles in the Caribbean," IMF Working Papers 09/158, International Monetary Fund.
- Evridiki Tsounta, 2008. "What Attracts Tourists to Paradise?," IMF Working Papers 08/277, International Monetary Fund.
- Handler, Heinz, 2013.
"The eurozone: piecemeal approach to an optimum currency area,"
67183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heinz Handler, 2013. "The Eurozone: Piecemeal Approach to an Optimum Currency Area," WIFO Working Papers 446, WIFO.
- Goohoon Kwon & Raphael A Espinoza, 2009. "Regional Financial Integration in the Caribbean; Evidence From Financial and Macroeconomic Data," IMF Working Papers 09/139, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsCaribbean; Eastern Caribbean Currency Union; External shocks; National income; Monetary unions; Income shocks; Income tax revenue; Fiscal policy; Fiscal insurance mechanism; transfers; tax revenue; asymmetric shocks; monetary union; aggregate demand; Economic Growth of Open Economies; Taxation; Subsidies; and Revenue: General; Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2012-03-08 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MON-2012-03-08 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .