Determinants of Credit Growth and Interest Margins in the Philippines and Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Gerlach & Wensheng Peng & Chang Shu, 2005. "Macroeconomic conditions and banking performance in Hong Kong SAR: a panel data study," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Investigating the relationship between the financial and real economy, volume 22, pages 481-97 Bank for International Settlements.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- May Y Khamis & Plamen K Iossifov, 2009. "Credit Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa—Sources, Risks, and Policy Responses," IMF Working Papers 09/180, International Monetary Fund.
- M S Mohanty & Gert Schnabel & Pablo Garcia-Luna, 2006. "Banks and aggregate credit: what is new?," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The banking system in emerging economies: how much progress has been made?, volume 28, pages 11-39 Bank for International Settlements.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2000. "Financial structure and bank profitability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2430, The World Bank.
- M. Idrees Khawaja & Musleh-Ud Din, 2007.
"Determinants of Interest Spread in Pakistan,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(2), pages 129-143.
- Idrees Khawaja & Musleh-ud Din, 2007. "Determinants of Interest Spread in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2007:22, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Idrees Khawaja & Musleh-ud Din, 2007. "Determinants of Interest Spread in Pakistan," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22209, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ahmet AYSAN & Cagri HUSNU DALGIC & Murat DEMIRCI, "undated". "Macroeconomic, Sector Specific and Bank Specific Determinants of Net Interest Rate Margin: What Matters More For An Emerging Market Economy?," EcoMod2010 259600015, EcoMod.
- Kaiguo Zhou & Michael C. S. Wong, 2008. "The Determinants of Net Interest Margins of Commercial Banks in Mainland China," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 41-53, September.
- Claeys, Sophie & Vander Vennet, Rudi, 2008. "Determinants of bank interest margins in Central and Eastern Europe: A comparison with the West," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 197-216, June.
- Guilherme Jonas Costa da Silva & José Luís Oreiro & Luiz Fernando de Paula, 2007. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Bank Spread in Brazil: An Empirical Evaluation," Working Papers 0066, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- Raphael A Espinoza & Ananthakrishnan Prasad, 2010. "Nonperforming Loans in the GCC Banking System and their Macroeconomic Effects," IMF Working Papers 10/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Guilherme Jonas Costa da Silva & José Luís Oreiro & Luiz Fernando de Paula & Rogério Sobreira, 2007. "Macroeconomic Determinants Of Banking Spread In Brazil: An Empirical Evaluation," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 098, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- David Tennant & Abiodun Folawewo, 2009. "Macroeconomic and market determinants of interest rate spreads in low- and middle-income countries," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(6), pages 489-507.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit expansion; Credit demand; Banking sector; Asia; Interest rates; Private sector; Philippines; credit growth; net interest margins; banking; financial system; bank size; banking system; stock market; Economywide Country Studies: Asia including Middle East;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.