What’s in it for Me? A Primeron Differences between Islamic and Conventional Finance in Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Serhan Cevik & Joshua Charap, 2015.
"The Behavior of Conventional and Islamic Bank Deposit Returns in Malaysia and Turkey,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues,
Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 111-124.
- Joshua Charap & Serhan Cevik, 2011. "The Behavior of Conventional and Islamic Bank Deposit Returns in Malaysia and Turkey," IMF Working Papers 11/156, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexakis, Christos & Pappas, Vasileios & Tsikouras, Alexandros, 2017. "Hidden cointegration reveals hidden values in Islamic investments," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 70-83.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2013-035 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:43:y:2017:i:c:p:124-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ipg:wpaper:35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mumtaz Hussain & Asghar Shahmoradi & Rima Turk, 2016. "An Overview of Islamic Finance," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 1-28, February.
- Ajmi, Ahdi Noomen & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Sarafrazi, Soodabeh, 2014.
"How strong are the causal relationships between Islamic stock markets and conventional financial systems? Evidence from linear and nonlinear tests,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 213-227.
- Ahdi Noomen Ajmi & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Soodabeh Sarafrazi, 2013. "How strong are the causal relationships between Islamic stock markets and conventional financial systems? Evidence from linear and nonlinear tests," Working Papers 2013-35, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Mohamed Ariff & Mervyn K. Lewis, 2014. "Similarities and differences in Islamic and conventional banking," Chapters,in: Risk and Regulation of Islamic Banking, chapter 4, pages 55-70 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Mensi, Walid & Reboredo, Juan Carlos & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014. "Dynamic dependence of the global Islamic equity index with global conventional equity market indices and risk factors," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 189-206.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:2:p:215-235 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alfred Kammer & Mohamed Norat & Marco Pinon & Ananthakrishnan Prasad & Christopher M Towe & Zeine Zeidane, 2015. "Islamic Finance; Opportunities, Challenges, and Policy Options," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 15/5, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsMalaysia; International financial markets; Islamic banks; conventional banks; Sukuk; bond; bonds; islamic finance; Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .