Welfare Effects of Monetary Integration; The Common Monetary Area and Beyond
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cobham, David & Robson, Peter, 1994. "Monetary integration in Africa: A deliberately European perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 285-299, March.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2002.
"ìNew" Views on the Optimum Currency Area Theory: What is EMU Telling US?,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
140, Royal Economic Society.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2002. ""New" views on the optimum currency area theory: what is EMU telling us?," Working Paper Series 138, European Central Bank.
- Jacques Mélitz, 1991. "Brussels on a single money," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 323-336, October.
- Axel Boersch-Supan, 1999. "Incentive Effects of Social Security Under an Uncertain Disability Option," NBER Working Papers 7339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Hawkins & Paul Masson, 2003. "Economic aspects of regional currency areas and the use of foreign currencies," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),Regional currency areas and the use of foreign currencies, volume 17, pages 4-42, Bank for International Settlements.
- Alberto Alesina & Robert J. Barro & Silvana Tenreyro, 2003.
"Optimal Currency Areas,"
NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2002, Volume 17, pages 301-356,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Robert Barro & Silvana Tenreyro, 2002. "Optimal Currency Areas," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1958, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Alberto Alesina & Robert J. Barro & Silvana Tenreyro, 2002. "Optimal Currency Areas," NBER Working Papers 9072, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tenreyro, Silvana & Barro, Robert & Alesina, Alberto, 2002. "Optimal Currency Areas," Scholarly Articles 4553033, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Martin, Philippe, 1995. "Free-riding, convergence and two-speed monetary unification in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1345-1364, August.
- Debrun, Xavier, 2001. "Bargaining over EMU vs. EMS: Why Might the ECB Be the Twin Sister of the Bundesbank?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(473), pages 566-590, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nchake, Mamello A. & Edwards, Lawrence & Rankin, Neil, 2018. "Closer monetary union and product market integration in emerging economies: Evidence from the Common Monetary Area in Southern Africa," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 154-164.
- Abban, Stanley, 2020. "The Prospect of the Proposed Currency Union on Intra-regional Trade: Southern African Customs Union," MPRA Paper 103123, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mulatu F. Zehirun & Marthinus C. Breitenbach & Francis Kemegue, 2014.
"Monetary Integration in SADC: Assessment of Policy Coordination and Real Effective Exchange Rate Stability,"
201473, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mulatu F. Zerihun, Marthinus C. Breitenbach and Francis Kemegue, 2014. "Monetary Integration in SADC: Assessment of Policy Coordination and Real Effective Exchange Rate Stability," Working Papers 479, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Naftaly Mose & Jane Kaboro, 2019. "Does Inflation Rate Convergence Spur Exchange Rate Volatility? Empirical Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 7(2), pages 95-109, June.
- Emilio Sacerdoti, 2020. "Unioni monetarie che utilizzano il franco CFA e prospettive per un'unione monetaria in Africa dell?Est: un'analisi dei benefici dell'unione monetaria, e la questione della fissitÃ del tasso di cambio ," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 73(289), pages 33-55.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic indicators; Southern African Development Community; Welfare; monetary policy; inflation; central bank; monetary union; monetary area;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.