Tariff-Tax Reforms in Large Economies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Emran, M. Shahe & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2005.
"On selective indirect tax reform in developing countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 599-623, April.
- M. Shahe Emran & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002. "On Selective Indirect Tax Reform in Developing Countries," International Trade 0210003, EconWPA.
- Bown, Chad P. & Crowley, Meredith A., 2006.
"Policy externalities: How US antidumping affects Japanese exports to the EU,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 696-714, September.
- Chad P. Bown & Meredith A. Crowley, 2004. "Policy externalities: how U.S. antidumping affects Japanese exports to the EU," Working Paper Series WP-04-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Miles S. Kimball & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2008. "Labor Supply: Are the Income and Substitution Effects Both Large or Both Small?," NBER Working Papers 14208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hatta, Tatsuo, 1977. "A Recommendation for a Better Tariff Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(8), pages 1859-1869, November.
- Tehmina S. Khan & John Norregaard, 2007. "Tax Policy; Recent Trends and Coming Challenges," IMF Working Papers 07/274, International Monetary Fund.
- Reint Gropp & Liam P. Ebrill & Janet Gale Stotsky, 1999. "Revenue Implications of Trade Liberalization," IMF Occasional Papers 180, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael, Michael S. & Hatzipanayotou, Panos & Miller, Stephen M., 1993. "Integrated reforms of tariffs and consumption taxes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 417-428, October.
- Jenny Ligthart & Gerard C. van der Meijdenz, 2011.
"The Dynamics of Revenue-Neutral Trade Liberalization,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper1124, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Ligthart, J.E. & van der Meijden, G.C., 2011. "The Dynamics of Revenue-Neutral Trade Liberalization," Discussion Paper 2011-142, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Fender, John & Yip, Chong K., 2000. "Tariffs and exchange rate dynamics redux," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 633-655, October.
- Luis-Felipe Zanna & Olivier Basdevant & Susan S. Yang & Genevieve Verdier & Joannes Mongardini & Borislava Mircheva & Dalmacio Benicio, 2011. "The Design of Fiscal Adjustment Strategies in Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, and Swaziland," IMF Working Papers 11/266, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Philip Luck & Maurice Obstfeld & Katheryn N. Russ, 2018.
"In Search of the Armington Elasticity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 100(1), pages 135-150, March.
- Feenstra, Robert & Luck, Philip & Obstfeld, Maurice & Russ, Katheryn N., 2014. "In Search of the Armington Elasticity," CEPR Discussion Papers 9951, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Philip A. Luck & Maurice Obstfeld & Katheryn N. Russ, 2014. "In Search of the Armington Elasticity," NBER Working Papers 20063, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naito, Takumi, 2006. "Tariff and tax reform: Dynamic implications," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 504-517, March.
- Kreickemeier, Udo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis, 2008.
"Tari[ff]-tax reforms and market access,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 85-91, August.
- Kreickemeier, Udo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis, 2006. "Tariff-Tax Reforms and Market Access," Working Papers 06-2006, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Kreickemeier, Udo & Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis, 2006. "Tariff-Tax Reforms and Market Access," CEPR Discussion Papers 5889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emmanuel Dhyne & Luis J. Alvarez & Herve Le Bihan & Giovanni Veronese & Daniel Dias & Johannes Hoffmann & Nicole Jonker & Patrick Lunnemann & Fabio Rumler & Jouko Vilmunen, 2006. "Price Changes in the Euro Area and the United States: Some Facts from Individual Consumer Price Data," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 171-192, Spring.
- Betts, Caroline & Devereux, Michael B., 2000. "Exchange rate dynamics in a model of pricing-to-market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 215-244, February.
- Fukushima, Takashi, 1979. "Tariff Structure, Nontraded Goods and Theory of Piecemeal Policy Recommendations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(2), pages 427-435, June.
- Keen, Michael & Ligthart, Jenny E., 2002.
"Coordinating tariff reduction and domestic tax reform,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 489-507, March.
- Michael Keen & Jenny E Ligthart, 1999. "Coordinating Tariff Reduction and Domestic Tax Reform," IMF Working Papers 99/93, International Monetary Fund.
- Yu, Jun & Zhang, Shunming, 2011. "Optimal trade policy in tariff games with inside money," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1604-1614, July.
- Emi Nakamura & Jón Steinsson, 2008. "Five Facts about Prices: A Reevaluation of Menu Cost Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1415-1464.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:japwor:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:12-22 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Developing countries; Consumption taxes; Tariff reforms; Tax increases; Terms of trade; Trade liberalization; Tax revenues; Tax reforms; Tariff-tax reform; imperfect competition; trade negotiations; open economy macroeconomics; tax reform; consumption tax; tariff rate;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.